It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They will take your guns, and no, ... you are not going to do anything about it"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123
Man I just don't get it, some of you guys are so obsessed with weapons. Its like its been forgotten that there are many more important things in life.

To be honest I think the paranoia about evil people coming to take guns away is just bunk and scaremongering.

I guess some people have too much time on their hands....

I could probably understand a response such as the one I quoted if there was not already a precedence set for gun confiscation. People claim it is all bunk and it could never happen, but the truth is- IT HAS HAPPENED ALREADY and like it or not, with the right catalyst it will happen again.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
He's right because we've lost the ability to take care of ourselves.
Too dependant on grocery stores, or shopping malls...

I just talked to my grandmother yesterday about how she used to live off the land.
People today don't know the meaning of that phrase and could care less.
They are completely dependant on the same system that will take everything they own.

I, on the other hand, do know the meaning and am ready to walk away.

Go ahead and take our guns. I can't use them when ammo runs out anyways.
Instead of wasting these past few years on frivolous things...I've been building skills.
Skills that may allow me to survive without all the "conveniences" of todays system.
If it gets that far, I'm giving up on this system anyways.
Plus, if they come for the guns...the S will hit the F.
That will be the spark.

Either way I could care less.
Its time to get back to nature.
Nature doesn't make you pay taxes.
It doesn't require money to survive.

Honestly, neither do we.
(but the gov't wouldn't want you to think that)

Not all of s are dependent on the system and society for survival,I know plenty of people who supplement over half of their food off the land and I am one of those people. Goose season opened Wednesday here and we (myself and sons) have been stocking up on some tasty, hormone, and preservative free food since Wednesday. The daily limit on geese this year is 15 per person, we went out today and bagged 28 and since Wednesday we have gotten over 50. Its not just the meat that we use either, when we plug them we save all the down and feathers since they make great pillows and insulation for clothing for our winter clothes.

Grouse, pheasant and duck season will start in about 3 weeks and deer archery starts the 31st. We can get 3 pheasant and 3 grouse per person per day and will get our 3 deer and 2 elk this year also. Combine this with our veggies from our garden and the probably 75 lbs of various fish (pike, walleye, salmon) that we've caught and have in the freezer and it can easily be said that we probably get 80% of our food off the land.

We smoke, jerk and pickle cure most of our meat and can our veggies or store them in the cellar so even if we lost power and couldn't run a freezer it would keep.

I do feel bad for the people that don't have the ability to live like we do, in a SHTF or economic collapse scenario they will have it real rough. There are also as you said, many many people that cannot provide for themselves and have no knowledge or desire to do so.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
It really depends on whats going on. If they do it pre SHTF then yeah, ill do my best to hide a few guns but for the most part its me vs. 7 army dudes then yeah, they will take my guns with no oposition.

But if its post SHTF and our retreat is orginized with our planned check points and 100+ retreat members then things might be different. at that point, if they take your guns, you'll be dead in weeks anyways.

I've already lived through this post Hurricane Katrina. First thing that will happen is a large portion of the cops that are left to deal with the public will become corrupt. They will take the guns, give no receipts no matter if there is martial law or a real call for collecting the guns or not. Second thing that will happen is lawlessness will spread like wildfire and those who gave up their guns will become victims. Third thing that will happen is those who left guns behind will have their homes broken into and the guns stolen. Forth thing that will happen is a few who kept and hid the guns will be survivors of criminal attacks - and seeing this, the cops still might or might not take the guns from you.

I saw all this happen during Katrina It happened to me, and in and around my condo complex as well as many other places in the greater New Orleans area. I was a victim then. I didn't have a gun, cops were too few and far between and they didn't give a crap about the people anyway. It took me getting blinded in one eye by a thug ( who had previously been in prison and had multiple past charges for domestic violence ( they kept letting him out) ) and reporting that this fellow and his friends had broken into other condo's and stolen guns, before the cops would show up.

Now I have a gun. Am I going to give it up? Hell No. Best thing you can do is NOT have a gun you have to register. (don't live in a place where registration is required) Don't have a concealed carry permit. Don't buy a gun from a gun dealer or anywhere you have to apply for a back ground check before you can buy the gun. It's legal in the USA to buy guns from any private person in your state with no background check or having to submit any paperwork to the government.

