It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway To Open Century Old Package

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
How much longer before it is revealed?
Thanks for the streaming link. Could anyone translate any of this?
edit on 24-8-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
Yes, the Picts seemed to have been a fearsome group. The Confederate "rebel yell" is an adaptation of how the Picts screamed as they went into battle (supposedly), which was picked by their ancestors battling the English.

All armies have a battle cry. There's no 'Pictness' about it about anyone screaming as they went into battle. The Picts probably used it against invading 'Irish' as much as anyone else and then 'Britons' ie. the 'celts' living on the British mainland long before the 'English' arrived.

Never mind though, just continue with your romanticisation of British history where the English are always going to be the 'bad guys'.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

According to Norwegian media the package was sealed and received by Sel County in 1912.

By the way, at least one Norwegian newspaper ran a story a while ago saying that the package in reality would be opened two days before the official covered-by-the-press unsealing, giving enough time to both add and remove content. That story has been pulled* though.

Does anyone know why this has become such an international event?
Has it just gone viral?

*No no, not by controlled demolition. It was taken down by just a plane ...erh .. simple edit.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DupontDeux

I think it's just that everyone loves a mystery.
Why read Agatha Christie when you can watch a real life European mystery from 1912 unfold on the Internet?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The live feed doesn't work for me so keep us posted. I read they are opening it then taking in back looking it over then coming out again to tell us.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I hope it contains an attempt at some prophetic material for the next 100 years in anticipation, so that looking back we can evaluate how accurate it was.. I'll betcha it's got some of that in it, at least that's my prediction.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
So glad I tuned in - LOVE bagpipes. (Hubby's a piper.)

What an awesome cultural celebration that - because of this package- lots of people will be seeing that normally would not.
Love the different tartans.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
they were pushed off the stage because there are other events. can't go over your event's time slot. nothing suspicious there.

as for the person saying something about the kings ribbon being masonic...

really? not a masonic symbol on it, but it's from a king so it must have to do with the masons right?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
They are talking about the package again.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
They are talking about the package again.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Content revealing NOW!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So wtf is it then?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is what i like reading about,the same old terror stories get tiresome,a 100 year old package story is pretty neat & a refreshing change..

Can't wait to s what is in there

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'm with the eager beaver - what's IN IT?!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well that was a long "content revealing"

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It seems like an accounting ledger of a memorial - and a newspaper article showing people were afraid that the funds would be used for something else, or misused. It's probably all a case laid out FOR that.
They are going to put it in a display so people can come see. If it IS a case for misappropriation laid out, someone will spot it better when they have more time to read and examine and think about it.
JMO

link   
There is some accounting information about a monument that they built with money donated by the public. It lists the amounts that they donated and what it was spent on.

Apparently they didn't trust the government to spend the money on what they were supposed to

Things was not so different back then!

link   
Interesting, they didn't bring back out all of the package, but did bring the donation book for the memorial, and the newspaper clippings.

Still don't get why we were led to believe the package was 100 years old, but now turns out to hold stuff from after that time period, most noticibly the newspaper clippings .

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
So did he just want it kept sealed long enough that anyone who would care about the contents would be long dead by now?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I think it would be cool if in the package it said
'you've been pranked'
edit on 24/8/12 by hellzdoms because: Written stuff had to be written

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join