It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan and Todd Akin co-sponsored 8 anti-abortion bills in 112th Congress

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Romney and Ryan are scrambling desperately to distance themselves from the crazy senator Todd Akin, who recently said that women who are "legitimately raped" had some special powers to prevent conception from taking place. Probably because he's been trying very hard (with Paul Ryan's support) to make abortion illegal even in the case of rape.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

By his thinking, if you get pregnant from "rape", that means it wasn't really "rape" and you don't deserve to have an abortion. That way any woman who's pregnant, we can assume is a whore and should be forced to carry the child to term...

But don't be so quick to believe them... The scary thing is, if the GOP has their way, our next VP will agree with him 100% on the issue...

Paul Ryan and Todd Akin co-sponsored 8 anti-abortion bills in 112th Congress.

Todd Akin clarifies he's on the same page as Paul Ryan on 'forcible rape'

It also puts him [Akin] in line with the rest of the Republican Party—including, of course, the party's vice presidential nominee, Rep. Paul Ryan:

Paul Ryan also co-sponsored HR 3, the "No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion" bill in which Republicans tried to redefine rape so that it only applied to "forcible" rape so those fake rape victims would stop exploiting loopholes to cash in on fabulous gifts and prizes. Republicans pulled that part out of the bill so everyone would stop criticizing them, and then they tried to sneak it back in anyway.

Paul Ryan and Todd Akin Partnered On Radical ‘Personhood’ Bill Outlawing Abortion And Many Birth Control Pills

As it turns out, this may only be the second most sweeping attack on reproductive freedom that both men partnered on. Ryan and Akin also cosponsored a federal personhood bill, the Sanctity of Human Life Act of 2009, which declares that a fertilized egg is entitled to the exact same legal rights as a human being:

(1) the Congress declares that–

(A) the right to life guaranteed by the Constitution is vested in each human being, and is the paramount and most fundamental right of a person; and

(B) the life of each human being begins with fertilization, cloning, or its functional equivalent, irrespective of sex, health, function or disability, defect, stage of biological development, or condition of dependency, at which time every human being shall have all the legal and constitutional attributes and privileges of personhood;

And now, this morning, I see threads talking about Obama's "war on women".
Can't these people come up with an original idea?

NO woman (and dare I say, no man) should vote for this team, as it virtually guarantees a radical overhaul of women's health care laws, removing our rights to our very PERSONS. Who knows what medical decisions will be taken out of our hands and placed in the hands of the government?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I find it interesting that the Democratic party spent 1.5 million dollars to get Akin elected. That was more than Akin spent on his own campaign! You gotta be asking yourself why that is? Perhaps to get a strawman into office they can attack? So while you're up in arms over the bills he is passing/proposing just keep in mind how he got there.

Democrats spent $1.5 mil to help Akin win GOP primary

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
What else can you expect from religious nutjobs. These people believe their delusion should determine the way this country is run. Maybe Mittens and Ryan will pass a law stating women should stay in their homes because that's their place and always remain submissive to men because God said so.

This about Ryan and Akin is something that the PACS for Obama should run into the ground.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

There is no indication whatsoever that this is true! The Dems spent 1.5 million on getting Akin elected the same way Obama spent millions to hide his birth certificate!

From your source:

The latest example is a new radio ad paid for by the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee that attacks Rep. Todd Akin (R), but does so slyly, in a manner that appears to be designed to endear him to conservative voters.

What? Seriously? You expect us to believe that an ad for Claire McCaskill, calling Akin "too conservative" and outlining his anti-woman stance and his views of Obama as a "menace to civilization". are actually meant to get him to win???? Here's the ad:

If it "endears" him to republicans, it's because his views are extreme and insane!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
yes, run it into the ground that romney/ryan love babies.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er

Do they?

Because I haven't heard either of them say that they would help supply healthcare, adequate nutrition, clothing, a chance of a decent education when older etc for the babies born to working poor families.

I have however heard of a 'voucher' that hopefully an insurance company may take and may hopefully cover part of the babies healthcare.

I have however heard them say they will cut food stamps.

I have however heard them say they will cut welfare.

I have however heard of the same 'voucher' idea for education with the same problems as above.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Originally posted by bjax9er

Do they?

