It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan hid the fossils to trick everyone!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

They have a different interpretation than other Christians. Some Christians won't call them Christians, but to non-believers they are Christians. Why would we call one group Christians and not another when they read and cite from the same texts? Discerning the "truthiness" of your claim requires faith in Christianity to begin with.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988
reply to post by Akragon

There is no reason to argue this.... it is written in the bible.... a fool will have the proof before him and will still not see it.... this makes him a fool... (you)

Lol. Akragon being in a foul mood and steve95988 calling him a fool who do not get it. This is hilarious from my point of view
. Trying to teach Akragon about god from the bible. Hahahahaha. I can't wait until Jesus arrive in person and the Christians are gonna teach Jesus what he should think based on the Bible. Hahahahaha. The halfblind totaly egodeluded telling the seeing what reality looks like. Hahahahaha.

God you make the best situation comedy jokes.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988
reply to post by Akragon

There is no reason to argue this.... it is written in the bible.... a fool will have the proof before him and will still not see it.... this makes him a fool... (you)

Theres lots of crap written in the bible... and its not always true....

by the way look what else is in the bible smart guy...

Matthew 5:22
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Don't forget to bring the sun tan lotion... I hear its hot down there...

edit on 25-8-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Satan tryin to trick us with buried artifacts? Seriously?

How can I take this idea serious? I can't! Sorry op but...... The idea alone is just silly to me.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
From a religious point of view, if Satan is allowed to do this, does it mean God has no power to stop him?

Well, it's Satan's world, not God's. So I guess he can do with it as he pleases.

The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, "I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. So if you worship me, it will all be yours."

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I would like to point out an inconsistency with the OP and most respondents to this thread:

SATAN IS NOT EXCLUSIVE TO CHRISTIANITY

Islam:
Stoning of the Devil or stoning of the jamarāt

Judaism:

In the Torah, the word Satan indicates “accuser,” “hinderer,” or “tempter.” Satan is more an obstacle in one’s way, such as temptation and evil doings, keeping them from completing the responsibilities of tikkun olam (fixing the world). Satan is our evil inclination to veer off the path of righteousness and faithfulness in God.Jewish virtual library.org

How quickly people judge................come on ATS members - you are better than that.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Huh? Satan buried fossils? Where did he get the fossils to bury? There has been people on this planet for a million years. Just because these people were not exactly like us doesn't mean they weren't people. They lived their lives just as our ancestors did, without all the stress we presently create for ourselves.

Actually, who cares how the fossils got in the ground anyway, it's fun digging up these fossils and ancient artifacts. If the devil is involved in any part of this it is in how people interpret these things. They are just fossils and artifacts.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Well, first off Laz, interesting post.

Second I like the way to you put that... Hydrological Catastrophe hahaha very light handed of you

I just have a quick question, for what purpose would God hide them?
Or were you implying that it was just a by-product of the "Hydrological Incident" you speak of?

God did not hide the fossils, it was just a side effect of the hydrological catastrophe, yes, or a by-product as you say. Fossils are real - no trick!

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Satan does not belong wholly to christianity... but this nefarious entity is rife in the 3 Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Islam, Christianity), as your post illustrates. all 3 cultures share the same creation story, where Satan makes his first appearance.

though some cultures have a wholly sinister deity in their pantheon (Set comes to mind), most other cultures represent the Shadow aspect of Creation through various Tricksters: Loki, Iktomi, Raven, old man Coyote, etc. and other sorts of beings whose motivations are ambiguous... mischievious, for sure - but not "pure evil" for its own sake.

it is the Abrahamic religions that "black & white" morality, creating this wholly evil entity whose power rivals that of the Creator. interesting that these three cultures also are the most zealous in their condemnation of others.

back onto the OPs topic. there is no reason for a Satan-like character to litter the world with fossils. doing so would only cause one to question a 6000 year old world. a 6000 year old world is not wholly equivalent to the existence of an Abrahamic God. it is a small sect of literalists who believe this. personally... i say good on Satan for challenging the literalists!

PS if we're going to blame Satan for something, i'd say commercial advertising, perhaps, is a good place to start.
on second thought, i'm sure commercials are even below ol' Mr. Scratch's standards.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

interesting that these three cultures also are the most zealous in their condemnation of others.

Indeed, I would suggest it is because they have the most to lose if & when SHTF and disclosure is announced.

Anyway, I also digress.........

Thanks for the back-up regarding my initial comments above - I just wanted to point out that zoning in only only one of the three faiths is counter-productive to the discussion the OP was attempting to generate.

edit on 25-8-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

With respect to its great contributions to society, I think it is important to make a case that science is really affecting society more like a religion now than a field of study or a resource base of useful information. Many everyday people do not understand it at all and accept ALL its teachings on faith.

It is not the fault of Science that many every day people do not understand it all. Nor is anybody expected to do so. However, if you want, you are free to educate yourself and see if it all is making sense.
Nothing is hidden. You decide yourself if you want to put any effort into it.

Unfortunately some scientists and academic professionals are not so noble and have perpetrated deliberate frauds and cover-ups of important discoveries.

