It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Filmed From Avebury Crop Circle, UK With Multiple Witnesses

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneEleven

Originally posted by gortex
As mentioned by others it looks like a plane , not unlike this one .

There are plenty of airports around the Avebury area as shown bellow .
Avebury Airports

edit on 24-8-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

BINGO. Not a reflection, but still a plane.

I was fooled by these many a times up until a few years ago. I even filmed a few that just seemed to disappear. Until one evening, the 'ufo' turned slightly, and while the light disappeared, the outline of the plane came into view.

Then i started watching these UFO's closer and guess what? They were ALL planes.

Perspective is a funny thing.

It's hard for people to admit that what they saw was nothing special. It was hard for me to admit it to myself, but once i saw the proof time and time again, well. It's either lie to yourself or accept that you were fooled.

yes yes, I have been fooled before as well. "WHAT IS THAT!!!!... Oh... It's a plane in the sun."

But you know what?

Sometimes they are actually orbs of light. And I have seen them with my own eyes at less than a thousand feet, one even floating into the ocean without making so much as a splash in the water.

So it is very important not to drive a stake into every UFO sighting just because we may have been fooled in the past.

Occam's Razor works both ways - a double-edged blade.

edit on 24-8-2012 by ThinkingCap because: EYE MAED A TIEPO

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
i'd love to believe..
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

So it is very important not to drive a stake into every UFO sighting just because we may have been fooled in the past.

Or its the best explanation for a light in the sky , I want to see an Alien spaceship as much as anyone but this isn't it and probably is just a plane .... not my fault

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

No problem Gortex, you do your job well and I commend you for it with a shiny star, usually.

It takes me just as much patience to go on here and see the 'improbable' dismissed so easily.

I am just glad this guy brought his camera, to share with us this sighting.

Even the things that I have seen in my life - I still cannot claim that I *know* anything.
What I could have seen, and what they could have seen in the original video - could very well be some fancy new technology being tested.

Dogma is dangerous, we're all guilty of using the word "is" instead of "could be" far too often in support of our beliefs.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I can't be sure what it was you were filming, but the kid in the background sounded so freakin cute
I love the English accent.
S n F for bringing this to our attention.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
i'd love to believe..
www.youtube.com...

you seriously take that as a debunk? lol. oh dear. well if that's all it takes

that guy is an idiot. his foot "width" is about the size of the tractor wheel tracks in the field. that's a seriously large foot. Maybe it was bigfoot?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
yes yes, I have been fooled before as well. "WHAT IS THAT!!!!... Oh... It's a plane in the sun."

But you know what?

Sometimes they are actually orbs of light. And I have seen them with my own eyes at less than a thousand feet, one even floating into the ocean without making so much as a splash in the water.

Occam's Razor works both ways - a double-edged blade.

edit on 24-8-2012 by ThinkingCap because: EYE MAED A TIEPO

Actually, i've never personally seen a 'plane in the sun' without it being obvious it's a plane ... My guess is that these are the plane's operational lights ... Most likely landing lights in this case ... I know for a FACT what i've seen were a plane's operational lights ...

From wiki :
en.wikipedia.org...

Landing lights are typically only useful as visibility aids to the pilots when the aircraft is very low and close to terrain, as during take-off and landing. Landing lights are usually extinguished in cruise flight, especially if atmospheric conditions are likely to cause reflection or glare from the lights back into the eyes of the pilots. However, the brightness of the landing lights makes them useful for increasing the visibility of an aircraft to other pilots, and so pilots are often encouraged to keep their landing lights on while in flight below certain altitudes or in crowded airspaces.

The airspace here was obviously crowded .... There are several planes that are DEFINITELY planes flying around in the video. There are also several airports near by.