Because I haven't heard either of them say that they would help supply healthcare, adequate nutrition, clothing, a chance of a decent education when older etc for the babies born to working poor families.

I have however heard of a 'voucher' that hopefully an insurance company may take and may hopefully cover part of the babies healthcare.

I have however heard them say they will cut food stamps.

I have however heard them say they will cut welfare.

I have however heard of the same 'voucher' idea for education with the same problems as above.

oh, i'am sorry, i forgot it's my responsibility to provide for every sick, uneducated child, born into a poor non-working hard enough family.

where in the constitution does it state that i must pay for someone else's healthcare, or education?

where in the constitution does it state that you have a right to healthcare, or education?

take care of yourself, and your own children.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

oh, i'am sorry, i forgot it's my responsibility to provide for every sick, uneducated child, born into a poor non-working hard enough family

And this is where your premise fails miserably. And it poisons your whole mindset.

There are actually HARD WORKING POOR PEOPLE in America.

I'll say it again, and spell it out for you.

There are actually H_A_R_D W_O_R_K_I_N_G POOR PEOPLE in America.

Just because you work your ass off does not make you automatically rich. You need to redo your post, as you based it all on this false premise, and so your whole argument is based on a falsehood.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
And now the news is starting to come out that at the convention, the GOP will talk about their new position on abortion that will ban ALL abortions, including those caused by rape.

So in other words, they're just punishing Akin for coming out with the official party line before it was time.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
To say that Ryan is on the same page as Akin because they co-sponsored some bills is akin to saying that Ryan supports the ACA because he and Pelosi once shared an elevator ride in DC.

*yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn*

Akin = akin = pun HA!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

where in the constitution does it state that i must pay for someone else's healthcare, or education?

Its in the bible, and this IS a Christian Nation according to the Conservatives, is it not?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

UM, no sharing an elevator and co-sponsoring a bill is apples and oranges.

Try again with another argument, that one don't work to good.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
What makes me laugh is that GOP voters, and TEA party members specifically, claim that the current GOP positions show their "true Conservative values".

Conservative Governments in other countries, such as the UK and Canada, think that American GOP positions are INSANE, and senior officials in Whitehall (London) have said that Romney is "worse than Sarah Palin" after meeting him.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

What would be the purpose for Paul Ryan and Todd Akins to seek to redefine what rape is? They are trying to MITIGATE the term "rape" to make it more palatable for them to jam their perverted patriarchal views down everyone's throats.

RAPE is RAPE. There's no such thing as "legitimate rape" versus "illegitimate rape". These two want to relabel rape as forcible rape. ALL rape is forcible rape. The term "rape" itself is connotative as a forcible, violent act, carried out against the wishes of the rape victim.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
reply to post by bjax9er

Its in the bible, and this IS a Christian Nation according to the Conservatives, is it not?

oh, i didn't realize the bible was the law of the land.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErEhWoN
reply to post by beezzer

UM, no sharing an elevator and co-sponsoring a bill is apples and oranges.

Try again with another argument, that one don't work to good.

Neither does painting Ryan with the same brush as Akin. This is silly and reaching. It sure does take away from the high unemployment and lousy economy though. Bring on the hyperbole!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Originally posted by babybunnies
What makes me laugh is that GOP voters, and TEA party members specifically, claim that the current GOP positions show their "true Conservative values".

I agree! This is not a "conservative" platform. The conservative platform would want government OUT of personal decisions. The Republican conservatives are being consumed by the very controlling extreme right of the party. A true conservative is hard to come by anymore. Though there are a few great ones on this site.

Conservative Governments in other countries, such as the UK and Canada, think that American GOP positions are INSANE, and senior officials in Whitehall (London) have said that Romney is "worse than Sarah Palin" after meeting him.

I hadn't heard that, but I had the same thought myself.

Actually, I think Romney is simply a "placeholder" for the agenda of the extreme right. He's so malleable and has changed his positions so many times over the years, it's clear he will change his mind as the winds change and do what he's told. He's easy to control and has no real positions of his own or even a mind of his own. What a perfect person to put at the top of the ticket to guarantee an extreme shift to the hard right, whicj is what they have been orchestrating for years.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

you cannot compare the conservatives in america to conservatives in other countries.

their ideals only exist in america.

you could compare left wing wackjobs to conservatives in other countries.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Romney and Ryan are scrambling desperately to distance themselves from the crazy senator Todd Akin, ..

