It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway To Open Century Old Package

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The thing that intrigued me the most is the envelope that the lady cried, "Oh, it's a letter!"

The envelope was very white. The paper that came out of it was very white. The ink was nice and black and crisp.

The gentleman that opened the letter took a quick read and had a look of interest or concern on his face. He folded that particular letter up pretty quickly and stuffed it back into the envelope.

I wouldn't have considered that too awfully important except the envelope and the letter paper were both very white; whiter than all the rest of the documents - and the ink was very crisp.

Maybe that particular letter was from the king and was made of particularly good paper?

But then what was the hurry with folding that letter up? I think he might have read how there is something very important in the package or the letter tells a certain secret that would be considered a revelation in this year.

But I have a hard time believing that a wise people from the World War I era would say that what they put into this time capsule would be beneficial to the future people without meaning it. I am sure they were wise enough to discern that technology was already increasing at a rapid pace at the time - and with all the strife on the horizon...

I think there is most certainly important information within those documents. I think that there is a reason why we were supposed to witness this particular event as opposed to all the other time capsule events there are in the world.

As well, is there anyone who is well versed in interpretive dance? I am curious what message the dancer might have been sending. My wife is a dancer and she said that the dance moves that the dancer was doing were... very different and some of them lasted for a prolonged period of time that didn't seem to fit or even seem "talented" so to speak. But she also said that the dancer did show excellent technique in some areas, too. So, therefore, I believe that there might be importance to the various odd portions of the dance.

And they gave such little time for the bagpiper. It was sounding so good and then it just ended. So sad.

I think that's all I have at this particular moment.

OH no, wait. There was a poster here earlier in this thread that stated that this was a nice welcome break from the other event occurring in Norway. Are you referring to the bomber or to another event? I am curious...

Because something did occur to me: that it might be so that there was yet another special event taking place somewhere else and this particular revealing was designed to draw the attention of the people while something else took place.

But then again I might possibly have a "beautiful mind".

Now that's all I have at this particular moment.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by II HAL II
It would be funny if it was-
i. Dated incorrectly and should have said 1912
ii. A mix up with his envelops and only realising after receiving a letter from the tax office back in September 1912 requesting his late tax returns and why have they been sent newspaper clippings/letters instead.
iii. Containing another envelop saying "Don't open until 2112"

It would be scary if it was-
i. An alarm clock that started to count down
ii. Some white powder
iii. A print out of the entire ATS thread - Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

It would be freaky if it was-
i. An iphone
ii. Photos from Mars
iii. Ticket stubs from a Madonna concert

It would be likely (IMO) if it was-
i. Something regarding the Olympics
ii. Letters & news clippings of that time
iii. His memoirs

Great thread btw...

One word... Boom!

hee hee

edit on 24-8-2012 by II HAL II because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
So we won't know JACK TIL FRIDAY! Figures!

Next Friday?? Today?? Later today??

The museum workers are expected to give a full resume of the contents later on Friday.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 24-8-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

The front of it read the content was something for the future, so does this mean the monument wasn't built, and they thought it would be more likely to be built today ?

Thats what it "sounds like". Can't really be sure as that is all the info they gave. But my take on that was, since there wasn't enough interest then, maybe if he sealed it for future generations...

Day of the internet. Wonder what he thinks that millions may read his plea for a memorial? This traffic on his cause will remain on servers for... that is a kind of memorial now isn't it?

So I got to wondering what the memorial was to be about...

Norway victory of 1612

Having been warned of the incursion, and probably inflamed by a massacre of Norwegian conscripts at Nya Lödöse and the events of Mönnichhoven’s march (Mönnichhoven-marsjen) earlier in July, the farmers and peasants of the Vågå, Lesja, Dovre, Fron, and Ringebu mobilized to meet the enemy. Legend has it that the sheriff of the area, Lars Gunnarson Hågå (b. approx. 1570, d. approx. 1650), came into the church in Dovre with a battle axe, struck it on the floor and shouted "Let it be known - the enemy has come to our land!" (Gjev ljod - fienden har kome til landet!).

---

There are few entirely credible accounts of the battle, but the oral history has two Norwegians on horseback following the Scottish troops, possibly on the other side of the valley. One was a woman by the name of Guri, known as Prillar-Guri to posterity; the other was an unnamed man. The man rode his horse facing backward, providing a distraction for the marching troops. When the Scots reached the narrowest section of the valley - Kringen - Guri blew her horn, signaling the ambush.

According to folklore, the Norwegian troops let loose logs and rocks down the valley, crushing the marching soldiers, but this is not confirmed. It is known, however, that they shot at the soldiers with crossbows and muskets.

----

Close combat ensued, the militiamen fighting with axes, scythes, and presumably other improvised weapons. Most of the Scots were killed during the battle. Some may have escaped, but others were captured. All but 14 were summarily executed at Kvam in what is now Nord-Fron, the survivors then sent to Christiania for imprisonment.

Sounds like a gut wrenching time was had by all those involved.

edit on 24-8-2012 by intrptr because: link and story

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

the "hurry" has to do with the venue. this package was opened during an event that had other things going on, on a schedule. they had a limited amount of time to open the package, before other events had to go. assuredly there will be interesting things inside the package that we only got a glimpse of, however the amount of time given for the opening is not a conspiracy, it's not "fishy" etc. ad infinitum. give them some time to thoroughly look over the items in the package.

simply put, there wasn't enough time during this event for the package to be opened and all items inside thoroughly checked out on camera. nothing weird about it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Why not any other year then 2012....

Man probably knew something that would be beneficial to Norway and Humanity if it was opened now and not a day before.

Can't wait to see what it is though. Regardless I think it's pretty cool that it survived.

old looking packages look so cool.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85

Why not any other year then 2012....

Because it was 100 years later.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Once again ATS was predicting lost gems, secret prophecies, end of the world warnings etc. And once again it falls flat. Im a little mad at myself for allowing some "hope &anticipation" to creep into my psyche over this after so many previous dissapointments.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I hope it will be posted here tomorrow,

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
They should leave something for the people of 2112, this has me kind of wanting to throw some stuff in a time capsule, like an old cell phone or something.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Couldn't they get a CT Scan of the object beforehand..

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

It looks like the package had been opened at some point and re-sealed. So someone knows what's in there.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Obviously it's a bag filled with Anthrax. lol!

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Booda2012
Once again ATS was predicting lost gems, secret prophecies, end of the world warnings etc. And once again it falls flat. Im a little mad at myself for allowing some "hope &anticipation" to creep into my psyche over this after so many previous dissapointments.

I wouldn't say it has been entriely dissapointing, to the people of the region it means a lot, to the people of ATS, there is scope for a thousand threads, and counter threads, over whether the package was put together at different time periods, or was it all packaged in 1912 ????

Still means a lot to the locals

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Couldn't they get a CT Scan of the object beforehand..

Now where would be the fun in that

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConclusion

Originally posted by xetex
I believe I heard them say that they've received the package in 1927.

That's awkward though.

1) Someone wrote on a piece of paper in 1912, kept it around for 15 years collecting things, and then packaged it up with this 15 year old paper that already said to open in 2012.

2) Someone in 1927 wrote 1912 on the cover and said to open in 2012.

And all discussion prior was unquestioning that it was a 100 year old package... even if it was *received* in 1927 the markings all try to suggest it was packaged in 1912.

Why?

im guessing something was either added or taken out of the original package in 1927

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Booda2012

ATS never predicted anything. I saw a few members post speculation on what it MAY contain. nothing else...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Booda2012

Here here lol

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
My guess is there will stuff 100 years old inside

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join