It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Syrian rebels try to use prisoner for suicide bombing" video removed by BBC and NYT

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
People should watch/share this.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueDawn

Still its a war crime.
How you treat your enemy says a lot about you. War is not a nice thing but i think you should never lose "human" side of yourself.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

Most important thing about this video is the reaction of two civilians. Instantly going to help fallen soldier. It tells something important about Syrian army relationship with civilians.ac

edit on 23-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Yes! Thanks for posting this up. I watched it, slack-jawed yesterday: a BBC report, actually saying something negative about the 'rebels'. Amazing.
However, (surprise, surprise) I found it had disappeared when I tried to locate it again. I guess someone at the BBC wasn't that fond of his job...

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BigfootsCobbler

Originally posted by BigfootsCobbler
Yes! Thanks for posting this up. I watched it, slack-jawed yesterday: a BBC report, actually saying something negative about the 'rebels'. Amazing.
However, (surprise, surprise) I found it had disappeared when I tried to locate it again. I guess someone at the BBC wasn't that fond of his job...

I think it has just got the stage where MSN has become so cynical they forget to disguise it in the spin. These outfits are fully aware of the role they are playing in support of an invasion of Syria, regime change, preparing for the bigger move against Iran. They don't honestly believe in the noble resistance story they have been selling us. I wager the BBC kind of impressed a mostly ragtag bunch of jihad fascists like the FSA could have the smarts to turn one of the government's own into a sucide bomber against his own side.

OP, this is a good thread on an issue in need of illumination. Well done. I give you a flag.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I have emailed the BBC, asking what happened to the video.

I will post their response.

QV.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by qvision

Good job!
I hope they will reply but i doubt it. This is probably sensitive subject for them to talk about.

Thanks everyone for your input.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
These Muslims are all cut from the same barbarous cloth. They'd strap TNT to their mothers if they thought it would further their chosen delusion.

Kill 'em all and let their god(s) sort them out. Leave Earth to those who live on it.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

wow,just..wow

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
It amazes me how increasingly worse this will look for the US.

Syrian rebels committing executions and now utilizing prisoners as suicide bombers. This is getting sick. Would not be surprised if the US starts backing away from its "commitment" to the rebels.

From the video

"We are all going to Martyrs’ eventually"

Did not know the US was in the habit of using martyrs for its causes.

My opinion has definately changed since the beginning of the conflict.
edit on 23-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

You can say what you want, but the rebels clearly stated before they wanted help, and they'd take it from wherever they could get. The LACK of support by the west has allowed ALQ and others to come in riding on a white horse.

These tactics are what the rebels have been told MUST be used to win... and to the rebels, nobody is offering alternatives.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Youve got it bass ackwards

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
the Mossad guide to being a douche.

I just called my local bookstore, and they sadly do not have this in stock.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Who are the rebels? I mean, really?
Swathes of fighters have found and crept their way into the country!
Is Assad a good guy? No, far from it.
Are the 'rebels' good guys? No, far from it.
CIA, Wahaabist militants from Libya, Algeria, Bahrain onwards are letting blood flow of innocent civilians that they have no cares or qualms about.
Collateral damage. User friendly.
I repeat, Assad is an awful man.
The 'rebel/freedom fighters' of Syria are awful people.
How many of them are Syrian?
This stinks of an aggravated outside insurgent gameplan.
Lots and lots and lots of civilians will die.
This is about balance of power, and I don't think the rebels are native Syrians.

To repeat once more: Assad - Bad.
Rebels - Bad.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

I agree completely

And to add the rebels, local militias and Al-qaeda are being armed,supported and funded by western nations to topple the Syrian govt,this unfortunately is what makes one bad worse..

edit on 24-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by gncnew

Youve got it bass ackwards

No, I've got news reports and interviews showing this, you've got conspiracy theories that the "west" is running rebels with terrorists...

Logic check: If the United States wanted to run a coup - which they've done in the past - why would they use the ONE AND ONLY force (terror groups like ALQ) that would completely discredit the entire movement?

Why not run it like the attempted Iranian coup? Why not the Columbian Coups? What purpose would it POSSIBLY serve to pay ALQ to come in to that nation?

Reality: The US and it's allies are fighting a new age "cold war" with China and a re-emergent Russia. Syria is the "pre-flight" for Iran.

But, the US isn't willing to flat out commit to this strategy yet, thus, they're "funding" the rebels but won't "support" the rebels (a la the Iraq/Iran war many years ago).

Why? Well, that's the conspiracy. Maybe they dont want Russia to go "all-in". Maybe Obama knows it's a death blow to his party, Maybe he doesn't know what to do?

I dont care, but let's get the discussion on the REAL right track instead of our self-serving conspiracy masturbation that's going on here.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

It is what it is..
www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...
www.globalresearch.ca...
www.telegraph.co.uk...
www.businessinsider.com...
www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

3. Slaughtering TENS of thousands innocent unarmed men, women and children does not make Assad a beast? Shall we wait till he slaughters tens of thousands more or how many more syrians need to die for you to accept the fact that Assad is wild rampaging beast today? Quit the backpeddling.t

Do you have any proof of these accusations? I think you are grossly exaggerating.

posted on Aug, 24 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
More proof that the USA/UK/Israel/Arab states backing terrorism when it is on their side.

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
The Rebels should be aware that this is not the way to treat prisoners..This could jeopardize the whole aid. If they are smart they put them in jail for later cause , like at the end to put on trail for confessions against Assad.

I know its hard to keep murderers alive if they killed allot of the rebel forces families. But in this kind of situations you have to keep your head clear. Afterwards if this war ends the really guilty ones will be sentenced by their own people. and justice will prevail .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join