Norway To Open Century Old Package

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
So after all the anticipation, there is frig all of interest in there? Boooo.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The nearly 7-pound, 16-inch-long package

That's a big package!

Could be a time capsule, I'm guessing. Or maybe it's the Garden of Eden Creation Kit (GECK) to be opened just in time! Or a Mayan artifact!

Intriguing story. But the worst part of it is tha Yahoo probably won't have a follow up story tomorrow, and we'll never know what was in that package...
edit on 24-8-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Another anti-climactic ending.

I wonder if this envelope ACTUALLY contains anything that will benefit the town at all? Like in reality. Not in some general amusement in some museum help. If not, a pox on that stupid dead mayor.

Let this be a lesson for anyone thinking of creating a time-capsule these days. These things are generally uninteresting events after the fact. I say we should be filling any time capsules with awesome things, treasures, and fun stuff for the future recipients. Not ledgers, and newspaper clippings.

Bah.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

What if it's the dead mayors pox on the town

A dirty old hospital blanket.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
maybe its a iphone

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Proof of aliens...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

From A Christmas Story AKA "you'll shoot your eye out"? Love it

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I must admit. I didn't expect a world changing evet here like some posters. However, It would have been pretty cool to have seen something to change the history books. (even if only a little.)
FTP (first time poster)
edit on 24-8-2012 by Equarda because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I can not read the whole thread now , however, and I am sure that its said before but the package contains something either from or to a lost love of some kind , like a shirt or cloth of some kind, perhaps.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
let this be a prelude to the disappointment of what most of the clowns think that 2012 is going to be lol.

You people live in a fantasy world if you think such items of power and information would just be left hanging about.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It's been opened they found some old papers after all...

Inside the package? Surprise! Another package! Inside that, much to my dismay, was not an increasingly small series of packages leading to a pea. Instead, the interior package contained a number of fabrics in the color of Norway’s flag – “from the King,” said one of the package openers. Under the fabric the curators found notebooks, newspapers, a letter, a small drawing, some community council papers and other bits of paper. Among the newspapers were clippings from 1914 and 1919, suggesting that perhaps the package had been added to after it was originally assembled in 1912. Still, the curators confirmed that the package contents were indeed from the first two decades of the twentieth century.
the package contents seem to be primarily concerned with the construction of a monument to celebrate the victory in 1612. The notebooks and newspapers contain ledgers and accounts of donations given to fund the memorial.

Link

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I bet it's Madonna's broken hip and various other body parts before she had them all replaced with Kevlar plastic resins.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
it's obamas birth certificate

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbread

Why not read the thread there are translations of what is in the letters.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Let's see there were papers from 1919 and the package was supposed to have been wrapped in 1912.

It could mean someone opened the package and just stuck some papers in or

- the good stuff was taken out in 1919 and they just used current newspapers so the package would have the same thickness.

- the package was supposed to be proof of time travel. They shoved a 1919 paper to prove someone came from the past.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Bows and wanders off mumbling something about silly time travelling ship captains.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It contains pictures of the mayor and his secret extraterrestrial friends.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
OK , here is a link to the opening of the package itself

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

In viewing the video I saw today from Huffington Post about the 100 year old package from Norway, it seems that the King wanted some things preserved in his honour. What a nice gesture of him to do for his country.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Told ya all it was relics and papers. Ha!

new topics
top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join