It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway To Open Century Old Package

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It's been opened!! Look at the seal.

I dont think anyone in power would let that be opened in public without knowing whats in it.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Quite an interesting story. Lets hope for something shocking that noone expects

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

I dont think anyone in power would let that be opened in public without knowing whats in it.

I see no reason to think that. Time capsules, for example, are opened all the time and we don't know what is in them until we open them up.

This is like a time capsule that was not buried. 100 years ago a mayor put something in a package and said not to open it from 100 years...

I see no reason to suspect something sinister.....Sometimes, things really are just as they seem, I think this is one of those times...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Some time travler left it.
this will save us all !

I bet its silly rubbish.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There's just no way that with all the examples of mankind interacting with this over the past 100 years that this hasn't been opened yet.

If it was in the US, Homeland Security would need to examine the contents in advance. Then we would wait a few years to learn of the real contents. Then it would start to be apparent that there is missing or altered information. Then we start to see 1,000 blogs about the truth. I would be called a "Package Truther" or something.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

I see no reason to think that. Time capsules, for example, are opened all the time and we don't know what is in them until we open them up.

This is like a time capsule that was not buried. 100 years ago a mayor put something in a package and said not to open it from 100 years...

I see no reason to suspect something sinister.....Sometimes, things really are just as they seem, I think this is one of those times...

That would be a cool movie. If some nut built a dooms day device and put in a time capsule in a park to be opened in 100 years.

Panic stricken agents running around trying to find the right time capsule in time before some librarian opens it, all based off of their psychic detective's vision of the impending doom as seen through the eyes of the nut from 100 years ago. or something

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

I really hope its all genuine but you can see in the pic the seal has been broken. Also it could contain absolutely anything thats why I beleive its already been checked out.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The live stream site is a bit confusing. It says 09:00 but 17 hrs from now would put it at 9PM local time in Norway

Livesendingen starter om omtrent 17 timer. (09:00)

= Live broadcast starts in about 17 hours. (09:00)

Live Stream

That would put it at noon tomorrow US-Pacific

(someone please correct me if I am mistaken)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

The seal might be broken due to 100 year-old wax that got bumped around.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
In for updates tomorrow.

I'll keep a close eye on this one. Thanks op.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Johan was probably player back in the day. I bet it's all kinds of undergarments from all the different women he slept with.

Johan, you pimp you!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

It's been opened!! Look at the seal.

well one seal is broken, the other looks intact.

but i'm sure they've ex-rayed it and whatnot

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It's a message for Marty McFly from the Professor.

Marty needs to bring some plutonium back to 1912, so when the future Professor returns he won't be stranded... but obviously it doesn't work, since the message wouldn't be written if the Professor finds the plutonium... unless this is the first time Marty will see the message....

Or...

since this is ATS, we must assume the contents of the package is alien/2012 Armageddon related!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
A smaller envelope with the message 'open in 3012'

That's my bet/.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I bet it is full of expectations of how 2012 would be such a better time then when he was alive.
Something about how their technology had advanced so much in his lifetime and how our reality today was unimaginable to him.

Ask yourself what would you put in a package today to be opened in 2013?

Maybe it is a copy of satan's plan to form one world government.

It would be freaking great if it was a game changer!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
I bet it is full of expectations of how 2012 would be such a better time then when he was alive.
Something about how their technology had advanced so much in his lifetime and how our reality today was unimaginable to him.

Ask yourself what would you put in a package today to be opened in 2013?

Maybe it is a copy of satan's plan to form one world government.

It would be freaking great if it was a game changer!

2013? I have packets of crisps(chips) i could save i suppose....

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
i bet its an ipad3

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I think there's another package inside that says "Don't open THIS package for another hundred years"

Possibly the first truly epic troll?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Click here to see how the opening of the time capsule may play out

Still wondering what it might be, it's like having a terrible song stuck in my head and I can't quit singing the chorus all day...

It does seem that 1 of the wax seals has been broken, but, from my display, the other wax seal seems intact. Must be good wax, I would have thought it to lose all moisture over a century and flake off, nearly on it's own. Then again, I am no wax whiz.

It must have been in a place where it could easily be accessed, since it was almost discarded as garbage a couple times.

Also, it seems there would be little to no general wear or wrinkling of the envelope if it were truly secured properly, like in a safe. It does have more wear and wrinkling on the surface of the envelope and especially on the edges.

Once again, I am no expert on anything I just mentioned, I just hope no one became dumber as a result of reading my posts...

Is it me or does it seem like people from centuries ago had the best handwriting skills ever, especially when compared to modern handwriting?

Most modern versions of cursive writing are bad jokes compared to the handwriting seen from those of times past. It just seems like the average person's handwriting back then makes today's average handwriting look like it was written while operating a jaq hammer.... or just maybe they were actually taught something in school back then.

edit on 23-8-2012 by esteay812 because: insert time capsule video link

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Probably a 100 year old compacted turd with a note saying "I made this myself"
or
Maybe something that is better with age like a now 100 year old bottle of Norwegian Whiskey.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join