It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Ryan and Todd Akin co-sponsored 8 anti-abortion bills in 112th Congress

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Originally posted by bjax9er
yes, run it into the ground that romney/ryan love babies.

Do they?

Because I haven't heard either of them say that they would help supply healthcare, adequate nutrition, clothing, a chance of a decent education when older etc for the babies born to working poor families.

I have however heard of a 'voucher' that hopefully an insurance company may take and may hopefully cover part of the babies healthcare.

I have however heard them say they will cut food stamps.

I have however heard them say they will cut welfare.

I have however heard of the same 'voucher' idea for education with the same problems as above.

oh, i'am sorry, i forgot it's my responsibility to provide for every sick, uneducated child, born into a poor non-working hard enough family.

where in the constitution does it state that i must pay for someone else's healthcare, or education?

where in the constitution does it state that you have a right to healthcare, or education?

take care of yourself, and your own children.

i like to think its your HUMAN responsibility to want to care for any baby that is born into this world.
you cant say that romney and ryan care about babies and then turn around and say babies shouldnt be cared for because they were born to unfit or worthless parents.

its kinda hard for a 6 week old to get a job and take care of themselves.

why do republicans care more about a zygote then a living, breathing baby?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

From what I've seen on the Net tonight, the Romney crew, GOP in general and even the Tea Party are distancing themselves and calling for him to quit. Supposedly Sarah Palin is silent on the matter.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Oh trust me on this.... If we are stuck with Claire McCaskill for another 6 years because the idiot has a brain the size of a peanut, the sense of a turnip and the general respect for women of a caveman, he'll be damned lucky if a Denny's even serves him a cup of Coffee in this state again. I'm only a little kidding too.... Southern Missouri may not do even that much for this guy after the damage it appears he may well have done. Unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Hmmm, seems not killing unborn children is a bad thing now days.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

My position is that it's bad for the government to make choices about MY healthcare. Everyone is so quick to oppose Obamacare because they don't want the government in their healthcare, but when it comes to women, the hypocrisy is glaring.

It seems it's OK for the government to make WOMEN'S healthcare decisions and choices, but don't even THINK of letting them get involved in anyone else's.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
This priest specifically said that masturbation is like abortion in that it is a sin and there is no difference between sins.

Ahhhh .. that's different. Okay.

According to the Catholic faith, masterbation is a sin and abortion is a sin. But there IS a difference in sins in the Catholic church. So if he said there is no difference in sins, then he was dead wrong. According to the Catholics - there is venial and mortal ... Venial (little sins that don't damn you to hell) and mortal (sins that damn you to hell). Last I heard - murder (which is what abortion is) is one that damns to hell. Masterbation (onanism) isn't one that damns you to hell. The recent pronouncements from Rome state it's not damning but the catechism still has it listed as damning. It's kind of like suicide .. the church used to say suicide put someone in hell (all christian churches taught that), but now, with the advance of psychology and medicine, people understand suicide and masterbation better so saying these are automatically putting someone in hell no longer happens.

Anyways .. onanism and abortion .. two different levels of 'sin' and aren't the same thing at all.

I don't know if you followed what I wrote about the beliefs.
But I hope that answers the question that was posed about masterbation vs abortion and beliefs.

ETA - I'd better add this ... this isn't my belief .. I'm just reporting what the beliefs are in answer to the question put forward.

edit on 8/22/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The people that began the crusade for "women's healthcare rights" (as you pro-abortion folks softly call it) were the very same that wanted to sterilize minorities and the unfit so as to prevent them from flourishing. They were also the same who lauded Hitler's efforts until the entire world found out what he was doing, only then to disappear for a while and re-emerge later as Planned Parenthood.
It's never been about a woman's right to choose. It's always been about eliminating another unwanted human being.

Now they (you) take some idiot's ill-phrased rape speech and use it as another sword in their (your) battle against life. Put everyone on the pro-life side in with the idiot for comparison and argument.

Congratulations, evil wins again.

edit: I was going to use the word "bullet" instead of "sword", but pro-abortion often also means anti-gun, the other battle that is disguised as "caring about the common folk".

edit on 22-8-2012 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Don't women already have those controls? If a woman gets pregnant with your child she has the right to kill, for you to pay for it(even when no one is going to force her to pay for it) for at least 18 years, deny you the right to see it anytime you want or at all if she chooses, she can even make you pay for half or most of extra activities such as cheerleading and or sports, insurance, and many other things. Men have no control over what happens to their children, but if you don't give a damn whether your child lives or dies or whether you have any say so in that childs life after you have been forced to support it even if you didn't want it, then I guess the current system is just fine for you. Because a judge will give a kid to a bad mother before giving it to a good father any day.
edit on 22-8-2012 by EndlessFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

You're right, we should let people beat their children and pets and not interfere, it's not our place to decide how they live their lives.
You aren't killing weeds in the yard, this is human life we're talking about. It should not be as easy as getting weed killer at the garden center. Even criminals get a trial with a judge and jury before being put to death and you want to make sure people don't even have to see these humans before they are killed.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

If it was fatal to the woman sure, if it's because she would have to drive a Ford instead of a Lexus, not so much down with the killing of innocent human life.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I just like the whole conservative stance on this....

Don't kill and any unborn babies... and don't ask me to pay taxes to support these kids, and don't ask me to adopt them...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

My position is that it's bad for the government to make choices about MY healthcare.
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Wait..........so you think its bad for them to make choices about your care.........yet you want it funded by the government?

