It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Army Has Issued Anti-Suicide Nasal Spray To Keep Troops From Taking The

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

I really wanna try this spray.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
I really wanna try this spray.

Why not?

Nasal sprays seem to be all the rage!

Melnyk Moves Forward With Nasal Spray Orgasm Drug

edit on 20-8-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
So in 30 or so years, this drug will be illegal, due to addictiveness.

History does repeat itself. What other illegal drugs were originally for the soldiers, but was highly addictive, and now illegal? Heroin? Speed?

I don't think I'm making sense LOL, been a rough week and I'm beyond tired. Maybe I'll come back in the morning.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Exactly I never had a bad experience putting something up my nose. Little carrots, french fries and in this case medicine, all good in my book.

edit on 20-8-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Exactly I never had a bad experience putting something up my nose.

As long as it's not a Lego piece:

Doctors remove Lego wheel from boy’s nose after 3 years

Sorry, couldn't resist.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

The TRH is actually just a synthetic form of THC

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
That is very strange, but not surprising. We, as a culture, are taught to treat the symptoms instead of treating the cause. Get them OUT of the hostile, foreign environment, where they're doing things that go against their personal morals and fear for their lives every moment! That's the answer, not nasal spray!

To be fair to the armed forces here, they dont have any say whatsoever about whether or not they are in Afghanistan. Its the politicians that decide such things.
So since they're stuck (for political reasons) in a place they dont wish to be, maybe they're just doing what they can to help the troops survive.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Sheesh, why don't they just buy a buttload of Bach's Flower Remedy spray? that stuff is awesome!

Bach Flower Remedy

This product has helped my entire family.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
There has been a drug for break through pain that is ingested nasally called Stadol.. It is 5 times the strength of morphine.. Having tried it a couple of times and having been taking time release Morphine orally for many years I would never want to take Stadol as a prescribed medication... The stuff is amazing as a pain medication but the euphoria was fabulous... It's way to addictive to be prescribed to anyone not close to death... The NVA sappers that tried to over run LZ Cunningham in February 1969 on Operation Dewey Canyon Had taken vines and tightly tied them around their arms and legs before the attack to serve as tourniquets if they were wounded in either... They also were high on something also... That was the only time I recalled those little guys trying go hand to hand with Marines... The Marines were shooting them to pieces and the kept coming with satchel charges... I knew the used opium and cannabis because we had been finding it off and on in bunkers we searched when they would abandon them after a fire fight or in advance of us arriving at them.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I can neither confirm nor deny I ever had something up in my nose but if I did it probably would have been a Lego.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Being in the Army it's sad to hear and I will definitely not take that even if forced.... There are ways of faking taking nasal sprays. Still have not heard anything about this but it sounds pretty dangerous spraying chemicals into people with no chemical imbalances to begin with.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

reply to post by loam

I can neither confirm nor deny I ever had something up in my nose but if I did it probably would have been a Lego.
Are you called "Little Gene" and have an uncle named Doug?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

Soldiers commit suicide when they think they did nothing or the war was a failure.

There really isn't any other logical reason.

When you grow up in a happy sunshine life in America and then suddenly learn that most of the world is not like that, it tends to put you on the edge.

But hey, God forbid people consider the good and happy times they see around them are not a universal constant, and only the product of a deranged economic imagination that will quickly collapse.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Originally posted by davolobos
Its time to leave that damn place but before we do we need to implement the air assault with foliage spray to permanently wipe out those damn poppy flowers that the Afghans use to produce highly concentrate Opium.

Brilliant idea... isn't that where most medical grade opiates come from? By doing this people in hospitals would have no Morphine, Codeine, Demerol, Vicodin etc.

Three types of opioids used in medicine.

Natural alkaloids of opium derived from the resin of the opium poppy: opium, morphine, codeine.

Semisynthetic derivatives of morphine: heroin, hydromorphone, oxycodone

Purely synthetic opioids, including meperidine, methadone, and propoxyphene.

Opium poppies are legally grown under government license in Turkey and India, and a large proportion of the world's legal opium is grown under Government license in Tasmania (island State off the South of Australia).

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
As someone living with this everyday, here are a few random thoughts:

1. The bean counters at the Pentagon are starting to bring down the forces again. It happens. Even though some service members may like their job. You did a great job, your a great American, now hit the road.

2. The economy sucks. One of the highest unemployment rates in the US is veterans.

3. Service members who are injured (mentally or physically) are treated differently at military medical facilities. The goal there is to get them back up and in the fight. Not so much for super long term wellness.

4. The OPTEMPO the last few years has been insane. Those service members in need more readily fall through the cracks. To be fair, the military medical community and the military community as a whole are currently being bludgeoned with suicide awareness classes and the like. I do not see it keeping up with the suicides though.

5. I may get flamed for this but there is a serious lack of adult supervision outside the wire. Too many ranking folks hide away in relative safety while the younger folks have to deal with the insanity out in the villages/streets/farms/etc. Too often there are too few mature, seasoned individual present to help make sense of what is going on. In turn, young service members are left with a head full of unresolved issues.

6. Less than 1% of the US population has ever served in the military. When these service members go home, who is there to relate to them? Nobody. That sense of isolation makes it worse.

7. The other 99% of Americans is a mixed bag. Some want to help but do not know how. Some want to ignore the whole thing. Others yet want to deride those who served as mindless pawns furthering and evil agenda.

The worst part is sometimes there seems to be nothing wrong with some of these kids. They are positive, level headed, and they seem well insulated from the petty. Then the next day they are gone. This happened to me. I still have no clue why it happened but it sucks living with it.

You speek the truth unfortunatly on ATS most people would rather try to find a conspiracy in this I think it conforts them.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I keep reading personal accounts of how these suicidal thoughts just suddenly hit.

That is not generally how it works in the general population.

I find that strange enough.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

Wow.it sounds very bizzare.it reminds me of the famous book "BRAVE NEW WORLD" in which anybody can have free access to a "designer" superdrug called "SOMA" made by the government in which everyone can have free access to this drug to take all their worries and fears away...if this IS true we seem to be one step closer to this brave new world........

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Now imagine if they dose the public with this via airborne release of chemtrails. Mind control waiting to happen, really.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato

So suicide rates suddenly double and the ARMY is waiting in the wings with a magical fairy nose spray to cause sudden euphoria? This seems really fishy to me. I wonder what the side effects of that nose spray are? Chemical lobotomy? Death?

How do they expect that a suicidal person will be cured of their urge to die, just by getting a temporary high? Once the high wears off I would think the suicidal person would just feel even worse.

Overall, this is very strange.

&action_type_map=[%2210152044326185327%22%3A%22og.likes%22 ]&action_ref_map=[]]www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

And when they get back home, if they make it home, they screw them over by cutting benefits or arresting them for any outward patriotism. You know, they are the terrorists now.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Maybe something like this is causing the problem. www.sciencedaily.com...

It's possible that eating all those MREs incorporating miticides in their chemistry may weaken the immune system allowing normally harmless parasites to take over causing brain chemistry changes. Possible that is what is happening to our kids too.

Is it good to dope up people who are trained to kill?
edit on 20-8-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join