My conclusion based on these facts is that this is a video of a plane with it's landing lights on flying directly toward the camera. It appears to hover because of viewer perspective. It's actually moving, not hovering. When it's angle changes, the lights go aren't pointing directly at the camera man anymore and appear to extinguish when in reality, they have just changed angle and are no longer facing the camera. At this distance and time of day the body of the plane itself is not visible.

yep ... hard to accept, but factual none the less.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

and those people can't prove they ever made any of the more impressive cropcircles. if they could, they would. but they can't.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
no, but we have actual evidence of this, so it should be considered the more likely option vs an intelligent life force that's too scared to talk to us any other way than a pictogram we can't reply to?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by the.lights

I'm starting to thing aliens are wheat intollerent ....or are galactic art students....bloody students

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Op, cool stuff right here! Love it!

Just because I personally have not been abducted, probed, visited, seen lights, crop circle in action, seen a UFO, seen a little green dude, or whatever DOES NOT MEAN others have not had the experience.

It seems as though some people have to experience such before they believe anything.

I love science as much as the next person!! When do we take the human experience into account when dealing with the paranormal or the like?

Look at the evidence. Sure, some of the evidence is human error, lies, and plain ole goofy while a good majority of evidence also points to something out of this world.

If we didnt have the experience of others to base learning off of, if we were not on a Planet that spins really fast, in a Solar System surrounded by little particles of life, dark matter and the like, I would probably think alien stuff is bs.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Pax et Intellectus

I'm starting to thing aliens are wheat intollerent

I think it's barley.
They object to alcoholic beverages.

edit on 8/24/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Pax et Intellectus

I'm starting to thing aliens are wheat intollerent

I think it's barley.
They object to alcoholic beverages.

edit on 8/24/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

And I was just wondering WHY it is they never come visit me or have anything to do with me. Grrrrr..... It's the Bud Light isn't it!?

You do have all the answers Phage!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Nice catch man! I have seen the same thing numerous times in 2010.

and was stationary for 40 seconds - it did not move.

You see, most people here will just ignore those kinds of details. They will assume you are too dumb to know any better and can't tell what's happening in the sky.

But that just isn't the case. You clarify many details in some of your posts that clearly indicate it's not a plane at sunset. ....but as I said.... most people here are ignorant of those details.

It's not necessarily the individuals fault. It really does help to SEE in order for you to believe. A lot of folks simply haven't seen UAPs or UFOs....owell

Also, no matter how good your camera is, it will NEVER have the same effect as seeing them with your own two eyes.

Now, it would be nice to catch a bunch of them doing some aerial acrobatics on video.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

We have date, time, location what was the direction because I think it was a star, so what direction were you facing?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

They will assume you are too dumb to know any better and can't tell what's happening in the sky.

Intelligence has little to do with it. We are all subject to errors in perception.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Reports of crop formations are (at least) centuries old. One of the earliest accounts attributed it to a "mowing devil".

The scant reports at the time don't elude to it being as elaborate as modern day ones and skeptics are quick to pounce upon it but then again nobody could obtain an aerial POV back then either.

I'm no cereologist and am not particularly interested in the subject of crop circles, but they're amazing pieces of art and some are certainly hoaxed. But all of them? I don't think so. There are stone formations, all over the planet, with similar patterns to modern crop circles and those date back thousands of years. They would only be appreciated or realized when man obtained flight.

Zhang Hui, research fellow at the Xinjiang Museum in Urumqi, put together some compelling evidence of Chinese crop circles being far older than the modern era too. A group of Red Guards in north-east China also saw a crop circle appear in a field but they had to tell the story much later because under Mao's regime any attention given to that which appeared superstitious or paranormal was an illegal offense. It's important to note that they reportedly saw it happen before the 1970s when crop circles exploded in England.
edit on 24-8-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517

You see, most people here will just ignore those kinds of details. They will assume you are too dumb to know any better and can't tell what's happening in the sky.

Please pal, read just a few posts before your own ... There is a logical, EVERYDAY explanation for this occurrence ..

I hate to see you guys get so excited so quickly ... I know it's funner to believe that what you saw was special, but sometimes, MOST TIMES, it just isn't ... Nobody's fault ... Nobody's being mean or pooping on parties ...

It just is....

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

lolzz ........

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Pretty cool video. It appears to be legit and so do the reactions of the people. What the sphere is is another question altogether but the reactions of the folks watching was one of pure wonder!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join