It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway To Open Century Old Package

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+64 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

A curious 100-year-old package will be opened at noon tomorrow in Norway, and it's got folks on reddit in guessing-game mode. The nearly 7-pound, 16-inch-long package was bestowed on the town of Sel in 1912 by then mayor Johan Nygaard with strict instructions to open it in 2012. It's survived two world wars and was nearly put out with the trash twice. Predictions about its contents range from the fictional Blue Star diamond featured in "Titanic" to valuable oil-share certificates.

Source

So how about it, what do you think is in the package? I think it's simply a time capsul full of different items from
100 years ago.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
How cool is that?
I would love to be there!

I'm guessing your right, newspaper articles, things like that.
It seems pretty wide though....

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
oooo you have me intruiged now...

I like little mysteries like this and the fact that the package has been on a 100 year "journey" through time with all the people that have seen it and thought the same

t

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I can't wait to see what's inside. This is the first I'm hearing about this mysterious package. I wonder.. what if it's just some useless scarf? It will just go to show that mystery "hypes" up the sense that it may be something incredible.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

For some reason I can't link onto where the live streaming will be.....However, I find that it could contain secret recipes sort of like what was found in the Armour of the Soup Nazi....hmmmmm

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Some of the comments are pretty funny, for example:

My grannies lost underwear. She had an affair with the King of Norway and left her panties behind. Bad habbits are hard to break. So much for the post office. How embarrassing .. her 'unmentionables" are now going to be the most mentioned!

now.msn.com...

Thanks for the thread, I guess we find out tomorrow!

edit on 23-8-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I reckon it's his dirty laundry.. couldn't be bothered to wash it so hoped there would be a machine to do such a job one day..

It's gotta be a prank made by him to get the last laugh.
Can't think why anyone would want to leave something serious for people to open 100 years later..

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
When will they open it?
Today,weeks.months ??

Could be some top secret stuff there.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ZerkerVirus

Tomorrow... I believe the story said.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
these turn up every so often and are usually uneventful.

however the fact the mayor 'bestowed' this on the people of the village may be a suggestion that there is some financial benefit within this parcel.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The town Mayor? 100 years old? Don't open no matter what?

Gosh... I hope it's not a Tax Bill he wanted to hide with 100yrs of interest and penalties.

Seriously, great find! I look forward to hearing the results of this and what had made for a century of mystery!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
the package holds history of the immortal "technoviking" and his people

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hope Diamond from Titanic that sank in 1912.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
It's gotta be a prank made by him to get the last laugh.
Can't think why anyone would want to leave something serious for people to open 100 years later..

This is ATS and you can't even think of a reason?

It's 2012.... 2012 man!!

Maybe it's something to the effect of the lists and notes from that girl in the movie "Knowing".

Open it tomorrow and it will be 111 days until Dec 21st 2012. 111 Days... Man-o-man...

Seriously though, what could it be. I for one will be shocked no matter what it is, the post office here tends to lose things from the post office to my front door, so this is amazing.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
why is it that i expect a troll face imprinted on a lump of clay ?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be cool if it was a secret treasure map? Maybe they will use it to dig up a huge stash of gold- enough for every citizen to live comfortably for the rest of their lives!

That would be awesome!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Oh wow!

This has my perked my interest.
I love the time period it's from and who knows what it could be.

I'm going with deeds or important papers of some kind.

Thanks for sharing this

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Cool. I just hope, whatever it is, it's not contagious.
Or that is doesn't have anything to do with December 21, 2012.

edit on 8/23/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think it will be something that he wrote, what he imagines the future will be,and how it was in his time.
Edit:Also - for the attentions of ATS - seals appear allready opened. Shouldn't the rope go through them?
edit on 23-8-2012 by ZeroKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Wow - this could be pretty cool. Even if it's "just" a time capsule it could still be kinda interesting...unless it's just a diary containing his final confessional. I can see it now - "I had affairs with farmer Olaf's wife and deputy mayor Sven's daughter, I stole a quart of milk from the Johannsson General Store and on several occasions I touched myself in an immoral manner"...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join