It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They will take your guns, and no, ... you are not going to do anything about it"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
They can't even win an illegal war against a bunch of sandrats in the mideast and their "Urban" environment is noting compared to ours. Our buildings and housing is so populated and dense that they would have 2 options....

1.) annihilate everyone and everything with bombs

or

2.) engage in building to building and house to house fighting.

Honestly picture this in NYC or any other major city in America. They wouldn't have a chance between the overwhelming force of guns, boobytraps and anything anyone could imagine.

The fighting would be something they literally have and could never train for on such a large scale.

We don't live in sand huts scattered across the desert..............Just saying

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The military won't raid peoples houses. In general, the grunts are on your side. Officers may be all for it, but they'd become victims of mutiny.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I promise the police will be the first people to protect gun rights....cause .....we aint giving up our guns that is for sure!

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
it is never going to happen how many guns in america ? it would be a bloodbath you americans are nuts when it comes to guns the death toll would be in the high millions plus the rest of the world would be right behind you but its good for gun & ammo sales

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

the law makers will only shut down the ammo,they would never try walking into your house.
when bill & monica was in office he said we will not take your family airloom dont worry, we will just stop makeing the bullet & that little cap that makes it go bang.. not in thows words but he made his pont clear to get over it..
so buy ammo it will be on a high demand...
if they go as far as marshal law & take my guns i would give them up to live.
i love bombs, hehe,lol & im just one nut in the American family tree,lol

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
They aren't going to take your guns. The NRA (corporate gun lobby) is far too powerful in Washington.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by madenusa

they made hand guns illegal over here in the uk & getting a licence for a shotgun near impossible for the slightest thing you loose it . mind you all it takes is 1 phone call ,i have a collection hidden away that an american would be proud off & the ammo ps its worth learning to reload your own
all the family are poachers

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
They aren't going to take your guns. The NRA (corporate gun lobby) is far too powerful in Washington.

Now that is one thing I can agree with you on. As of right now...I believe you are 100% correct and that is probably one of the main reasons more effort hasn't been made. If the NRA falls...that's a whole other ball game IMO.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by geobro

they made hand guns illegal over here in the uk & getting a licence for a shotgun near impossible for the slightest thing you loose it . mind you all it takes is 1 phone call ,i have a collection hidden away that an american would be proud off & the ammo ps its worth learning to reload your own
all the family are poachers

how do you reload your own when they outlaw the little fireing cap??
my state requires a licence with a back ground check.
all the family have been in war.we have seen what our lawmakers can do for our safety.good luck hunting,lol

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

I have to point out to you propulsion, that I can't help but notice everybody is "conveniently" missing your post

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
But in order for them to do this, it immediately implies several things. First, the second amendment would have to be overturned.

Of course you're right about that, which is why I'm convinced that first they will cut off food, water, and utilities. They will just wait for people to get violent, then martial law will be declared. Confiscation will be voluntary at first, offering food, water, medicine, etc. for guns. Then when they've starved us out of as many guns as they can, forceable confiscation will take place.

The other problem is that banning guns will severely affect a whole lot of military themselves, and they better realize that the very act of doing this will likely split the military branches itself in half.

I come from a miliary family and I've seen the brainwashing that takes place in the military. IMO there will be three types reactions from people in the military - The first will blindly follow orders, and be happy to do so, the second won't like what's happening but will feel that for their family's sake they have no choice but to follow orders, and the third will refuse to follow orders. I believe that the vast majority of them will fall into the second category.

Then there's always the chance that UN troops will be called in to enforce martial law under the excuse that our troops are all fighting in the Middle East. Since Washington has succeeded in making Americans the most despised people in the world, especially because they've demonized gun ownership, who outside the U.S. is going to voice any opposition?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
I've been saying this all along.

You don't buy a gun without dreaming about shooting somebody. Those who say "you'll pry my gun from my cold dead fingers" are suicidal.

What kind of asinine statement is that? I have bought MANY firearms and never "thought about shooting somebody". It's was not the precursor to ANY firearm purchase.

I have never seen in all my days any object some people are so afraid of.
Many other devices kill many more people than guns do EVERY year. These people are not afraid of swimming pools, automobiles or mosquitoes (unless it's maybe the Sig .22 caliber Mosquito
)

Simple irrational fear that instead of trying to control or overcome they choose to accommodate it by telling others they should be afraid also.

I had better wrap a chain around the gun safe and lock it because the evil guns might crawl out at night and kill me in my sleep.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

my dad can get his hands on anything bud

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

Can't get his hands on me

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

Well, maybe he can

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

You don't buy a gun without dreaming about shooting somebody. Those who say "you'll pry my gun from my cold dead fingers" are suicidal.

I don't think you really know what you are talking about. Not everyone who wants to protect themselves from our so called "police," and "military," are suicidal. These are people who are willing to die for their rights and their own happiness and beliefs. The people in this country who are supposed to be "protecting" the people, are now starting to "control," the people with their weapons. Which tells me one thing, they are truly powerless without them and they know it. They know how they will get over thrown if they don't take our weapons and means of protection ..there is way more of us than them. I don't own a gun but I know many people who do and some of them are the best people I have ever met and would not kill a single person unless they were in great danger.

And for those who believe the military would stand up against their friends and family and country, to kill for the government. You are CRAZY. Yes, some are brainwashed into doing whatever they are told and they will, but majority would run to their families side to take what they have learned and protect their own.

Good will always over come evil, but in order for the good to come we have to get through the bad.
This is the beginning and it's not close to being over. Unfortunately there will be lots of people who get hurt and killed for their families and their rights that are trying to be taken away from them.

We all know how out of control things are getting, and if you don't and can't see it yet ...just wait, in time it will hit the fan.

On the brighter side, it won't last forever that way ....the time will come that we can enjoy our lives without fear, once again.

I find that more and more people are getting anxiety by just seeing the cops because of the horrible things they are doing to people AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT!

It won't last forever ........Thank the Universe.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
reply to post by camaro68ss

What I'm really afraid of, and trying to figure out how to defeat/disappear from, is FLIR systems. In the event that it's a bug-out situation, I have a good place to go with supplies that is remote, but staying invisible to FLIR systems is what I'm trying to work out now.

Any suggestions?

space blanket

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Come and take them".

This is my favorite quote. Hands down my favorite phrase every uttered by a human being. Come and take them.

I think we have to walk tall and stand firm in the face of any firearm confiscation threat. I was too young the last time a federal firearm ban happened and those old enough to fight for me and my rights let me down and failed to pass the torch of liberty. They let it dim out into the blackness of a police state. The ban sunset thankfully.

Words like "Lost them in a boating accident" or "bury them" tells me a lot about the last generation and how we lost so much ground. They might as well have buried their heads in the sand right along with their rights and firearms.

I can assure you that when it is my generations turn to give up more ground to a police state I will stand up and fight even if I stand alone. Even If I am accused of terrorism, treason, insurgency or whatever horrid label that can be affixed to my name.

I will carry the torch of liberty as long as I can. I will not allow it to darken into the blackness of a police state.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Ha!! your so wrong.... Maybe you should read up on Waco!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join