I live in a place where my handgun is legal without any paperwork, no registration or permit needed for this semi automatic weapon. I can legally carry this gun on my hip or in my car with no permit. No one has to know I even own this gun. Once they do, once it's on paper, you can be traced and if they want to come for your gun, they will.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Tell me, how are they going to stop a big group of people like a militia with nothing but automatic weapons and grenades....blow the building up? They can't take our guns there will be a cival war.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

The people of iraq and afghanistan have guns and rocket propelled grenades and they are not having much success. See there are these new things called drones.. they can light you up without you knowing.

all they have to do is label the militia home grown terrorists after they light them up.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

More guns than ever is one of the reasons that they haven't tried to come after them.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Sure I will.

I will go to my 3d printer, and print more guns.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

They can't take our guns there will be a cival war.

Give our government more credit than that; they are much more insidious and sly than people think. No, trying to seize our firearms would be very difficult, and quite frankly, a socio-politico nightmare. What the government will do is make ammunition more difficult to purchase and sell. There are a variety ways in which they could do this: exceeding high sales tax, special permits, clauses, disposal methods, eliminate online sales, etc, etc. Soon enough the average citizen would not be able to afford enough ammunition to make owning that firearm beneficial. A gun without ammunition is nothing more than a brick.

Think about it. This would be a great issue to get both political parties to agree on something. A totally partisan vote. There are enough sly politicians, judges, and lawyers, eh, I mean criminals, in Washington to do a run-end-around on The Constitution to avoid trampling all over the 2nd Amendment.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Already being done in some places. The price of ammo is rediculous and as for reloading? You can get the brass easy enough, you can get the powder, it's not cheep but it cna be had, the primers on the other hand are taxed out of this world and require a seperate permit in some cases.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

You honestly think that? Really?

You've a very dark view of people, my friend.

I'd venture to guess that many, if not most, do no such thing. No way of knowing, of course, since none of us are mind readers.

Yes, I own a gun that is for self defense, but I certainly don't dream of shooting people with it, quite the opposite, in fact...I'd be just as pleased as could be to never have to even contemplate doing so...

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

Uuumm Those drones are useless if you have no targets. If people have learned anything from the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq is that the American military is obsolete when it comes to urban fighting. You can pour as much money as you want in tanks, weapons, and defense but those things are useless when it comes to IED's or car bombs. IED's costs less than $100 to make and can cause some serious damage.

The US has failed miserably because they didn't know their enemy. If they implement any tactics at home they still won't know who their enemy is because they blend in to society. The 20th century military is useless in the 21st.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123
Man I just don't get it, some of you guys are so obsessed with weapons. Its like its been forgotten that there are many more important things in life.

To be honest I think the paranoia about evil people coming to take guns away is just bunk and scaremongering.

I guess some people have too much time on their hands....

Once you own a gun, learn how to use it, and give it the respect it deserves you will see how important it is......... The government can try to take our guns away but it will not work. Yes the Army has missiles, bullet proof vest, tanks etc. but behind those tanks and missiles are PEOPLE like us controlling them, we have more weapons, ammo and people than our US army.

All I can say is it will be a very bad war if they decide to take our guns away, we can buy high power rifles, automatic weapons, canons etc etc. Bullet proof vest you can buy them online.

Come and get them

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by scorpiosin

There was little resistance when they did the gun grab in New Orleans during Katrina from the coverage I saw.

Very little resistance.

An old lady cried and some guy had to be cuffed.

Other than that everyone complied only to approach the issue later in court.

For those people the world was pretty much ending around them and nobody put up a fight.

If a city underwater, rampant looting, cops killing innocent people and the national guard marching through your street doesnt compel one to act what would?

Worse even is the confiscators admitting what they were doing was wrong yet they went right ahead and followed orders.

If Katrina was a trial run they succeeded and we failed.
edit on 17-8-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

This is because was only one area, for a limited time. Try to take the guns from ALL USA and you will see another ending to the story.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheJourney
People who believe in gun rights are obsessed with guns...

I mean, why do you need them? Only government needs guns. We know that the government always has our best interests at heart, unlike the people who don't have power over us. Why would we possibly not want the government to own all weapons, and have unlimited power that can never be opposed? You guys are crazy...

You are kidding right? I mean saying this "We know that the government always has our best interests at heart" make me laugh so hard that I cried.

