It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway To Open Century Old Package

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I thought the same thing and they were rushed off the stage pretty quickly after.
They even seemed surprised.
Strange.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by DupontDeux

Well, it was a package inside a package. Maybe someone took the liberty to add to it?

Also, the museum guy was in a hurry to cram that letter back in the envelope. If you are going to bother taking it out at all and read it in front of the world - why not read it aloud?
edit on 8/24/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

Yeah, that was pretty interesting, there was no commentary on some of the letter content, despite he scan read it, could of given an overview (even if its in a language I don't understand )

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Man...no alien artifacts...no flash of light and everyone drops to the floor...

I felt like this:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
And what's up with the masonic ribbons and attire?

There even was one from the king...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Something I was thinking about when they came to cutting the string, don't know if it was the light, but shouldn't the string have yellowed more with age ?

Could have been the lighting though .

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
Something I was thinking about when they came to cutting the string, don't know if it was the light, but shouldn't the string have yellowed more with age ?

It could have been replaced, to hold the package tight and intact, but never been opened

link   

Originally posted by xetex
I believe I heard them say that they've received the package in 1927.

That's awkward though.

1) Someone wrote on a piece of paper in 1912, kept it around for 15 years collecting things, and then packaged it up with this 15 year old paper that already said to open in 2012.

2) Someone in 1927 wrote 1912 on the cover and said to open in 2012.

And all discussion prior was unquestioning that it was a 100 year old package... even if it was *received* in 1927 the markings all try to suggest it was packaged in 1912.

Why?

link   
This thread moved so fast, couldn't keep up with it,and so relieved, but now curious. Some message relating to 2012? Interesting.

Norway is my favorite country on this planet, and didn't want to see any crapola come up.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by blamethegreys
Man...no alien artifacts...no flash of light and everyone drops to the floor...

I felt like this:

ha ha ha we have all been RICKROLLED LOL

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

Because someone isn't being entirely honest ?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It was interesting in that it wasn't a local history time capsule, but rather was providing full documentary evidence including all accounts and correspondance for something that wasn't revealed, with the sash of office for local dignataries and the King backing up whatever case was made.
edit on 24-8-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by spire

Originally posted by solargeddon

It could have been replaced, to hold the package tight and intact, but never been opened

True, however, part of the original seal runs through the other side, giving the impression the package was/has been in tact.

Unless, even the seal isn't original to the package ?

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
It was interesting in that it wasn't a local history time capsule, but rather was providing full documentary evidence including all accounts and correspondance for something that wasn't revealed, with the sash of office for local dignataries and the King backing up whatever case was made.
edit on 24-8-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

Agreed. I would assume that even sending a package 100 (ish) years into the future, there would be hell to pay if it was sent with an official "From the King" banner, and it was not in any way condoned by the king.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Lame! Though was odd how they just picked up and left. I never trust a sinclair in the room.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

The yellowing of paper and string, and deterioration of documents is typically the results of acids in the paper, and exposure to the elements that cause that deterioration. The fact that the string was not very yellowed simply shows that it was well protected from those elements. The papers were in great condition too... having not been piled on someone's desk for 100 years...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
They're gonna be revealing details soon now, so keep watching the stream folks!

Stream for people who still wanna watch but forgot the link

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Also, he seemed a little stunned a couple times at what he was reading.

You'd think with the big deal they made of it, he would've at least read a little more to the crowd.

link   

Originally posted by ThurgoodJ
To clear things up, they said in Norwegian that they're not sure whether the package was sealed in 1912 or in the 1920s. Thus the post-1912 newspapers.

yup - the speaker in the beginning said it was received "in the office" in 1927 or 1928, they weren't sure which.

link   
Because # capsule. We're doing time parcels.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IntoxicatingMadness

So we have a package put together in 1912, aliens abducted the man and took him to 1927, then returned to 1912 after his time travel, put together the rest of the package from 1927; and now we get to see??

At least there are aliens, time travel, and everything we were looking for here......Oh there has to be something related to the 2012 predictions, correct??

Seismographs from 1912 show that Yellowstone will erupt in December 2012.......Sweet!!!

Man this had me on the edge of my seat......Even skipped lunch to follow.......Well, off to eat I go........lol

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join