It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Hypocrisy Towards Homosexuality: A Personal Revelation

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Well, I'd like to know from the OP if her boy asked about the line in the movie. Because I don't think small kids would have gotten any sexuality from it at all. Older kids would, but older kids already know about it, trust me.

I think Bambi has more sexuality in it. The owl tries to explain to Bambi how during a certain time of the year (mating season), you'll start to like girls. Bambi scoffs until he sees a pretty doe, than BAM - he's twitterpated. Twitterpated = horny, plain and simple. Did little kids catch that? Probably not.

I had to read Unity_99 a couple of times but I think he is on to what I see what was wrong with it..

Originally posted by Unity_99

That its not natural to show the typical traits of the movie designed to appeal to the normal folk, the average folk watching, including the typical female falling in love with the so called hero, only to have this twist.

It would be a let down as well to the natural storyline, to most people, and would be a huge disappointment based on Natural Expectations built into people by the script.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

I had to read Unity_99 a couple of times but I think he is on to what I see what was wrong with it..

Originally posted by Unity_99

That its not natural to show the typical traits of the movie designed to appeal to the normal folk, the average folk watching, including the typical female falling in love with the so called hero, only to have this twist.

It would be a let down as well to the natural storyline, to most people, and would be a huge disappointment based on Natural Expectations built into people by the script.

Ahh, the dreaded twist in the ending of a movie. I remember when I watched "Sixth Sense" - how dare they manipulate me into thinking all that time that the psychologist was alive, when he was actually a ghost!?!

I really don't want to argue with you. We have different opinions. Responsible parents should probably check out any movie that's not rated G to make sure that there's nothing there to upset their particular parenting style. Let's leave it at that.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

I just recall hearing my father wince and looking away.
I know some straight guys can't help it, but that also implied something to me about building a barrier, and not being myself for very long time.

The other night my uncle and aunt visited. They had never seen The Big Bang Theory, so I really wanted to show them it. I think it's hilarious and figured they would too (their son is a physicist). So I start the episode and just a couple mins into it my aunt looks withdrawn and uncomfortable and she asks "are they gay? They seem gay". I am surprised by it and reply with a simple no they later have girlfriends. She literally had this cold face the entire show and did not laugh once. My uncle did though so that was great. Anyways after the episode ended my aunt again asked "so they are not gay? They seemed gay". The prospect that they might be gay ruined the show for her and literally took the humor out of it.

Social conditioning, it is strong.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv[/]

Well, I'd like to know from the OP if her boy asked about the line in the movie. Because I don't think small kids would have gotten any sexuality from it at all. Older kids would, but older kids already know about it, trust me.

I think Bambi has more sexuality in it. The owl tries to explain to Bambi how during a certain time of the year (mating season), you'll start to like girls. Bambi scoffs until he sees a pretty doe, than BAM - he's twitterpated. Twitterpated = horny, plain and simple. Did little kids catch that? Probably not.

No, my son didn't catch the joke at all. Some of the kids probably got it, they were giggling, but who knows.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It's a complicated matter all 'round. As far as sexuality goes we try to answer our kids matter of factly if they ask questions. My kids have two married gay uncles and we don't beat around bush at all. They understand that two boys can get married and so can two girls. Honestly they're more weirded out by kissing boys and getting married and having babies than by anything else (our oldest has declared that she doesn't want a boyfriend or a husband if she decides to have a baby and we've told her she can do that provided she can take care of herself and the baby - why not, I did once upon a time!)

As far as movies and TV...our solution has been to get rid of TV in our home, mostly because we don't want the commercials. Movies we try to screen but like I said earlier you think a movie is for kids and they throw in all of these decidedly non-kid references in there that require some 'splainin on the way home. But then it forces us to have conversations with our kids about things they will encounter in life and I suppose I would much rather be the one doing the explaining. Our kids know they can ask us anything, and tell us anything for that matter, without judgement. I'd like to think that means we're doing a fairly good job.

It's even trickier for us too because we're filmmakers and our children are always curious about the movies we make, all of which are NOT appropriate for children. I think the one good thing that's happened is our kids have seen movies being made and so understand that what they see on the screen is someone's idea turned into a movie - it is not reality. But it's a surreal experience when you're making a movie you know you DON'T want your kids to see until they're...25!

