It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan hid the fossils to trick everyone!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
guys guys guys i solved it !! it wasnt satan it was humans !! yes they hid them .. 6 feet under
WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT ?
its like they were just burried there for no reason , sheesh i do hope they were dead before they "hid" them ...
how embarrassing would that be huh ?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

OK, I submit a more serious answer.

Firstly, the idea of Satan hiding ancient bones to fool us is not really provable one way or another. It is not really un-provable either. I think it serves as a handy way to explain away the existence of fossils to credulous people.

Secondly, the way the fossils are found is not random, and I think, not consistent with someone hiding them. Fossils appear to be there for a simple, natural reason, mostly buried by a hydrological catastrophe.

Thirdly, if we are going to blame anyone for the fossils, the prime suspect is God, who destroyed the pre-Flood world and all it contained. We have the book of Genesis as a literary source for this, and some think the fossils back it up, others think otherwise.

Fourthly, if you don't like the above, especially points two and three, the OP did mention Satan, and if you mention Satan, word of God and the Bible will not be far behind. Baggage if you will, but there it is.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well, first off Laz, interesting post.

Second I like the way to you put that... Hydrological Catastrophe hahaha very light handed of you

I just have a quick question, for what purpose would God hide them?
Or were you implying that it was just a by-product of the "Hydrological Incident" you speak of?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

It's more of a fringe belief but I have heard this numerous times on ATS alone.

It really only comes from the Young Earth Creationists.

The issue should be rather straightforward. The age of the bones are way older than Earth is supposed to be according to the Bible (read interpretation if you want). So instead of believing it's proof the Bible is fictitious they reconcile it with the belief Satan recently placed "old bones" to trick them into questioning God and the Bible.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas

"Satan hid the fossils there to trick people" is something I hear in the threads.
I used the search, and it doesn't seem like this has been directly addressed, on it's own.

I would like to start by asking people who believe this, to explain.
Because I find it hard to believe, that would be a lot of trouble to go through, and why would this be allowed?

I will try to approach this from a religion perspective. If you believe this, then it brings up other questions for me.

From a religious point of view, if Satan is allowed to do this, does it mean God has no power to stop him?

If Satan buried all the fossils, then are any/all scientific discoveries also tricks?

Is there any proof of this in the bible?

If you believe that Satan could have buried the fossils, is it not also possible that Satan made up a lie about burying the fossils to trick christians into not believing in evolution?

If Satan buried fossils, has God buried stuff as well?

*As a note, I understand not all christians believe this.

**For the purpose of discussion, it is assumed that the God theory is valid, as to reach a further line of though on this subject.

***This is not a christian bashing thread, so please refrain yourself from belittling those who are religious, categorizing them all with a wide brush, or reducing them to only to their religion.

****I am not a religious person trying to further religious beliefs, I am just curious about this subject.

Satan invented the concept of God to trick everyone who doesn't believe in him to be evil.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by saintinwaiting

The fossil record does not support the Darwinian theory of evolution because it is this theory (there are several) which we use to interpret the fossil record. By doing so we are guilty of circular reasoning if we then say the fossil record supports this theory.

The reasoning is not circular: it is one-way; from the fossil record to evolution. The fossil record says that evolution has occurred. Darwin was by no means the first, or even of the first generation, to notice this.

His theory does not state that evolution occurs; that is taken for granted. It proposes an explanation of how it works – a mechanism called natural selection. I'm sure you're familiar with the term.

There is no shortage of transitional forms; indeed, every individual fossil is a transitional form, because that's how evolution works. I don't hope to convince you of this, however; if you don't feel confidence in the evidence for evolution (much less natural selection), then by all means refuse to believe in it; I should.

I can't help but wonder, though, how much these material details truly influence your choice of what to believe.

What evidence have you personally observed of transitional forms in the physical sense?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Okay this is not the thread for Evolutionist vs. Creationist.. lots of other threads for that....
Not every thread in this area is about that...

This thread was very specifically created so that people who believe this could explain in more detain about this, without fear of negative reaction.

Please...Please... read the OP before posting.

