It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan and Todd Akin co-sponsored 8 anti-abortion bills in 112th Congress

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Originally posted by beezzer
So an unborn child infringes on a womans rights by existing?

You ask me yet another question, while totally ignoring the questions I've asked you... I'm losing patience, Beez. You have yet to address the woman's rights EVEN ONCE. Quit hiding.

I have the rights to my body (personal autonomy). Any infringement on my body is an infringement of that right. If I WANT to allow the little thing to take up residence, that's my CHOICE. If I don't, it's also my choice. Because ultimately, my body is mine.

The Right to Choose - A Fundamental Liberty

The Bill of Rights of the United States Constitution guarantees individuals the right to personal autonomy, which means that a person's decisions regarding his or her personal life are none of the government's business. That right, which is part of the right to privacy, encompasses decisions about parenthood, including a woman's right to decide for herself whether to complete or terminate a pregnancy, as well as the right to use contraception, freedom from forced sterilization and freedom from employment discrimination based on childbearing capacity.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The rights of women are well documented. I'm concerned with the rights of the unborn. I started a thread from my perspective.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Like I'm going to participate in another thread of yours when you refuse to answer the questions I've asked you here. No, thanks. Once again, you show that you support the rights of SOME.
I'm not wasting any more time with you.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Here is the jist of it, if a man attacks a pregnant woman and happens to kill the unborn child, that's murder.

How is that murder if the child isn't alive?

If a women chooses an abortion that's legalized murder.

For instance,

A man has been charged with the murder of a heavily pregnant woman and the killing of her unborn baby girl.

Tony McLernon, 23, has been accused of killing 20-year-old Eystna Blunnie, who was found fatally injured in a street in Harlow, Essex in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

He also faces a charge of child destruction after it emerged that Ms Blunnie was heavily pregnant at the time of her death.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... fc

So how can you have it both ways?

This argument borders on insanity.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
The adoption agencies are full of unwanted kids. When the pro life people start adopting them; then their
argument might have some validity. Until then let women make their own reproductive decisions.
Even conservative women don't want MEN making their bodies properties of the state and regulated by governmental edicts and rules.

See the GOP hypocrisy here?

Freedom indeed......

edit on 23-8-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

No I don't see the hypocrisy at all, and it isn't only Republicans that are anti abortion, in fact there are Republicans that are pro choice.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Reading through some of the posts, I have a feeling US women are going to be living in a time represented by The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.

To sum up the story, basically a religious group takes over the government and bases all laws on the Old Testament of the Bible. The main focus is women being turned into slaves/second class citizens and they are separated into these groups: Wives, Daughters, Handmaids (concubines/childbearers for Wives), Aunts (take care of Handmaids), Marthas (older women of domestic servitude) and Econowives (low rank wives). One of the Handmaids tries to escape to Canada before the religious group takes power, but is captured and made to work for one of the top guys.

Who else loves it when dystopian fiction is becoming fact.

I eagerly await my new job of hunting Andys and driving a spinner like Harrison Ford!

Also, this is from the people of Wisconsin on behalf of Ryan: We're sorry. We know he's not Jeffrey Dahmer, but he's just as bad.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join