It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California going off!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Yes.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Maybe Taco Bell has sold a batch of bad burritos...

>.>

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

XD. Good one.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
check this out -

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

What about this reading is supposed to alert me? What is the concern if you don't mind my asking...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

Because these California quakes, although frequent, are as strong as a girl. he Chile quakes going on right now are less frequent, yet more powerful....like a man

I seeeee.....thank you for that scientific explanation. Since I am but a mere girl, I didn't understand...I just needed a big strong man to explain to me

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I live in downtown Los Angeles. I've been home all weekend and haven't felt anything here.

This could be "normal" behavior for Southern California (in quotes because things vary so much on a long-term basis that our normal just means it's not time to panic yet).

If nothing else, this serves as a reminder to all of us living in earthquake-prone areas to make sure we're prepared - bottled water, first-aid kit, food, flashlights and stuff like that.

If nothing comes out of this swarm, we'll at least get a lot of good practice looking up and finding the online sites to keep us updated.

link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

From the general consensus it seems tsunamis are practically non existent in land based Eq's. I am no expert but am keeping an eye out and reading all I can just like everyone else. I hope what they suggested in the quakewatch thread, this may start to just slow down and get back to normal.

link   
reply to post by TheMatrixusesYou

I dont know,man. But i think that may lead to something,i'm just not sure about it though.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AquaDuck

Exactly. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I guess.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Great to see you back in the fold! At least I think I am... So are you here because of the crazy EQ's the sink hole or hurricane? All 3? Will look forward to your posts both here and in the EQ thread.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackbird2012

Ok,you're taking this into a COMPLETELY different subject here.

I have no idea what you're talking about. It is funny how one person can say something and another perceive it entirely through a filter of judgement. I am merely speaking of earthquakes. Geez what is it with women and earthquakes?
edit on 26-8-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackbird2012

I was once queen of the Palmdale youth football league... lol.

Hello Dolly!

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I understand from that point. But i'm talking about how it started,how it happened,and what could come out of it.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Because these California quakes, although frequent, are as strong as a girl. he Chile quakes going on right now are less frequent, yet more powerful....like a man

I seeeee.....thank you for that scientific explanation. Since I am but a mere girl, I didn't understand...I just needed a big strong man to explain to me

FINALLY, someone gets it. You are quite welcome.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Anyone else here in So Cal? I am far enough away, I don't feel anything but is anyone feeling "different"' today?

I am personally, just wondering, most likely coincidental.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Really? Cool. Good to hear from someone that is/or used to be local.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nicevillegrl

Those Cayce and Navy "new" (prediction) maps... Anyone know the date on those? I actually feel really silly asking that question but there are an awful lot of coincidences right now.

Also... there was a date I have heard mentioned that was really the ending date of the Mayan long count calendar (after adjusting for our 365 day years). Does anyone know what that date is?

Seriously and honestly, Cayce's predictions were for the late 90s. Gordon Scallion's maps were for the late 90s. If you believe that any of these sources are real, then do yourself a favor and remember what else such sources say: nothing is written in stone, nothing has to happen, there are several scenarios. Indeed, there were "Earth changes" maps made in the 90s, and one woman got three of them come to her - one was not that bad, another was kind of medium, and still another was horrible. And she said, each represented how much humanity had changed or not changed.

So again, if you subscribe to any of that, well we survived the 90s and averted it altogether. The cold war ended, and many other very cool things happened. If we averted those changes because we actually woke up a bit, then I direct your attention to now. This world is not nearly as in shambles as anyone thinks. What is happening is that more and more people by the day are beginning to figure out how screwed up our leaders are. But hey - they've been screwed up for decades. The fact that people are awakening to how screwed up everything is, is GOOD and is more reason and evidence to show that WE ARE CHANGING and do not need big nightmare scenarios.

So stop thinking about dates, and predictions, and do all you can to make this world a great place to be.

link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Hemet here, I cant feel it where I am. seems to be calming though

ETA: or not calming

edit on 26-8-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I'm in SoCal. So,i kinda have a little more basis of whats going on.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join