It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disabled Pakistani girl may face death penalty for allegedly burning Koran

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
So many caught up in religious argumetns and they're missing the whole point.

This is about a horrendous condition of Fascism and insanity, whereby any one on this planet, in this day and age is living under such conditions or theocracies, where anyone could ever be even arrested for burning a piece of paper or a book. Savvy? Who cares why? If they're mad, if they're being disrespectful t a religon, if they're a kid playing with a lighter or match, as kids often do? PEOPLE COUNT. BOOKS AND EVEN RELIGIONS DON'T. Religions are Isms, opinions, and real flesh and blood matters more than anyone's opinion.

And books are just books.
edit on 21-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I am so sick of hearing of the insane injustices all around the world especially in fascist repressive or theocracy type countries and for one, would support an underground network rescuing every single person who needs it.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
Of course I can see the differences. However I can also see the commonalities here too. Is it a problem to take in the broader picture?

The only commonality is the age of the offense. The type of offense itself is different, the law is different, the execution age is different, the execution method is different.

This is why I'm saying that executing a girl, retarded or not, at the age of 11 for burning a book by a barbaric method, is light years far from sentencing to prison a boy at the age of 17 for killing and raping of more than one person at the same time, then executing him when he is an adult.

It's not so hard to comprehend once you remove the anti-US eye patches.
edit on 21-8-2012 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

retarded or not, at the age of 11 for burning a book by a barbaric method,

Barbaric is a word that would be used if someone where to harm, kill, rape, enslave, or torture another, it is also barbaric to arrest children for anything like this, for a real flesh and blood person is being victimized and harmed.

Paper doesnt feel anything. There is not a proper way to burn paper, and then a more barbaric way to burn paper. It makes no difference to the paper.

The posts here are so bizarre I feel I had a timeline switch to a near hellzone.

edit on 21-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

Originally posted by RimDaas
You may think it's a cult and it's highly restrictive but I don't.

If I had only "thought" or only believed that Islam were a cult, I NEVER would have posted the quote previously unless I had prefaced it with a warning that I only "believed" it to be true.

I am speaking what I KNOW to be true, there is a HUGE difference.

For those TRULY interested in the truth, you must look outside of religion to find it.

Religion is a massive form of mind control, I would stake my life on that FACT.

The Illuminati was set up in 1776 but created Islam?

The Illuminati is satanic and goes clear back to the Garden. (and there is, understandably, volumes of disinformation about it.)

"The illuminati started long before 1776, It has it's roots in the mystery religions which the knights templar perpetuated. In Nimrod's time, Semiramus brought back the mystery religions which were from before the time of Noah. The Illuminati was just a different name by which these same entities exsisted. They can change their name a thousand times, but the same entities run it."

Illuminati Roots

" Most students of this topic hear right up front that The Illuminati was formed in 1776 by Adam Weishaupt. WRONG . This sets me apart from the herd in a big way.

I believe that the Illuminati existed BEFORE Adam Weishaupt launched his particular BRANCH of it. It was HUGE, way before Weishaupt. All that Adam Weishaupt did in 1776 was to form an additional BRANCH of the movement that called for political radicalism. But his was only a small splinter off the main body. So, the MAIN and LARGER and ALREADY EXISTING Illuminati would be found doing just FINE if Weishaupt’s branch ever fizzled.

Furthermore, NOT ONLY did the bigger and older movement continue to thrive independent of Weishaupt’s branch, but, even Weishaupt’s branch of the Illuminati survived and regrouped and revived, and grew, and has continued until today. But the older pre-1776 movement always was and still is the LARGER and more influential.

What is the Illuminati?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is burning paper which is not a crime. Its not a crime to burn paper. Its also not a crime to burn it for specific reasons, even if your reason is because you can't stand what is written on the paper and are really angry at what is written on the paper. Because you have full rights to fully express how angry you are at what is written on the paper, that is your choice, you don't have the right to harm anyone, murder, rape, or hurt a living human being over your anger at what is written on paper.

You see, only harming a person counts, and religions are ISMS, ie AKA, just opinions.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Merriman Weir

I don't believe any of this. Islam is the religion of peace and all this is lies.

Yeah? Then explain why the koran calls for the death of all nonmuslims?
Religion of peace...DEFINATELY NOT

Umm, that's actually not even true.... you may wanna cite the verse..... You know, the SOURCE of this (dis)information....