As far as my kids turning out gay: well I have four of them so the odds are at least one will be. I can honestly say I have no qualms about that possibility. There is nothing to stop them from having a loving relationship if they want one, from having a family if they want one (and I will fight to the death to make that their right). The one thing I won't have to worry about in that case is accidental pregnancy so there's a bonus...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by chr0naut

Not very politically correct, I know (its not the people I dislike, it's their actions).

It's not very a number of things

Calling it their 'actions' is undermining the gravity of their situation. It's a full on sexual orientation out of their control. Dislike it if you wish, call it abomination if you desire, but please understand calling it 'actions' is way too simplistic of a view and in fact greatly undervalues even heterosexual orientation as they are the same (minus the obvious omission of the sexes involved). I assume you understand it is an orientation not of choice.

Some people choose to be celibate.

Many choose heterosexuality.

Some choose homosexuality.

Some are unable to be sexual, either psychologically or physically.

I believe that in the world, today, the vast majority of homosexuals are actually by choice and very few can claim that "nature made them that way". This does not mean that they don't exist, just that choice plays a big part for most.

It's never simple.

edit on 19/8/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

I believe that in the world, today, the vast majority of homosexuals are actually by choice and very few can claim that "nature made them that way". This does not mean that they don't exist, just that choice plays a big part for most.

It's never simple.

I think that is just wishful thinking on your part.

Why you choose to think that way is unknown.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
There is the issue of Homosexuality, and all people having infinite inalienable rights and should be accorded respect and dignity. Now we live in a society where, despite constitutions according all of us, equally, infinite inalienable rights, so that this protects minorities, it operates as a majority rule and walk over the rights of minorities any time they see fit with unlawful legislation. It is unlawful legislation to deny any minority the right to marry who they deem suitable, who is of age, etc etc.

However, there is an agenda, a manipulation, and if anyone knows how mystery school and elites operate, they would realize that they are filled with adrogeny and homosexual tendencies(I'm sure there is a pecking order where the ones at the top who are really trying to be pure according to their gnostic and very odd beliefs, so what I'm about to say applies to the lower levels, the mid levels and the political levels who are fodder to the higher levels. For they believe that they are pure and of a different soul group and that everyone else is of the world/devil and that everyone else, including their mid management tools, anyone in fact who follows a bad direction even if it orignates from them is the sinner, they are immune)

This group that put a burqa over the equality and unconditional love and Sophia shining her light equally, energy, this group who hid the real knowledge, this group who donned robes as priests and become the adrogeny, and erected penis's, all over the place and beat the war drums to make sure most students failed to progress. They like slaves and the negatives they serve (thought some don't know it) like batteries.

Anyway, there is an out of proportion, agenda, homosexual thing going on too. Just like they don't like families and don't want parents to have any rights to kids, and like the STATE to own it all. They probably are gearing towards total control, microchips and humans raised in laboratories.

Anyway, I see agenda.

I don't like manipulation.

And they Ritualistic Hollywood is something I avoid. I can't watch stars who have attended human sacrifices as many are forced to do IMO.

Its all like Laurel Valley with the cia kids as stars, to a large extent.

And I'm not a guy.
edit on 19-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

It's never simple.

As I previously stated, I was, at one stage aggressively pursued by a homosexual, who would not take no for an answer. I had to extremely strenuously reject their constant physical advances and threaten them with the law to stop them. I eventually chose to quit my employment to escape from their sexual harassment. This cost me in both personal and financial terms.

The person in question had previously been married with children but had chosen to make a mid-life change. I have no question in my mind that their change of sexual orientation was one of choice and was motivated by factors other than biological assignment.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

It's never simple.

As I previously stated, I was, at one stage aggressively pursued by a homosexual, who would not take no for an answer. I had to extremely strenuously reject their constant physical advances and threaten them with the law to stop them. I eventually chose to quit my employment to escape from their sexual harassment. This cost me in both personal and financial terms.

The person in question had previously been married with children but had chosen to make a mid-life change. I have no question in my mind that their change of sexual orientation was one of choice and was motivated by factors other than biological assignment.

