It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Filmed From Avebury Crop Circle, UK With Multiple Witnesses

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Did anyone check the ISS fly over times for this location? I'm a big fan of watching it go over, and the video reminded me of it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Not saying it's not ET, but my own personal rules for this type of thing, if it travels in a straight line, its a satellite, unless there is two in close proximity traveling together, satellites can appear and disappear pending on angle, they can all so flash and wobble if they are unstable and out of use, and variate speed slightly once again based on viewing angle, could you see any change in direction or complete stopping? I hope you say yes

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Great vid, thanks for posting. I believe in ET, but I have yet to see a video that is 100% convincing. I'm no expert on airplanes or jets, but maybe the "slow movement" can be explained by a somewhat distant plane flying away from you, slightly banking right or left(slow movement), then travelling farther away and disappearing while reflecting the sun. You said you were filming NW, and I think I see the sun setting right behind the tree line, but the sun obviously still has an angle on the UFO. I think the sun produces more glare when it's "lower" in the sky, therefore brightening the object more than normal. The same would apply to a satellite.

Nice vid though, I'm a believer, and can't wait for definitive proof.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by the.lights

Cool vid, don't know why everybody is all excited.

But whatever! I seen one of those little lights UFO's before, the one I can remember was back when I was about 15 or something, me and my friends were playing at a park area area/jungle gym. Just minding our business in one of the hotter days of summer, when I don't know who saw it first, but you can clearly see this light in the sky just trailing along.

I don't think it was a plane, and I do not think it was the sun reflecting off a plane as the thing was glowing and you could see that from way down were we were, and also when the sun reflects off things like planes it gives a sort of glare more so then a glow, and well I think it was over 90 degrees and this thing was not that far from the view of the sun, whatever it was and if it was some lights on a plane it must of been some pretty strong lights to even been seen while the sun was out full force, much less out shine the sun with its what seemed like an internal light/glow.

Could not really judge how big or far it was, but I think it was pretty far, but it did not seem to be all that big. And as it mosey'd on along you could see a smaller type plane that looked like it was trailing it some distance behind. But anyways whatever it was, I did not stick around to watch it all the way, I got bored after some minutes and went back to playing on the jungle gym. Never understood why people care so much for such things.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Is it this one you are talking about?
It just happened a couple of days ago.
www.cropcircleconnector.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Too bad crop circles are all man-made and what you filmed is most likely a jet reflecting sunlight.

Cool video for conspiracy theorists who hate facts though.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Just wanted to say i too have seen these orbs up very close within a few feet don't know what they are but have seen them even change size and colour. Totally silent I was with my daughter the first time and she could have almost touched it,did file mufon report and also ufo uk sighting report. Since then have seen them many times these things can stop suddenly and just hang there it was over my daughters head for above a minute only a couple of feet above the object made no noise gave off no heat and shot away at speed and even changed the angle of flight,sadly was unable to photo no camera, and also rooted to spot and felt fearful for my daughter i honestly could not move a muscle.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

way cool
sorry for the one liner its early

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by the.lights
One of those large troop carrier helicopters with the double rotors was buzzing the area the whole time I was there, from 5pm through until I left at 10pm.

Smoking gun? Why would the military be all interested. Spending £/$ flying hours over staple crops?

When disclosure happens I bet ppl will be defending them and their lies and cover ups. "They were just looking for terrorists". Anyone ask them why they do this over crop circles? Military helicopter, really?

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by igor_ats

A few years ago, UK researcher Nick Redfern was friends with a few of the circle-makers and military helis would turn up at new circles.

It wasn't through a conspiracy, but curiosity of the crews. If I'm not mistaken there's an MOD released document where crews were officially told to stop looking at crop circles because some people were using the sightings to claim a conspiracy.

I think people sometimes forget that military personnel are as likely to be curious about UFOs and crop circles as someone who isn't in the military. Examples of this are the military IPs that visit these kinds of websites.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Chromed or metallic helium balloon? Or yet another shy UFO? All that tech used to get here and they hide.

Imagine the utter disappointment of standing in a crop circle and a chrome Barbie helium crumpled balloon landing at your feet

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517

Nice catch man! I have seen the same thing numerous times in 2010.

and was stationary for 40 seconds - it did not move.