Yes, of course there are frauds. Usually attention-seekers or people who have completely missed something while being obsessed by their work. This ends with the scientific community rejecting the discoveries.
So the question is, how could a fraud be an important discovery?
If you mean "no, they find something very interesting and cover it up because they don't want people to know" - well, then they wouldn't be scientists to begin with, because scientist do want to learn the "truth". So the question in that case is - are you barking up the wrong tree?

Modern Scientific beliefs are based upon a leap of faith in the big bang theory. It has become a belief system based on faith and therefore another form of religion.

First of all, it's easy to say that everything we see in the universe seems to originate from "a single point". Regardless of the accuracy of the rest of the current Big Bang theory (or theories, rather), what difference does it make for rest of science? It doesn't change much, now does it?
So no, modern science is not "based upon a leap of faith in the big bang theory".
It is just that the big bang is one of the big mysteries we have today. It does not have to influence science in itself to such an extent which would make further science "incorrect" or "false". It's just a theory.
Could you please tell me what you mean by this?

Scientists, like priests can explain their beliefs but the everyday people accept it all on faith.

First of all, they are not beliefs. They are either observable facts or theories (read: models) that seem accurate, and therefore "observable". It is not correct to call them beliefs. The views are honest and not "made up".

Scientists and doctors are the priests of this new religion, getting angry and crying "heresy" when anyone respectfully disagrees with them.

This is simply not true. Someone "not believing in science" (whatever that means) is completely allowed to have their own ideas.
Something that usually upsets scientists is when people explain the world with scientific terms and call it science (for the reason you stated before, that people will buy it without having to think). This meta-science is a disgrace. This too would be fine for someone to think, but spreading utter lies supposedly based on science isn't that nice. Surely you'd have to agree?

edit on 25-8-2012 by Consequence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Satan burrying fossils is just as kooky as strict creationism if not more. I mean come on, this is silly

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I'd just like to point out that Satan isn't even very original. Simply a variation on the trickster god that just about all religions we've ever dreamt up have contained.

My vote... Loki did it.

edit on 25-8-2012 by Noncompatible because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Some Christians won't call them Christians, but to non-believers they are Christians. Why would we call one group Christians and not another when they read and cite from the same texts? Discerning the "truthiness" of your claim requires faith in Christianity to begin with.

That's odd, because I am not a Christian. There are certain common articles of faith that define a Christian, and the sects to which we refer tend to reject one or more of these articles. There is also a historical continuity in the ordination of bishops, known as the Apostolic Succession, which these 'churches' do not share.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noncompatible

I'd just like to point out that Satan isn't even very original. Simply a variation on the trickster god that just about all religions we've ever dreamt up have contained.

My vote... Loki did it.

Or maybe Coyote did it.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

My vote... Loki did it.

Or maybe Coyote did it.

Indeed, though I am thinking Raven may have helped.

(We could probably drag this out to 40 or 50 posts if we list the best known mythologies
)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

My vote... Loki did it.

Or maybe Coyote did it.

Indeed, though I am thinking Raven may have helped.

(We could probably drag this out to 40 or 50 posts if we list the best known mythologies
)

Ya, and it would prove nothing. The whole premise of this thread is a joke, yes? It puts me in mind of the days when the Queen's spokesperson stated that the Queen had no legs...

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Satan tryin to trick us with buried artifacts? Seriously?

How can I take this idea serious? I can't! Sorry op but...... The idea alone is just silly to me.

Although I'm not a believer, this idea is not as silly as it sounds. Years ago, I would have laughed at the idea of someone burying fossils for mankind to find. However, one day I went with some friends to see this new 3D movie. We put on the 3D glasses as usual, and the film started. Right at about the start of the film there was a scene where some archeologists were digging up some fossils of dinosaur bones, and what was really weird, is how realistic it all seemed. One could easily imagine someone literally planting the bones in the mountain side just before the archeologist removed the rock and dirt to find it. Now that is with our modern technology. Just think, 1000 years from now, we'll have virtual realities indistinguishable from our own, were we'll have games of hide and seek, I hide the bones you find it, etc..and who will be able to tell what is real then? Right now, we could all be living in a created world, just like a virtual reality, and the "devils" on the opposing team, have the task of testing our faith, by using any method their imagination could think up, one such thing would definitely be to plant fossils and induce man to believe the world is older than the book of faith says it is, etc..it could all be true, and Satan is real, sitting there, smiling, and planting all the evidence like any good crooked cop would to catch his victim.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm Satan's I.T. guy, and he says he did not do this.

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

"Satan hid the fossils there to trick people" is something I hear in the threads.
I used the search, and it doesn't seem like this has been directly addressed, on it's own.

Seriously?

Where the crap did you hear this? Please could you post links in these threads where people have said this so that I know who they are? I have hard core fundie friends, and none of them have ever uttered anything even close to that. I'm not saying that people don't, I just have never come across it. I hear lots of people say that they have heard that argument though; so maybe people just don't bring it up when I am in earshot, or looking at my computer screen.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join