If you believe Evolution is wrong that's fine, please post here if you believe the title of the thread.
Don't post here all your proof why Evolution is wrong, unless you believe the thread title and it pertains to your reasons why.

I am just curious about the people who believe this, and I wish to learn more.

If you are truly looking for people that believe a literal being named Satan created bones and physically hid them in the dirt for people to find and be confused about the truth of history.. i think you've discovered those people don't visit ATS. Maybe you will find the one person that does.. But why not go and pose this question somewhere where these people are more likely to visit? You know what i noticed about ATS? a crapload of these loaded threads looking for paper dragons where they don't exist.

I think you've done a great job trying to ferret these people out here. Very nice and non-threatening.. But i think topics like this ultimately degrade the potential of real discussions to be had here.

Should i post a serious question to believers in Santa Claus regarding his ability to fit down chimneys despite his robust size? Just to entertain myself with disbelief on why and how someone can believe in such fantasies?

What is with the pre-occupation with the small group of simple minded Christians here? Are we attempting to discount the wealth of valuable information in the bible by associating a bunch of simpletons with it?

Have you read the bible? Just REALLY really curious. Have you read the bible cover to cover? Any of it?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Right on... You are right... If GOD is doing all this to TEST us/me/you.. it is not funny and I would never want anything to do with a GOD that is so mean.. Not right at all...

Raised like U .. now does not believe anything....

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rwfresh

Believing in Satan is about as hard as believing in God..

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hollwd
reply to post by rwfresh

Believing in Satan is about as hard as believing in God..

That's because satan is so good at what he does.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

If Satan buried fossils, has God buried stuff as well?

Yep, Satan buried fossils. Thus God buried Satan.

Satan is now a fossil himself.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Show some proof of this biblical Satan first...

At least fossils are solid evidence...

prove to me carbon dating is 100% correct "fool"

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

edit on 24-8-2012 by Kino321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988

Originally posted by Akragon

Show some proof of this biblical Satan first...

At least fossils are solid evidence...

prove to me carbon dating is 100% correct "fool"

I couldn't care less either way...

prove to me you're anyone worth talking to...

Actually scratch that...Don't bother... i already know the answer...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
What hiding are you talking about.....
are you referring to the fossils that testify to creation in the Cambrian explosion where all phylum are found all of a suddenly fully developed and in the same layer....are you referring to the fossils of the global extinction level event in the cretaceous layer which testify to the global flood or are you saying that Satan hid all the millions upon millions of fossils of every kind of transition in between species that would support evolutionary theory (because the fossils that we have are bereft of transitions)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

For me, just my opinion, I believe in all religions. I think they all have got a little bit right and a little bit right. Protestants, Catholics, Buddhist, Muslims, they all have good and negative tenants. I do believe based on the bible, that the earth is only around 6,000 years old (fundamentalist belief can be looked up on google).

I think science has it wrong, i don't think carbon dating is accurate. Nothing is millions of years old. Everything including fossils is 6 to 7,000 years old. I know, call me crazy, Im calling science wrong, but stranger things have happened.

If no one was around millions of years ago, how do we know what went on millions of years ago? we do know when people started cave writing that man existed, which was only thousands of years ago. Again, I dont believe in scientific carbon dating. I really think thats the HOAX. How can something be measured against millions of years. It makes no sense to me.
And no, Im not anti-science, I do believe in most medicine and scientific beliefs.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Christians don't say this. This is a slur by anti Christians who mock believers. That's why you wont be able to find it. No Christian doctrine teaches this.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Are you denying there are Young/New Earth Christians

Some of them say Dinosaurs co-existed with Humans. Some say the bones were planted by the Devil to deceive.

I have heard it all...right here on ATS...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

There is no reason to argue this.... it is written in the bible.... a fool will have the proof before him and will still not see it.... this makes him a fool... (you)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Are you denying there are Young/New Earth Christians?

They are not Christians. They are members of a related group of degenerate cults, mostly of American origin, that have devolved from Christianity but repudiate its central message of universal love and forgiveness.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join