Have Romney or Ryan made any distancing statements??
If they are 'scrambling desperately' they'd be making statements that they disagree with nutter Akin. I haven't seen any statements come out. Until I see 'scrambling desperately to distance themselves' statements ... I have to conclude that they either agree with Akins statement or they are trying to let it quietly go away with the next news cycle.

The scary thing is, if the GOP has their way, our next VP will agree with him 100% on the issue...

The GOP is putting someone forward that agreed with the nutter language Akin used. The DEMS have Biden who agreed with the Chinese policy of government forced abortions in order to maintain population controls. Both Ryan and Biden have agreed with some pretty spooky stuff when it comes to abortion ... (and I can't help but notice they are men .. I wonder if any women would make these same type of statments/agreements. I doubt it)

edit on 8/21/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You know I am beginning to wonder if this has to do with excusing the UN peacekeepers from their reputation for rape that we have seen worldwide as other less affluent nations were invaded by them during regime changes?

Haitian teenager who says he was raped by Uruguayan members of UN peacekeeping force to testify in closed hearing. www.aljazeera.com...

UN peacekeepers have "failed" the victims of mass rape in eastern DR Congo, a senior UN official has said. Atul Khare told the Security Council that the scale of systematic rape by armed rebels was far worse than feared. He said that up to 500 women and children were now believed raped in recent weeks - more than double the previously reported figure.
www.bbc.co.uk...

It gets worse. ABC’s report includes an interview with a UN peacekeeping official, an American, Assistant Secretary-General Anthony Banbury. Asked if there’s any way to ensure that UN peacekeepers accused of sexual exploitation and assault will face justice, he simply admits, “Sometimes we can, sometimes we can’t.” In an earlier incident, when more than 100 Sri Lankan peacekeepers in Haiti were expelled for sexually exploiting underage girls, there was no sign they were ever prosecuted. That’s been largely the way of it, as cases of sexual abuse by UN peacekeepers have turned up again and again, in places such as the Congo, Bosnia, Cambodia, Liberia, the Ivory Coast, Burundi, Haiti, and South Sudan. pjmedia.com...

News World news Democratic Republic of the Congo UN-backed troops 'murdering and raping villagers' in Congo Margot Wallstrom, UN envoy combatting sexual violence in conflict, tells of serious abuses by Congolese soldiers www.guardian.co.uk...

Sex Trade, Rape by UN Officials/Peacekeepers and Foreign Arabs Buying Egyptian Girls for Temporary Wives As for us, with the much-needed dismembering of the Federal Reserve must come our withdrawal from and expulsion of the United Nations. Few people are aware that, in the event of an absolute or substantial collapse of the official civil order in the US (I stress "official" as the vast majority of American communities will cooperate to quickly and efficiently establish local governing bodies with the ability to maintain order), the United Nations would be perfectly willing, if those in DC but ask for it, to send in their Peacekeeping contingents to do the job for us. The first task for such forces will in all probability have nothing to do with rounding up looters and criminal gangs. No, the UN, having a taste for defenseless citizens, will no doubt begin confiscation of all erstwhile legally acquired and possessed firearms from the citizens who have not been bothering anybody. In the event that the people of the US meekly accept any UN involvement, could be assumed that we would not suffer any abuse from these troops? The following post paints an ugly picture of rampant sexual abuses and rapes committed by UN officials and troops. Fun Fact: The United States government pays 22% of the U.N.'s budget every year. For years, the United Nations has repeatedly employed, promoted, and covered for a range of sexual predators, traffickers, rapists, and pedophiles on a scale that would stagger the average barhopping grope-meister. In 2001, the United Nations was accused of running a child prostitution and sex-trafficking organization in Bosnia. U.N. officials promised a thorough investigation and announced that they had adopted new processes for ensuring that it would never happen again. But it did. Repeatedly. It just changed countries.thehotgates480bc.blogspot.com...

And good luck finding any real information on history and ongoing tragedy imposed by UN peacekeepers as the internet is 'scrubbed' of anything even remotely informing...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join