It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders release of detained Marine veteran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
WTVR, confirms Brandon Raubs release and reports he is on way home.

WTVR

UPDATE: Brandon Raub released, on his way home

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
WTVR, confirms Brandon Raubs release and reports he is on way home.

WTVR

UPDATE: Brandon Raub released, on his way home

Alright! This is the news I've been waiting for...TY for posting update.....

Des

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Good OH!
Now sue the barstids for unlawful confinement etc...make em pay enough to keep the constitution in their tiny heads.....and read it occaisionally.......

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Interesting comment from the reporter who says he will be released.

7 Aug CBS 6 WTVR Richmond ‏@CBS6
Alleged temple shooter attended - and performed - at white supremacist event in Chesterfield. @CatieBeck6 reports ow.ly... #rva

Retweeted by Catie Beck
Expand Collapse Reply RetweetedRetweet
Delete
FavoritedFavorite

wtvr.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
I hope the phyc ward hasn't pumped a bunch of brain wrecking chems into him yet.

They have probably programmed him to be the next serial killer. But I hope otherwise.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
I hope the phyc ward hasn't pumped a bunch of brain wrecking chems into him yet.

They have probably programmed him to be the next serial killer. But I hope otherwise.

Felt so nice, it posted twice.
edit on 8-23-2012 by groingrinder because: Edited for genuine cajun flavor.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

g,day. ABOUT BLOODY TIME.. i do pray that he is .roger. and that they were unable to break him or junk his brain box. GODS SPEED MARINE. form an old DIGGER.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This is good news! However I am cautious till we get confirmation that he has actually been released. judgments can take time before they are posted unlike motions. I could be wrong but this case was supposedly dismissed so there will be no more filings and there is no judgement. The release order may not get posted it will just go to the Hospital to spring him.

He should get a copy of the dismissal as the ATF will deny him buying a gone due to being committed for a mental evaluation.
edit on 23-8-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I can't wait to watch/hear an interview with him. So, no pics available of a happy, chllin' at home Mr. Raub yet......

Hope the news reports were true.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
This is good news! However I am cautious till we get confirmation that he has actually been released. judgments can take time before they are posted unlike motions. I could be wrong but this case was supposedly dismissed so there will be no more filings and there is no judgement. The release order may not get posted it will just go to the Hospital to spring him.

He should get a copy of the dismissal as the ATF will deny him buying a gone due to being committed for a mental evaluation.

It appears his release has happened, sure would love to hear Brandons take on all of this happening and I wholeheartedly agree that his second amendment rights should be restored if they have been compromised.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
wasdmz2.courts.state.va.us...

Case Number: CL12000380-00

Filed Type Party Judge Book Page Remarks
08/23/12 Gd Paperwork DEF GDC PAPERWORK
08/23/12 Memorandum DEF ATTORNEY LETTER
08/23/12 Motion DEF MOT TO SUSPEND OR MODIFY
08/23/12 Notice Of Hearing DEF NOTICE OF HEARING

It seems they gave a notice of hearing for the future?
edit on 23-8-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I would say its still up in the air. The computers are up to date.

CaseNumber Defendant Name Date Time Hearing Type Result
CL08000573-00 SIDATT, DELOYCE ELISE 08/23/2012 9:00AM Jury Trial Resolved Order Pending
CL12000380-00 RAUB, BRANDON J 08/23/2012 11:30AM Commitment Appeal

The other case was listed as resolved against another person? His still has no results?

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
wasdmz2.courts.state.va.us...

Case Number: CL12000380-00

Filed Type Party Judge Book Page Remarks
08/23/12 Gd Paperwork DEF GDC PAPERWORK
08/23/12 Memorandum DEF ATTORNEY LETTER
08/23/12 Motion DEF MOT TO SUSPEND OR MODIFY
08/23/12 Notice Of Hearing DEF NOTICE OF HEARING

It seems the gave a notice of hearing for the future?

All of this could have happened before the case was dismissed the last motion was to suspend or modify the order and a notice of hearing So perhaps after a recess they had that hearing and that is where the judge dismissed hence that was the last filing. Again I could be wrong I am just speculating and hoping for the best here.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

If a thing such as civil rights existed in this country, he would have never been detained to begin with.

That's precisely what I think too. It's not like this ruling will stop this type of thing from happening again. They will still target people for ridiculous reasons and send them mental homes... and more often than not we wont hear a word about it, and there wont be the necessary publicity to pressure the Government into releasing those people. The main reason so many people took notice of this case is because he was a retired marine. They still did what they set out to do though... they sent him away to live in a mental home for more than a week whilst most likely pumped full of drugs and treated like an idiot. That's mission achieved for them... they've shown him what they can do and they've shown all other people like him what they can do if you dare to step out of line and question the status quo. They'll do it again when ever they want. A step in the right direction would be establishing stricter rules which remove this sort of unnecessary power from the Government and it's police officers.

I am glad to hear he is released though, that is good news. I hope he didn't suffer too much mental or physical damage.
edit on 23/8/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix

Originally posted by hawkiye

It appears his release has happened, sure would love to hear Brandons take on all of this happening and I wholeheartedly agree that his second amendment rights should be restored if they have been compromised.

Where how? All I got from the articles was they "presume" he would be released. Need confirmation he actually was released....

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

GDC paper work. General district court paper work. Case files given.
The attorney gave his letter.
The judge entered a motion to modify or suspend.
The judge gave a hearing notice for another day.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

So basically I have to ask the funny - is the media, specifically the local station cited lying about his release? is that what you're saying. The written reports by media have said decision was made around noon today, I see time tag of 11:30 on court docket.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

Reporters are not allowed into the court room on a mental health case. She was going by what someone else said about the case. I say bad reporting. She probly did not veriify what had happened and took someones word for it.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I also wonder what the judge ment by he seemed "agisted and distracted".

Does that mean he thinks Brandon Raub is leading the cattle to the food? Agisted leading the sheep? Strange word he used. Would that mean he is a instigator?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join