It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan and Todd Akin co-sponsored 8 anti-abortion bills in 112th Congress

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Go ahead.

Use your rights to deny the rights of others that you feel are beneath you. Many others will join you so you won't feel alone.

You can deny rights as a group!

So tell me what "rights" i am denying the clump of cells. Come on, go ahead. I'm WAIIIIIIIIITING.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Go ahead.

Use your rights to deny the rights of others that you feel are beneath you. Many others will join you so you won't feel alone.

So tell me what "rights" i am denying the clump of cells. Come on, go ahead. I'm WAIIIIIIIIITING.

You're denying the right to life of a pre-born human being.

You should feel so poud!

You now belong to a varied group of people who have denied rights to others.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Since racists don't acknowledge the rights of other races, instead of pro-abortionists, how about we call you all "birthists".

And thus, beezzer coins a new word.

(Someone call Webster's)
edit on 22-8-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

oh goody, now we get the shock tactics. Nobody here is advocating late term abortion. Nice try though.

That's not a late term preganancy. That's a baby at 6 months in the womb. 24 weeks. Nice try though.
And yes, all those in favor of abortion on demand are in favor of late term abortions. The two go togther. Nice try though.

This isn't a clump of cells .
This is a preborn human ... she sucks her thumb, she plays with her toes, she opens and closes her eyes... and the biggie ... she feels pain. She feels the pain of being burned to death or dismembered in the womb ...

But let's check out some more photos of these supposed 'clump of cells' shall we?

baby in womb at 2 months - the legs and feet ... not just a 'clump of cells' .. not a 'late term baby'.

legs and feet of baby at 3 months in the womb not just a 'clump of cells' .. not a 'late term baby'.

At three months the baby is fully formed. The organs are there. The brain is functioning. The child is just gaining weight and maturing and 'finishing cooking' as they say. This is NOT a 'clump of cells'. This is a fully formed human.

edit on 8/22/2012 by FlyersFan because: spelling

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Go ahead.

You should feel so poud!

Again, you are making things up. Clumps of cells have no rights, even when you use rhetoric like "unborn child".

The only one trying to deny rights is you.....you wish to deny the rights of the woman.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

oh goody, now we get the shock tactics. Nobody here is advocating late term abortion. Nice try though.

That's not a late term preganancy. That's a baby at 6 months in the womb. 24 weeks. Nice try though.
And yes, all those in favor of abortion on demand are in favor of late term abortions. The two go togther. Nice try though.

This isn't a clump of cells .
This is a preborn human ... she sucks her thumb, she plays with her toes, she opens and closes her eyes... and the biggie ... she feels pain. She feels the pain of being burned to death or dismembered in the womb ...

But let's check out some more photos of these supposed 'clump of cells' shall we?

baby in womb at 2 months - the legs and feet ... not just a 'clump of cells' .. not a 'late term baby'.

legs and feet of baby at 3 months in the womb not just a 'clump of cells' .. not a 'late term baby'.

At three months the baby is fully formed. The organs are there. The brain is functioning. The child is just gaining weight and maturing and 'finishing cooking' as they say. This is NOT a 'clump of cells'. This is a fully formed human.

edit on 8/22/2012 by FlyersFan because: spelling
6 months isnt a late term pregnancy? Entering into the third trimester certainly qualifies as such.

I am all for not allowing abortion after brainwaves are present, except in life-threatening cases.

Again, post all the shock pics you want. Doesnt change a thing.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Go ahead.

You should feel so poud!

Again, you are making things up. Clumps of cells have no rights, even when you use rhetoric like "unborn child".

The only one trying to deny rights is you.....you wish to deny the rights of the woman.

Women are free to do what they want. Current laws even allow women to deny the right to life of a pre-born human being.

I'm for the individual that CAN'T speak for him/herself.

Women can speak for themselves.

Equal rights for all.

Unless you're a birthist.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I am all for not allowing abortion after brainwaves are present, except in life-threatening cases.

Brain waves are present from the third month ... from the 12th week.
Did you even read what I posted? Did you look at the pictures?
I showed 8 weeks and 12 weeks ... those are fully formed legs and feet.
Those are not 'clumps of cells'.
Those are not 'late term pregnancies'

Those aren't 'shock pictures'. Those are FACTS. Cold hard facts.

However, you should be shocked at what you approve of killing ... you call fully formed legs and feet; formed organs, and a formed and functioning brain just a clump of cells. That's dead wrong. Read ... look at the pictures .. educate yourself.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Brain waves are present from the third month ... from the 12th week.
Did you even read what I posted? Did you look at the pictures?
I showed 8 weeks and 12 weeks ... those are fully formed legs and feet.
Those are not 'clumps of cells'.
Those are not 'late term pregnancies'

Those aren't 'shock pictures'. Those are FACTS. Cold hard facts.

