It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Army Has Issued Anti-Suicide Nasal Spray To Keep Troops From Taking The

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

people die everyday, shocking!!!!!!!! let people die, it strengthens bloodlines and frees up space and resources, everyone in this world will die one day, why try and fight it, especially the ones that don't have the mental and spiritual resilience to keep going no matter there trials and tribulations, and before one of you decide to pull the card "you've never been over there so you dont know what its like" i say this, im not over there because i never signed apiece of paper that gave control of my life to another, the men and women over there did, and i thank them for it, but we all must deal with the consequences of are actions. truth is the military is drugging are young men and women so they dont kill themselves not because they care for human life but because they are trying to save the money invested to train these young men and women. Its all a game to the higher ups and life means nothing only money, the twist in this game is the more life they control the more money they make.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
A quick reply by an actual soldier;

As of right now I have heard nothing about this Nasal Spray, not even on ArmyTimes.com (yet).

So personally I wonder about the validity of this story...i'll report if I get the nasal spray lol.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This sounds like absolute bull. A nasal spray that makes you stop killing yourself??? Hahahahahahahahahahah that's just ludicrous.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Razziazoid

Originally posted by Razziazoid
This sounds like absolute bull. A nasal spray that makes you stop killing yourself??? Hahahahahahahahahahah that's just ludicrous.

Why? People take things all of the time that alter behavior.

Drugs to make you sleep....drugs to wake you up. Drugs to make you have an erection....or sexual interest....or no interest.

I could spend several days providing examples...

There isn't anything too unusual about this possibility.
edit on 19-8-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Why not prescribe anti depressants then? Because a nasal spray thats SOLE purpose is to stop you from killing yourself must be one hell of a drug. Maybe it's concentrated H2S that makes you pass out from the stench so you can't shoot yourself in the head.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Nasal administration

Nasal administration can be used to deliver drugs for either local or systemic effect. Locally acting drugs are for example decongestants and allergy treatments. Examples of systemically active drugs available as nasal sprays are migraine drugs, nicotine replacement and hormone treatments.

The nasal cavity is covered by a thin mucosa which is well vascularised.[1] Therefore, a drug molecule can be transferred quickly across the single epithelial cell layer directly to the systemic blood circulation without first-pass hepatic and intestinal metabolism. The effect is often reached within 5 min for smaller drug molecules.[2] Nasal administration can therefore be used as an alternative to oral administration of for example tablets and capsules if a fast effect is desired or if the drug is extensively degraded in the gut or liver.

I don't know why you are focused on the mode of delivery.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I just find the mode of delivery funny, that's all. They don't need nasal sprays or pills, but a therapist.

I know I said they should take anti depressants but I just realized that those make it even worse if I recall correctly. Had two friends who took it for a few years and they said it didn't help, if anything it made them more desperate.
edit on 19/8/2012 by Razziazoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
My feelings are going to depend on whether this medication has the potential for abuse. The article talks about putting it into the hands of the civilian population, possibly, in the future. But as someone pointed out, if it does create a type of "high," then once the medicine wears off the potential for the user to feel even worse is there. This is what happens with almost any narcotic drug that I know of. I suppose we will see.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

They don't need nasal sprays or pills, but a therapist.

It isn't that cut and dry....

The vast majority of service members who commit suicide do not have a documented or ascertainable major mental illness.

Source.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I'm not talking about a mental illness here, just depression. These guys need to be able to talk it out, confront their problems. Taking pills or huffing sprays isn't gonna solve jack #.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Maybe... But the military has been trying that too...and still the rates rise.

Besides, it's not just the rates that are important. These suicides appear different in nature than the ones found in the general population.

...the data suggest that military suicides are more impulsive rather than linked to psychiatric disease.

Source.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEBEARDEDGOAT
reply to post by Xaphan

hey big guy, didn't hitler drug his soldiers before sending them to their doom O_o??????

lol good observation. This didn't even occur to me.

[obligatory second line]

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Well the rates are going up because a lot of soldiers now have very long tours of duty compared to before. The USA was in Iraq for 8 years, is in Afghanistan for 11 years... The last time combat troops were deployed that long was in Vietnam if I'm not mistaken.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Well the rates are going up because a lot of soldiers now have very long tours of duty compared to before. The USA was in Iraq for 8 years, is in Afghanistan for 11 years... The last time combat troops were deployed that long was in Vietnam if I'm not mistaken.

Again, the data says something potentially very different:

While many expected the data to show that frequent deployments could be linked to suicide risk, the data did not support that theory, as 79 percent of the suicides recorded by the Army in fiscal year 2009 were soldiers who had completed only a single deployment or had not deployed at all.