LOL
edit on 21-8-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

"Can't believe that you still think that Muhammed(Peace be upon him, you need to add that) was a pedophile."

Maybe he/she is dyslexic, although its a fair old stretch from Profit to Pedophile. LoL

edit on 21-8-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

There seems to be a terrible misunderstanding on the part of a great many people to the effect that when you cease to believe you may cease to behave. Louis Kronenberger

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Here's an update to the situation, which is ongoing:

The prime minister's special adviser on national harmony is working closely with Muslim leaders to keep a lid on the situation and save Rimsha Masih from prison. He expects "positive developments" but is highly critical of those who are exploiting the incident for their own "gain." Islamabad bishop slams distorted versions and "immature" attitudes...

...Mgr Rufin Anthony, bishop of Islamabad-Rawalpindi [said], "many social network users don't understand that their comments have an impact on the affair."

Cause for reflection, perhaps?

cont.

...The girl is now in a juvenile centre in Rawalpindi, after she was remanded in custody for 14 days on Saturday.

Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari is closely following the affair. Yesterday, he ordered the Interior Ministry to investigate the matter. At the same time, he said that Christian lives and property must be protected. "We will not allow the misuse of the blasphemy law at any cost," he said. "We want to ensure that it is not used by anyone for a personal gain," he added.

For his part, the prime minister's Special Adviser on National Harmony Paul Bhatti summoned Muslim religious leaders. He wants their cooperation to keep a lid on the situation and avoid any further incidents. He also set up a three-member committee to monitor security in the area.

Speaking to AsiaNews about Rimsha Masih, the Catholic leader noted that "she suffers from Down's Syndrome" and did not do anything "intentionally." Her actions should be seen in light of her age and health. "The situation is under control," he said reassuringly, "and we will have positive developments soon..."

Source

It's a fascinating article that says a lot about the tensions within the country and the very laudable efforts of several prominent figures to secure a just and peaceful outcome. It includes the following summary of events, which should perhaps be accepted as authoritative, seeing as this is used as a backdrop to several complaints that some have distorted the facts of the case:

Rimsha Masih, an 11-year-old girl with a mental disability, was arrested a few days ago for violating the 'black law.' She is accused of burning ten pages of an Islamic booklet, Noorani Qaida, used to learn basic Arabic and the Qur'an. She is also said to have thrown them into the garbage inside a plastic bag. In reaction to this, a mob of hundreds attacked the girl's family, threatening to do the same to the local Christian community. The girl is now in a juvenile centre in Rawalpindi, after she was remanded in custody for 14 days on Saturday.

edit on 21/8/12 by pause4thought because: (code)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
a 12 yrs old girl burning a koran in public
sounds like a demonic possession to me
of course the girl is innocent and should face death
usualy we call these people mentaly ill
do any witness recall dilated pupils ?
it could also mean she was under heavy drug mk ultra type
but why burning the koran .. its more religious
and demons dont like religious items like the cross or bible and koran

we need to stay open minded on this case
maybe Bob Larson can help her out

Big mistake here i need to correct
the correct phrase is : of course the girl is innocent and SHOULDNT face death

sorry about that .. typing error
edit on 8/21/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

That is harsh on monkeys. I remember looking at pictures of a female gorilla (I'm not sure if a gorilla is officially a monkey or not, but not far off)... Anyway, I saw these pictures of her, and she was cradling her dead offspring in her arms. To say such creatures have no compassion or emotion is doing them a grotesque and massive disservice. I'm sick of the 'they're no better than beasts' sentiment. Animals can teach us a hell of a lot about being humane; they do not start wars or persecute or take joy in the suffering of others. Which many of us, the advanced advertisement for life on Earth all to readily do.

But, back to topic...

But, you are right. What was burned was PAPER. Maybe if it was the last Koran in the whole world, and nobody had its stories and sentiments stored in their memory for transcription or storytelling. Then maybe I could begin to try to start understanding. But this was JUST PAPER. This was ridiculous. It is savage. It is barbaric. And it shows how far the human race, as a collective, have got to go before we can even start hoping about spiritual/ emotional evolution.
edit on 21-8-2012 by JamesMc82 because: D'oh!

