Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Disabled Pakistani girl may face death penalty for allegedly burning Koran

page: 4
18
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by badvok123
So what was the religion of people who attacked or killed these government ministers? Christian? Buddhist?.
Was it the same religion as the hundreds of people outside this girls house baying for her blood?
No no, islam is a fun loving, live and let, kind of religion isn't it.


I never said that either. In fact, when I look at things, I see the pertinent facts to the question at hand, not extrapolate it out into some grand drama. As it stands, this thread is based on (and as a result much of the baying about Islam, be it right or wrong in the grand scheme of things) as misinformed.

That said, you do get Buddhists rioting and killing others (Thailand, Myanmar), you get Christians doing the same. Hindu's too are quite prone to a bit of sectarian violence (look at India). Pick any religion and you will find whack jobs ready to do crazy things.




posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by leosnake

Originally posted by leosnake
this is not Russia!




I can imagine the consequences if someone did in Pakistan mosque that these idiots have done in Moscow church. punishment would instantly without any court


Christianity is the most vulnerable religion so they attack it all over the world they say that Christianity does not have the right to have their own views on life and should take other views on the lives of people



posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC
 


See why the south is so backwards,where in the Koran does it state this?,in your redneck newspaper,I'm shocked at how many with little to no intelligence make remarks about something they know nothing about,guess it's a frre forum



posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I can't believe you people are falling for this story. The little girl is actually Mossad agent, and she'll be "put to death" by the CIA in an effort to make Islam look violent. We all know that Islam is the religion of peace. After all, that's what they claim. This story is just a lie! ***sarcasm off***



posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
i burned a koran once after i ordered it from saudi arabia and waited 3 months for it its all good tho i use bible pages to roll my..... cigars



posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I like how US drones kill children every week and nothing happens but if one girl is sentenced everyone goes crazy.



posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS
I like how US drones kill children every week and nothing happens but if one girl is sentenced everyone goes crazy.

I'm on record condemning the drone strikes. Those drones fire missiles into homes where innocent men, women and children live, often killing them all. Most times, the target is one or two people. It is a horrible thing.



posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

Yeah, but we dont kill someone for burning a bible or burning a flag now, do we?


Nope... But you DO have a long history of killing people for not being WHITE.



posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FanarFanar
 


Maybe in the "past", but now....

Race and Crimes
edit on 20-8-2012 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   


ope... But you DO have a long history of killing people for not being WHITE.


So does every other ethinicity in the world singling out white yeah ok whatever those non whites have been killing each other for over 2000 years.

So blah.

Use to care about flags getting burned but since they are made in China not a big deal.

As to a disabled Pakistani girl facing the death penalty for book burning well what does one expect from the people who hide bin laden for a decade.

As to drones "killing little girls" maybe they should stop using women and children as human shields.
edit on 20-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought
 


Its NEVER ok to kill a child, disabled or not, this type of crap over there needs to end... Boohoo a Koran was burned, give her a fine, but dont take a childs life...

Stories like this just make me sick....



posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Taking religion out of the picture, You want to kill an 11 year old on the basis that she committed an offence that you have no solid proof of? Even though she has downs syndrome?

Humanity has a looooooooooooooooooooooong way to go.


Putting religion back into the picture, Daym why are you religious people so violent and hateful!?



posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96


As to drones "killing little girls" maybe they should stop using women and children as human shields.
edit on 20-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

What are you talking about?! Human shields against drones?
I swear you Americans make up any excuse you can.



posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLaDOS

Originally posted by neo96


As to drones "killing little girls" maybe they should stop using women and children as human shields.
edit on 20-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

What are you talking about?! Human shields against drones?
I swear you Americans make up any excuse you can.



No doubt the victims purposely get in the way of gunfire obviously!

/sarcasm



posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Yano i knew this thread would be full of christians get all high and mighty about how immoral islam is but lets not pave over your 2000 years of murdering people all around the world under the name of jesus, the only reason you cant do it anymore in the western hemisphere is because decent people no longer allow you to be barbaric.

We dont allow you to kill people for the colour of their skin or their sexual orientation. Nor are you allowed to ostracise women who give birth out of wedlock or people who practice other faiths such as Paganism. We dont allow it here, that doesn't mean your christan brothers and sisters in parts of Africa aren't being taught by western christians to burn people for being "witches"

Your religion is just as capable of being disgusting and having little regard for human life so maybe you want to get off your soapboxes, exit this thread a little while and realise your religion isnt better or worse than islam. You're both keeping the world a mess in your own ways, God forbid you ever join forces.
edit on 20-8-2012 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
FWIW there are no religions of peace in practice. The worst offenses done are those done by all sides in their name of a figment of imagination. The most racist, bigotted institutions in the world are the conservative churches. Doesn't which figment they believe in either... all the same nutty things done and said because their 'god' said it is fine to do so.