Source.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
So rather than end the illegal immoral ,undeclared ,and unconstitutional wars we will give them drugs .?People keep sending their young off to die.Yeah if you talked your child into going into the army and they die or committ suicide is it anyones fault?Is it the fault of the liers who recruited him,the parents who are too stupid to question or the scum bags who sent them to war to begfin with. Smedly Butler said “I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we’ll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag. I wouldn’t go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.” “Fully inform the populace and let those who have to fight and die decide if a nation should go to war” now an anti suicide spray you still buying this just war bull #?-editor against the wall

The military suicide rate doubled in July. That’s one of our troops, almost every day.

To come up with an answer, the Army recently gave 3 million dollars to a university of Indiana research center, and those researchers came back with this: Anti-Suicide Nasal Spray.
Katie Drummond of The Daily reports researchers found a naturally occuring neurochemical called thyrotropin-releasing hormone, or TRH, that has euphoric, calming, anti-depressant effects. News of the nasal spray comes as a relief to some, who had to endure spinal taps for injections of the medicine.
The Pentagon, which tracks military suicides, reported that troops have committed the act at an 18 percent increase over the same period last year. Now, more troops die by their own hands that by the hands of the Taliban in Afghanistan.
The spray is only possible because of advances in “nanotechnology delivery systems.” Researchers plan to run a full battery of trials over the next few years, and hopefully put the spray not only in the hands of soldiers, but civilians as well.
The scientists say that applications go beyond anti-depression medications.

I read somewhere that the American soldiers kill themselves far more than the Taliban kill them.

After stating that I decided to read the article and what do you know.

Now, more troops die by their own hands that by the hands of the Taliban in Afghanistan.
They say " now ", but it's been that way for a long while now. Because I read the same thing at least a year back.

Point being they are stuck on the other side of the world, there is no victory that can be achieved so there is no end in sight. They are hated in every village and city they patrol through, they sit around literally waiting to be attacked because that's how occupations work. I wouldn't doubt that some higher ups in the military do things intentionally to the Afghani's in a bid to have them retaliate, giving the troops some fighting to do. So that way they are busy fighting instead of wondering what the hell they are doing there.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Xena12

Instead of sending our troops with innocent honorable soldiers to die and be experimented on, why the government don't send to die to so many criminals that we have in many prisons and that unfortunately pay taxes for them?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

This is no solution to anything, nothing but a bandaid, more treating the symptoms and not the cause. Other then the control aspect and that it would fatten the pharma pockets more so, it would after a time make people not really unlike junkies, that is. They live in two worlds in there heads, you hit the switch and bam combat time, then give them there spray and off they can go and forget about everything as the war machine cranks on and the world turns.

Now who here believes that there is more then meets the eye going on.
Its more like a duh!

In time and generations and given that the whole thing splintering down lines, even now you can see that the war machine is splintering and not only the whole PMC blackwater thing, or whatever they call themselves now, but the whole war machine over time can and is likely to splinter into private military troupes all belonging to different powers. And those powers wont be countries or nations, they will most likely be corporations or just anybody with lots and lots of cash, and if there all hocked up on some drug and in la la land, they they would not even know the differences between anything.

On the whole nasal method, I suppose they used it as its a more direct method. Drugs in warfare is nothing new, sh*t its pretty much common method all armies have been doing it for all throughout history, its not only used in warfare to keep people complacent and in a whole different world in there heads while there bodies go to work in the real world. In fact its the de facto way everything is run it seems, keep the mind in a fog while the body and the cogs turn in the real world. Even your common everyday criminal or drug lord or even pimps know that they got to keep them in a constant high and stupor, while things move along.

Oh how much things have changed in the world. It just seems like we got new and fancier methods for doing the same old things.
Like I said nothing but a bandaid, or one can even say a sort of Trojan horse as things like this will lead to consequences.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by davolobos

fyi it is our glorious troops that are protecting the poppy fields as the crops have increased by 600% since we went in the taliban were trying to stop the drugs before the invasion . a superpower & 11 other nations cannot beat a bunch of peasants 7th centuary ? for 10 years ?

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
reply to post by Duamutef9

yeah this kinda reminds me of the jem'hadar from star trek ds9 and the "white" they were addicted to and their motto of loyalty brings life etc so it could be that they are trying to eventualy breed or create chemically dependent solders wouldnt put it past them
i always thought that was a piss take on humans being genetically altered & needing the ;white every 3 days [sex]
or they went crazy

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
heck im a vet where can i get this spray so i don't feel so bad about this life lol

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join