Do you even realize how that makes NO sense?

So you want governement funded health care, and you want governement funded abortions but "OH NO DONT HAVE CONTROL OVER MY HEALTH CARE"

Thats exactly what they WILL HAVE.......

Taking them OUT of the equation, leaves the choices and decisions up to you..........

im just in shock by your statement, but youre so pro obamacare......

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Perhaps some of you pro abortionists can tell me how so many women are getting pregnant "by accident" every year...

Thought not.

How many women "forgot to take the pill"? Are we men supposed to believe that women are THAT stupid?

So what's really going on? Well, many women are dating men who don't find them that attractive, and can't maintain an erection when they put a condom on, so they can't use condoms. They SAY they don't "like" condoms, what they mean is that their relationship is so rubbish that the man doesn't actually fancy the woman sufficiently to maintain an erection with a condom on.

ALL men who have sex and don't want to become fathers should be wearing condoms, as simple as that. What sort of loser would make his woman take oral contraceptives, which change her hormones and the way her body works, because he can't be bothered to wear condoms?

Next question: why are women dating such men? Because they're desperate and will date ANYBODY, that's why. They have no standards, no self esteem, and must 'get a man' at any cost. Sorry, but that's the truth.

Any woman who takes the pill is basically saying that her man doesn't care about her, and therefore SHE is a loser for staying with him in the first place.

So behind all of this talk of abortion, the REAL reasons why abortions are even felt to be necessary, are ignored, because of PSYCHOLOGICAL reasons, not scientific reasons, and also because of reasons which people don't want to talk about, which I've outlined above.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
If abortion isn't an atrocity, and isn't the most evil thing ever seen, then why aren't the pro abortionists taking footage inside the womb of a mother while her baby is 'aborted', so we can see what the baby does, and what happens to him or her? Why isn't this being done, and then presented by the pro abortionists as evidence that the baby is only "a bundle of cells", etc.?

And that is how easy it is to demolish the pro abortion argument...

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by packoftwenty

These posts are totally out of line...........

Im pro choice.........and pro "Keep your federally funded crap" out of my healthcare.......

I also think the PILL is a fantastic Idea...........and dont think because you take it your man thinks youre ugly....

Infact, if there was a male contraceptive pill id take it........

Atleast when other people on these boards who stand in opposition to my opinion speak, they actually have an argument

Your post is hate filled drivel, and the most profound example of uneducated tripe I have seen on ATS in a long while........

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by packoftwenty

Originally posted by packoftwenty
Why do pro abortionists not talk about what abortion IS, and instead talk about the mother all the time? Because they know that abortion is an atrocity and is indefensible, that's why.

I can't even bring myself to address most of your post. But I am pro-CHOICE. I am against abortion personally. I have been pregnant and I believe life begins at conception. I would never have an abortion unless it endangered MY life - or maybe if it was incest. But not for rape. A child resulting from rape is innocent and I would love it just as much as any baby I bore.

So, your assumptions reveal your... lack of knowledge.

Having an abortion is killing the life within. That's my opinion. But I would NEVER force that opinion on another person. Not through guilt, through law or through ignorance. It's not my place to decide for another woman and how you think it's YOUR place reveals your... lack of knowledge.

ps I'm an atheist.

Good for you. You want a Popsicle?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If any Conservative thinks the anti abortion platform is going to garner enough votes to win an election they are very mistaken. Women are a huge voting block and they don't want a bunch of white old men telling them what to do with their bodies. The GOP campaign committee has just now thrown up their hands in disgust at the fools that have raised this issue. The steering committee's wanted to avoid this issue at all cost and now it's major fail.

Without the female vote the Republicans just lost all major elections. Even conservative women want "choice"

edit on 22-8-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
Wait..........so you think its bad for them to make choices about your care.........yet you want it funded by the government?

No. I pay for my own healthcare. Make assumptions, much?

im just in shock by your statement, but youre so pro obamacare......

I don't know where you got that. I don't like the current Obamacare. I think we need health care reform, but I think what he passed is a bunch of crap. Feel better?

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by f4rwest

Our only hope is ourselves...if human beings don't figure this out, we're gonna all kill each other anyways.

We have figured it out. Thats why we have a Government.

But go ahead and stick to your cradle to grave mentality, foolishly thinking that all the poor or struggling need is a chance that they were somehow "cheated out of.".....and keep foolishly thinking regulating the rich will create jobs and provide more "equality."

And go ahead and stick to your 'The big corporations will pay us a decent wage, wont pollute, will regulate themselves (tried that already, see Reccession 2008) I'll NEVER be too old to work, never be to sick to provide, never have a loved one with cancer whose treatment bankrupts me and makes me loose my house, will work forever and forever be able to provide' mentality. This will provide more 'equality', no doubt.

And lower taxes create jobs. And Santa brings gifts every Dec. 25.

I'm sure there are some hard working Americans who just had some tough luck, but oh well, that's life....It's not governments job to help them, (they will inevitably fail) it's the individuals job. No government will EVER be able to successfully govern man in that way.

And that 'Law of the Jungle' mentality should have died when we stopped living in the jungle. If we spend a TRILLION dollars to invade a country, just to leave it, we caould provide alot more to the people that need it. We have the technology. This ain't the jungle no more. If you are Christian, its the way of Christ. These are your brothers and sisters that need help. Leave it to Bank of America to help?

Naw.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join