One person does not a vast majority make. Unless you are claiming that you've been aggressively pursued by every homosexual on the planet. If so, man, you are one hunky dude!!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

But wait! I support gay rights! I believe consenting adults can do whatever they want! So why would this bother me on such a deep and fundamental level?

Because having children is the innate instinct to preserve one's own genetic material, or heritage... a form of immortality, and continued existence that all biological organisms seek.

The fact is, I didn’t like my 6 year old son hearing that declaration. It was a visceral reaction, not a conscious one at all. Almost like an instinct, I guess you could say.

That's because you want grandchildren.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

One person does not a vast majority make. Unless you are claiming that you've been aggressively pursued by every homosexual on the planet. If so, man, you are one hunky dude!!

The person involved was not the only homosexual that has ever propositioned me. The rest I could just say "no" to and that was it.

I'm just explaining one instance of something that I have experienced that has formed my opinion.

My sister in law also has a girlfriend she is living and it doesn't upset or even concern me at all, really.

I also know that hers was a choice too, she wasn't made that way.

... and, I never thought of myself as "one hunky dude" but I'm definitely not now. I'm older and quite comfortable with it (X'cept for the aches 'n pains & the "old guy" noise I make when getting up from a chair).

edit on 19/8/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

As I previously stated, I was, at one stage aggressively pursued by a homosexual, who would not take no for an answer.

I'm a woman. LOL

It really cracks me up when a man is put in this position.

I had to extremely strenuously reject their constant physical advances and threaten them with the law to stop them. I eventually chose to quit my employment to escape from their sexual harassment. This cost me in both personal and financial terms.

Repeat. I'm a woman. LOL

It really cracks me up when a man is put in this position.

The person in question had previously been married with children but had chosen to make a mid-life change.

NO - - he did not choose to make a mid-life change. He chose to accept and recognize his birth right.

Something he would never had to do if self-righteous society - - - hadn't forced him into living a lie.

edit on 19-8-2012 by Annee because: DAMN QUOTES!

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
what would you do if someone was trying to turn your children gay?

(Second Line)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
what would you do if someone was trying to turn your children gay?

Are you serious?

What an ignorant statement.

You don't turn anyone gay.

However - - supporting young children who know they are "different" is vital.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I'm going to take a stab into the dark and guess why you felt this way...

You were surprised that the man turned out to be gay.

Then your mind thought "Oh, the movie is making a point that stereotypes are wrong."

Then... "I was wrong! Why was I wrong? I thought I wasn't a hypocrite?"

Then... "This is a complex idea because even I didn't think he was gay!"

Then... "And if it's tricky to me, what is my son going to make of it?"

Should we be teaching boys and girls complicated things that can even trick adults? If it can trick adults, how are kids going to do any better? It's like trying to tell a kid something that required 10-20 years for adults to learn. But their young minds absorb more than comprehend, right? A kid's mind is like a sponge and it sucks everything in. Where's the 10-20 years of learning????
edit on 19-8-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia

Because having children is the innate instinct to preserve one's own genetic material, or heritage... a form of immortality, and continued existence that all biological organisms seek.

Exactly.

There is not one unselfish reason to bring another child into this world.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

It is not hypocrisy is the assertion of your own values and expectations and a realization the culture around you is changing, I even dare to say in a very weird way that does not reflect the views of the majority of those that populate it but probably (I do not have numbers to support this, only my personal view) the majority of the producers of cultural products or those that control that production and diffusion.

Especially in the US media (series), I have found that the politically correctness and representation of minorities tends to be very unbalanced, racial or sexual in a way that they force the consumers segment the products in place of permitting an normal acculturation of new trends.

One can see for instance a similitude with this vampire craze that is going around, or to a lesser degree to the zombie meme. As soon as a product / concept seems to have a success of acceptance the cultural industry starts to flood to market with the same type of product and ideas...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Are you serious?

Yes.

What an ignorant statement.

What ignorance in calling my question a statement.

You don't turn anyone gay.

I've never tried, to be honest....

However - - supporting young children who know they are "different" is vital.

So, you would be okay if someone was trying to turn your children gay, gloria?
edit on 19-8-2012 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Exactly.

There is not one unselfish reason to bring another child into this world.

You sound like you would support a program of enforced homosexuality as population reduction.

what about wanting another human being to experience the joys of existence?
edit on 19-8-2012 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join