God, the worst thing ever invented by man.

Prop comics are the second worst thing.

Derek



posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason
 



She is actually being protected by the State against a baying mob of religious idiots, not facing execution for perceived "blasphemy"

You're right to discourage knee-jerk reactions which may not fully reflect the facts. However it is not quite as cut and dried as you suggest:


After being charged with desecrating the Qur'an, she was remanded for 14 days to a juvenile prison in Rawalpindi. The offence comes under Article 295-B of the Pakistan Penal Code and carries a maximum sentence of life in prison...

(posted here on p.1)

...added to which many will undoubtedly be calling for the (well-known) severer charge which carries the death penalty. Consequently it is not all just hype.


reply to post by SearchLightsInc
 



i knew this thread would be full of christians get all high and mighty about how immoral islam is...

As is apparent from my signature I am a serious disciple of Christ. I've repeatedly acknowledged that many Muslims are horrified by the extremists and that we should work in harmony to shame violent extremism. ("I genuinely believe many Muslims would be horrified at the actions of extremist governments, communities and individuals...", etc.)

I reckon every serious disciple of Christ I know (and that's a lot) would agree with this stance. (And at the same time we, along with many Muslims - exemplified by at least one poster in here - acknowledge the evil of violent extremism in any shape or form.)

Anyone in any doubt as to how a Bible-loving Christian views Muslims might be interested to see one of my very first threads on the board:

Why Muslims should be treated with more respect


(And any doubts as to the seriousness of my faith might be quelled by a glance at the very next thread I started:

New Testament documents — are they reliable?)

Real Christians are peaceable, and seek to live by Christ's admonition to 'love your enemies'. As it is, extremists are the enemies of level-headed Christians and Muslims.



posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought
 

Yes you are right my friend, the UK Government have not stuck up for Christians since they got it power by default in 2010, they will not stick up for any Christian person or nation, they brought it on by turning a blind eye to Muslim extremists burning UK Bibles & Churches, killing our people all over the world.
I think that girls family ought to be helped by the west, yet we hear nothing from USA/UK/France unless a Muslim is locked up in any cell.
Why are we so frightened of them? the reason is because the west know we lost WW3 in 9/11 because we have no will to win, we are bankrupt, Arabs are not, our western leaders know we have nothing left worth fighting for.



posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I'd like to know the reason why she burned it.

She may know something we don't, perhaps burning it was a symbolic gesture to rid ourselves of invisible chains.

?



posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by stumason
 



She is actually being protected by the State against a baying mob of religious idiots, not facing execution for perceived "blasphemy"

You're right to discourage knee-jerk reactions which may not fully reflect the facts. However it is not quite as cut and dried as you suggest:


After being charged with desecrating the Qur'an, she was remanded for 14 days to a juvenile prison in Rawalpindi. The offence comes under Article 295-B of the Pakistan Penal Code and carries a maximum sentence of life in prison...

(posted here on p.1)

...added to which many will undoubtedly be calling for the (well-known) severer charge which carries the death penalty. Consequently it is not all just hype.


reply to post by SearchLightsInc
 



i knew this thread would be full of christians get all high and mighty about how immoral islam is...

As is apparent from my signature I am a serious disciple of Christ. I've repeatedly acknowledged that many Muslims are horrified by the extremists and that we should work in harmony to shame violent extremism. ("I genuinely believe many Muslims would be horrified at the actions of extremist governments, communities and individuals...", etc.)

I reckon every serious disciple of Christ I know (and that's a lot) would agree with this stance. (And at the same time we, along with many Muslims - exemplified by at least one poster in here - acknowledge the evil of violent extremism in any shape or form.)

Anyone in any doubt as to how a Bible-loving Christian views Muslims might be interested to see one of my very first threads on the board:

Why Muslims should be treated with more respect


(And any doubts as to the seriousness of my faith might be quelled by a glance at the very next thread I started:

New Testament documents — are they reliable?)

Real Christians are peaceable, and seek to live by Christ's admonition to 'love your enemies'. As it is, extremists are the enemies of level-headed Christians and Muslims.




I wasnt having a go at you just posters that are using this to take a cheap shot at another religion.





new topics

top topics



 
18
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join