It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis MN :: Black Hawk Helicopter Training Zone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

August 27, 2012 9:51 PM
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) - If you see military helicopters flying low over Minneapolis, don’t be alarmed. They’re just training in an urban environment.

The U.S. Special Operations Command will be conducting exercises until the beginning of September. This week they’re using helicopters, including Black Hawks.

They’re not giving out their exact training locations because they don’t want crowds to gather.

But you may get a glimpse of the helicopters flying low between 7 p.m. and midnight.

Yeah, I heard one of them last night and immediately thought Blackhawks...

I just found this blurb a few minutes ago.

Isn't this illegal?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

We've (Mpls./St. Paul) been fairly well removed from the more hard hitting police state crap that's reported in the alternative media.

This takes it. I believe that military exercises on US (non-military property) is illegal.

I may have to get some video of these long winded exercises.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Why would this be illegal???

I don't understand why you think training in US airspace is illegal.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

This takes it. I believe that military exercises on US (non-military property) is illegal.

No, the US military is charged with defending US soil, they are certainly allowed to train and have exercises outside of military bases.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

August 27, 2012 9:51 PM
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) - If you see military helicopters flying low over Minneapolis, don’t be alarmed. They’re just training in an urban environment.

The U.S. Special Operations Command will be conducting exercises until the beginning of September. This week they’re using helicopters, including Black Hawks.

They’re not giving out their exact training locations because they don’t want crowds to gather.

But you may get a glimpse of the helicopters flying low between 7 p.m. and midnight.

Yeah, I heard one of them last night and immediately thought Blackhawks...

I just found this blurb a few minutes ago.

Isn't this illegal?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

We've (Mpls./St. Paul) been fairly well removed from the more hard hitting police state crap that's reported in the alternative media.

I think you are referring to the Posse Comitatus Act, and it does not apply to training exercises.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I like how it says they may be seen flying low from 7-12. Perfect timing knowing the civilians are off guard and eating supper and getting ready for sleep. Very sketchy indeed

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
OK. As long as it's legal.

I don't like helicopters flying low at night with night vision peeking in my windows.

Especially when my wife and I are consuming passions. Of course, those young men will certainly learn.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Why would this be illegal???

I don't understand why you think training in US airspace is illegal.

Endangering civilians if something goes wrong would be the first thing that comes to mind.

I still don't think it's a huge deal though.....they need to train and practice to maintain their knowledge.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
sorta interesting to see..they are hovering above buildings and then heading out below the tops of the highrises...looks like they are practicing hovering while troops 'fastrope' onto a building top...but there are no troops leaving the choppers...assume it is the airwing of spec ops practicing deploing ground troops in an urban environment
interesting vid

i like the way the news keeps repeating.."routine' over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over....so it must be 'routine'....hmmmm but ive never seen this happen in minneapolis before....but its just 'routine'...and it wasnt untill a bunch of 911 calls about lowflying helos that the info was put out that its just a 'routine' exercise..............that has never benn done over downtown minneapolis.........just 'routine'....

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
here is the good vid

but remember tis is all routine.........buzzing around apt buildings........just routine...

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
well, detroit would have been a much better training ground considering that its a 3rd world city.
begin strafing!

new topics

top topics

join