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JamesMc82

What was burned was PAPER. Maybe if it was the last Koran in the whole world, and nobody had its stories and sentiments stored in their memory for transcription or storytelling. Then maybe I could begin to try to start understanding. But this was JUST PAPER...

Apparently many Muslims can also differentiate between the contents and the object. Back in this post a knowledgeable poster showed, interestingly, that the Koran can actually be disposed of in various ways, including burning, within the principles laid down by Muslim teachers themselves.

It's therefore the mob mentality (& possibly particular hot-headed local leaders) that are at the heart of the affair.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Barbaric is a word that would be used if someone where to harm, kill, rape, enslave, or torture another, it is also barbaric to arrest children for anything like this, for a real flesh and blood person is being victimized and harmed.

Paper doesnt feel anything. There is not a proper way to burn paper, and then a more barbaric way to burn paper. It makes no difference to the paper.

The posts here are so bizarre I feel I had a timeline switch to a near hellzone.

Umm, I think it is pretty obvious that I meant that the execution was barbaric, not the burning of a book. I'm pretty sure I'm passed the point of knowing books don't have feelings.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsraeliGuy

Originally posted by Unity_99

Umm, I think it is pretty obvious that I meant that the execution was barbaric, not the burning of a book. I'm pretty sure I'm passed the point of knowing books don't have feelings.

She has NOT been executed. Who said she was?

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Sorry for the misunderstanding, and yes the execution is barbaric, as is theocracy and fascism and lack of freedom of speech.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by Firefly_

If anything happens to this girl then we should all burn a copy of the Koran in protest.

I disagree strongly. While I understand your anger I would certainly not condone such actions. Mutual respect is the only way forward, otherwise all you get is a spiral of violence.

I genuinely believe many Muslims would be horrified at the actions of extremist governments, communities and individuals. I think they should be supported, not alienated. There has to be a constructive way forward.

You are quite right,mutual respect is the only way forward,however,the very nature of the Islamic doctrine negates the possibility of their ever being any respect for other religions.and we need to bear this in mind whilst,in our naive western way,believing that it will all be hearts and flowers and one day.we will all live as one great happy family.

Islam is the most intolerant,bigoted and oppresive belief system on the planet,we in the West can not afford to believe that everything will work itself out,while we think like this,you'll see ever more aspects of Sharia law creeping into our society,"honour killings" will be accepted,basically we will be too afraid to take a firm stand in case we "offend our Muslim Brothers",they are not nor ever will be,our brothers,we were not meant to coexist,we must take a firm stand against this appaling doctrine and prevent it's further encroachment into our western ideals.and where possible,like in the case of the Pakistani christian girl with downs syndrome possibly sentenced to death for Koran burning,make it known to the country in question that any attempt to carry out such a sentence will result in the direst of consequences for that country's rulers,in short,play them at their own game.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by nake13

Believe me, I understand your concerns. But so do many, many people who have grown up in Muslim cultures and who recoil from violent extremism.

This isn't just naïvity. In the real world there are myriads of Muslim people who do not support radical, violent extremist teachings or practice. Muslims, Christians and others have lived side-by-side around the world for countless centuries by and large at peace with each other. I suggest there are those who have an agenda to divide peoples and nations along any line possible as they believe it makes them easier to keep them from focussing on what they themselves are doing. This would include extremist Islamists, but is not necessarily exclusive to them.

People of faith have many commonalities. People of no faith have many commonalities with those of no faith. Better to see and encourage the good within different communities than to denigrate them. It does far more good to avoid stereotypes and recognise that all human beings share many of the same goals — including the avoidance of violent extremism. If people were to unite across ethnic and religious boundaries to say "no" to those who promote violence we would get along much better, acknowledged differences notwithstanding.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Merriman Weir

I don't believe any of this. Islam is the religion of peace and all this is lies.

Yeah? Then explain why the koran calls for the death of all nonmuslims?
Religion of peace...DEFINATELY NOT

Umm, that's actually not even true.... you may wanna cite the verse..... You know, the SOURCE of this (dis)information....

LOL
edit on 21-8-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

There are countless times I have seen sources sited, verses quoted.....then we get the misinterpreted excuse or out of context, or some other reason why we are wrong. The Qur'an are the WORDS OF GOD to someone who practices Islam are they not?

Qur'an 9:29

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join