It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders release of detained Marine veteran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Judge orders release of detained Marine veteran

wtvr.com

CBS 6 News’ Catie Beck says the judge ruled Thursday that Brandon Raub should be released because the original petition contained no facts. In other words, there was no information on why Raub was being held — and the judge his detention violated his civil liberties.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
HooRay! Justice still exists in America. This is great news and its hoped we can all get his side of the story soon!

The controversial detention of Brandon Raub has gone viral over the internet and has attracted support from groups and organizations such as Rutherford Institute and The Oathkeepers.

Lets all celibrate his release as a step in the right direction for civil rights!

wtvr.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Certainly will post further commentary as its available, off to doctors appointment for awhile, anyone having further info please post asap!

Phoenix

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This is good news! Plus it points out the corruption of the feds to just simply go into his house and arrest him over dissident facebook blurbs. If the world now knows that the guy did nothing wrong and that the feds just arrested him gestapo style it paints america in a very bad light. That right there will be seen as evidence to other nations that in america something has gone very wrong.

But I'm glad he gets to go home now and is released. It does prove that some of the judges are still aware of what it means to be american in america and what the constitution actually means. Glad some judges still keep their oaths to the people.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

BASSPLYR,

He should be out sometime this afternoon according to this snippet,

Beck said the judge is in the process of writing an order for Raub’s release. He is expected to be released from a the hospital in Salem, Virginia Thursday afternoon.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

Lets all celibrate his release as a step in the right direction for civil rights!

I agree this is good news, OP. Thanks for sharing.

However, THIS IS NOT a step in the right direction for civil rights. If a thing such as civil rights existed in this country, he would have never been detained to begin with.

We have been stripped of our most basic rights.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Now let's see if the government will release him. It looks pretty clear this point his detention must have been made under the NDAA. So far the Justice Department has not played ball with the courts with respect to the NDAA.

I should note that on this subject, I expect all of us here on ATS -- Progressive, Moderate or Conservative -- and likely most of America are in agreement that the NDAA is a real abomination vis a vis the Constitution.
edit on 23-8-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

freakjive, agree with your point, but yes its right direction in this case. Looking like TPTB got to much attention and it points to a need for vigilance on the peoples part - hopefully an unintended consequence of the governments action on this case.

I found it astounding that the Judge ruled there was absolutely no facts stated on their warrant - that is scary!
Basically it appears they just went and rousted the guy because they could.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
FLASH:..... Judge detained for referencing the constitution and giving a man his liberty’s back

you know its coming........

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I hope the phyc ward hasn't pumped a bunch of brain wrecking chems into him yet.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

OUTF--KINGSTANDING America! Common sense seems to win the day finally!

Second.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Too much public attention for this one??? His mother said in an interveiw that she heard of others being detained as well. Brandon Raub's Mother Claims She Spoke To Other Mothers And More Are Being Detained!,
Lets keep the heat on them.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So has he been released? I heard he has pretty much disappeared.

They will use the excuse that he is a mental patient to keep him behind bars.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
That's awesome news!
I just hope that the people learning of the mental health detention and the injustices that can happen to anyone at anytime doesn't end here.
There needs to be changes to the current system.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

reply to post by freakjive

freakjive, agree with your point, but yes its right direction in this case. Looking like TPTB got to much attention and it points to a need for vigilance on the peoples part - hopefully an unintended consequence of the governments action on this case.

I found it astounding that the Judge ruled there was absolutely no facts stated on their warrant - that is scary!
Basically it appears they just went and rousted the guy because they could.

That wasn't meant to be a stab at you personally. Sorry if it came across that way.

I agree that at least the judge should be propped up in this case for standing with the people. He did his job well!

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If i am not mistaken. Didnt i read some where that, according to state law, he could be detained in the Asylum for up to 30 days without reason?

I am not sure how the judge could order his release when he can be held for 30 days without reason.

edit on 23-8-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
I hope the phyc ward hasn't pumped a bunch of brain wrecking chems into him yet.

There is no doubt that he has been medicated.
I would bet everything i have that they prescribed him meds.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

HooRay! Justice still exists in America. This is great news and its hoped we can all get his side of the story soon!

I'm glad he is out, but justice won't be done until those that ordered and carried his detainment are behind bars.
This could happen to any of us.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
If i am not mistaken. Didnt i read some where that, according to state law, he could be detained in the Asylum for up to 30 days without reason?

I am not sure how the judge could order his release when he can be held for 30 days without reason.

edit on 23-8-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

That's just proof that a judge put him in there in the first place.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I have a feeling that this was just a dry run to see what the reaction would be and to identify those individuals and groups who would be most vocal. I fear our days of relative freedom and liberty are numbered.
There is an ill wind a blowing, my friends.
edit on 8/23/2012 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join