However, you should be shocked at what you approve of killing ... you call fully formed legs and feet; formed organs, and a formed and functioning brain just a clump of cells. That's dead wrong. Read ... look at the pictures .. educate yourself.

1) Legs and feet do not equal a baby.

2)They are shock pics. Youa re attempting to garner an emotional response, instead of a logical one.

3)I am VERY educated on this topic. I dont just base things on raw emotion, like you are.

4)In YOUR OPINION it is wrong. You wish to force that on others.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Liberals, lefties, leftists, democrats, whatever you want to call them; are all for equal rights.

Unless it becomes an inconvenience.

Then they change definitions, call him or her a lump of cells, ignore the responsibility of bringing a new life into the world.

I, beezzer, will speak for those that you and the law deny.

I speak for those that you kill and discard.

I will speak for the pre-born.

Women have rights.
Men have rights.
Blacks have rights.
Asians have rights.
Gays have rights.
ANIMALS have rights.

But if you are not born yet, they get to kill you.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Am I to take it that you are labeling me a liberal, leftist, or democrat? You couldnt be further from the truth.

But I digress. I have let you guys drag me into this off topic back and forth for too long.
edit on 22-8-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Am I to take it that you are labeling me a liberal, leftist, or democrat? You couldnt be further from the truth.

But I digress. I have let you guys drag me into this off topic back and forth for too long.

S'okay. You've labeled yourself. You don't believe in equal rights.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Whatever you need to tell yourself. I have to wonder why you are continuing to try and drag this off-topic. Perhaps because you cant deny the ACTUAL subject of this thread?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Whatever you need to tell yourself. I have to wonder why you are continuing to try and drag this off-topic. Perhaps because you cant deny the ACTUAL subject of this thread?

I'm trying to show how important this issue is. It is so important, that Ryan and others are trying to stop this horrible, socially acceptable form of murder and the constant denial of equal rights.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I find it interesting that the Democratic party spent 1.5 million dollars to get Akin elected. That was more than Akin spent on his own campaign! You gotta be asking yourself why that is? Perhaps to get a strawman into office they can attack? So while you're up in arms over the bills he is passing/proposing just keep in mind how he got there.

Democrats spent $1.5 mil to help Akin win GOP primary

i actually READ the article and in no way did democrats support this guy. to paraphrase, the ad said he was too conservative along the lines of a mike huckabee. what were they suppose to say, he's too liberal to be a republican? he's been in congress for what? 6 terms?...he's being attacked because he's a radical right-wing nut job.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I'm trying to show how important this issue is. It is so important, that Ryan and others are trying to stop this horrible, socially acceptable form of murder and the constant denial of equal rights.
No, you're trying to take the topic from "Paul Ryan and Todd Akin co-sponsored 8 anti-abortion bills in 112th Congress", to "abortion is wrong".

Why cant you stay on topic?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I am. It ties directly to the specifics of the anti-abortion bill.

But you'll get the last word for now. it's my bedtime.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I am. It ties directly to the specifics of the anti-abortion bill.

But you'll get the last word for now. it's my bedtime.

Still trying, still going off topic. Ill give you credit for consistancy.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Liberals, lefties, leftists, democrats, whatever you want to call them; are all for equal rights.

Unless it becomes an inconvenience.

Then they change definitions, call him or her a lump of cells, ignore the responsibility of bringing a new life into the world.

I, beezzer, will speak for those that you and the law deny.

I speak for those that you kill and discard.

I will speak for the pre-born.

Women have rights.
Men have rights.
Blacks have rights.
Asians have rights.
Gays have rights.
ANIMALS have rights.

But if you are not born yet, they get to kill you.

beezzer, you seem to be a smart person...so let me ask you, do you think there was no abortion before roe v. wade?....do you think this law was passed because people didn't care if it killed human beings?...do you think that during the thousands of hours spent on argument, testimony, writings, opinions, research, study groups, polls, conversations of logic, critical thought, and reason...that none of what you have said was taken into consideration?....and with all that, it still passed...
this wasn't as simple as voting in a state flower, or legislating for an obscure local holiday...there was serious, heated, arguments on both sides.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

So you leave the door open with a welcome sign and then claim trespassing? If you're having sex and let a man put his penis inside you without at least two forms of birth control (because no one form is 100%) then you are in fact inviting the possiblity of pregnancy.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join