You see, most people here will just ignore those kinds of details. They will assume you are too dumb to know any better and can't tell what's happening in the sky.

But that just isn't the case. You clarify many details in some of your posts that clearly indicate it's not a plane at sunset. ....but as I said.... most people here are ignorant of those details.

I beg to differ. I think we pretty much concluded that the object is indeed "unidentified", but that makes the plane theory NOT less likely. In fact, it's the most likely and plausible explanation, by a huuuuuuge margin.

The average person does not necessarily know whether a light in the sky is "stationary", if it is a plane and in line of sight it can very well seem stationary but moving away or towards you. The average person (me included, by the way) would also be extremely bad in guessing flight-heights, speed etc. What we have is a light in the sky, and every researcher should take witness reports about size, speed, direction etc. with a grain of salt, if not two.

Are you a trained, professional "plane watcher" so you can conclude from a light in X mls distance about its movement or any other attributes? 99% of all people can not. If it were the case, rest assured we had FAR less UFO reports.
edit on 25-8-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by igor_ats

A few years ago, UK researcher Nick Redfern was friends with a few of the circle-makers and military helis would turn up at new circles.

It wasn't through a conspiracy, but curiosity of the crews. If I'm not mistaken there's an MOD released document where crews were officially told to stop looking at crop circles because some people were using the sightings to claim a conspiracy.

I think people sometimes forget that military personnel are as likely to be curious about UFOs and crop circles as someone who isn't in the military. Examples of this are the military IPs that visit these kinds of websites.

Kadinsky, with all due respect, that might be the what happened in some cases, but can you really consolidate that theory with the videos posted earlier in the thread?

The behaviour shown by these helicopters (sometimes in pairs), would, to me anyway, suggest otherwise.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I don't buy that. "They're only human and are curious too." Time and Fuel costs $$.

He said the military helicopter was there from 5 to 10pm. I think their "curiosity" would have been satiated by then.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

First off - I like your avatar

Secondly, I'll go back and read the posts you describe as I haven't followed this thread past the 1st page. My post about Nick Redfern's experience seemed relevant to the member I replied to - Igor-ATS

I'm probably at odds with the conspiracy angle of military aircraft because I'm in favour of CCs being entirely created by people. As such, there'd be no need for military surveillance beyond curiosity. Still, fair enough, I'll go take a look at these posts you mention.

@ Igor - 5 hours seems excessive to any reasoning.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I hate to be cynical on my very first post, but I call total b.s. on this one. I'm guessing the perpetrators of the crop circle were trying to sell their work, turned to film a very bright star, or planet, held the shot, then conveniently turned the camera away to the kid and others in the party (in reality, if you really thought you had a UFO caught on film, would you turn the camera away?). When the camera is turned back to the sky you can see the auto-focus trying to recapture the star or planet, but the camera-person continues to zoom and pan away to an empty sky, faking the the whole disappearing act. Nice try. I am a total believer in aliens and UFO's, but this is a poor hoax.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyD

I'm guessing the perpetrators of the crop circle were trying to sell their work

You may want to check through the thread before coming to your conclusion , the video was filmed by the OP , there is no suggestion that the OP created the Crop Circle .

The likely explanation for the light is a plane but others may think differently .

Welcome to ATS

edit on 25-8-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add Welcome

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Don't have time to read all posts so this might have already been suggested, but it looks (and by your description, sounds) like a chinese lantern to me.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by mikellmikell
The sun is going down it could be the reflection off a plane. Just one of the many possibilities. UFO yes ET probably not

Yes it could have been Santa Mooning them also...but is that likely since it is not December?

So you think it's more likely that this is ET than a plane glinting in the sunset?

That's all I see here. It's a distant plane and the angle of it is causing the sun to reflect and cause a spot.

That is the MOST PLAUSIBLE scenario, and suggesting it is anything else is clutching at straws and does nothing to improve the position of those of us who do believe we are being visited.

This is the worst thing about believing that we are visited - others who instantly assign everything that "could" be a UFO as being evidence of aliens visiting us. It's a bright dot, in the sky, during sunset. It proves nothing, and is most plausibly a standard passenger plane.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join