Once you experience a home invasion and your sister, daughter gets raped in front of you and you cant do anything about it, you will see why owning a gun is so important........ You wont believe how many people I see in gun shows or gun stores buying their first gun with a similar story.

There is a lot of BAD PEOPLE out there.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
reply to post by votan

Uuumm Those drones are useless if you have no targets. If people have learned anything from the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq is that the American military is obsolete when it comes to urban fighting. You can pour as much money as you want in tanks, weapons, and defense but those things are useless when it comes to IED's or car bombs. IED's costs less than $100 to make and can cause some serious damage.

The US has failed miserably because they didn't know their enemy. If they implement any tactics at home they still won't know who their enemy is because they blend in to society. The 20th century military is useless in the 21st.

unlike in afghanistan or iraq they have a rough idea of who is in a militia, and where the individuals work and live. They have more information on us than they do on Iraq and afghanistan "insurgents/freedom fighters". The usa government knows who their enemy is here in their country.

There is tighter grip on us here in the USA than in those countries you brought up. If you try to militarize against teh government here you will just be labeled as a terrorist. They will find you and smoke you. If they can't find you then people who still buy into the government will turn you in. And lets say the government is not successful. The country will end up looking like iraq and afghanistan. either way both the government and the people here lose. At that point our country will be taken over by a foreign nation that will send humanitarian aid, a military presence to topple the tyrannical government or to crush the insurgency.. followed by corporations to help rebuild the infrastructure destroyed during the confilict... sound familiar???
edit on 20-8-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC
reply to post by Cosmic911

Already being done in some places. The price of ammo is rediculous and as for reloading? You can get the brass easy enough, you can get the powder, it's not cheep but it cna be had, the primers on the other hand are taxed out of this world and require a seperate permit in some cases.

There you go! There are no limits what those thieves in Washington will do next. Most people will be completely blindsided when the government rolls out some of these news laws and regulations. If you're not paying attention to the small stuff, the big stuff is going to knock them right off their arses! They'll do all the mundane and insidious maneuvers now, which will allow them to conduct the outright and outragious right in front of us. We'll have no recourse but to submit and recoil.

posted on Aug, 22 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This has been an interesting topic this year for several reasons, given the multiple shootings, an election year, ect. The 2nd Amendment is a hot-topic regardless of what is going on in this nation. There is another thread on gun control on ATS, called "Is Gun Control The Answer?". Gun control will always be a polarized issued. There is a contributing ATS member named, SeesFar. She is Native American. She has some very insightful thoughts when it comes to individual and group rights, in particularly, she has commented on gun control. I have found her posts to be extremely important. I thought I would share some of SeesFar's post to this thread to further enhance it.

To limit any ONE thing in a certain category is to embark upon the progressively easier limitations of any and all other things in that category. Once one right is removed, it is progressively easier and easier to remove other rights. In order to protect our rights, it is necessary to view them as one big right ~ not a set or subset of smaller rights.

This statement really made me stop and think hard. It makes sense. Once you start removing rights from the individual, the easier it is to take more. Americans have short attention spans. We de-sensitive too easily. We are easy to stir, but poop out quickly.

Most importantly, to my mind, is that criminals have them (the military grade firearms) and will always have them. If criminals have them, then law abiding citizens need to be able to level the playing field by having legal access to them, too. You don't take a slingshot to a gun fight. It's proven that their is less criminal activity in open carry areas. Another poster on what is now (I believe) the previous page, wrote a well worded and quite informative post about the decrease in crime rates with open carry, i.e., a leveled playing field.

You cannot take one thing away from a people without eventually taking all things away from a people. I am Native American. Our People had everything taken away from them under the excuse of protecting us. First our lands, then our food sources, then our weapons and then, finally, those who could not escape and hide in plain sight by pretending to be white were put on Reservations. Even prior to that, once our weapons were gone, thousands upon thousands were massacred with better weapons. Read up on the Sand Creek Massacre.

When you allow a governmental entity to begin protecting you, you allow them to begin deciding your life.

I found this quote particularly insightful. This couldn't be more truthful. Under the guise of protecting us, the government is keeping us under their thumb.

IF you allow the government to take ONE more thing away from ANY American citizen, there will be no hope left. There is no hope on the Reservations. There is no hope in the ghettos and inner urban areas. The only hope left of any scale at all lies in the upper lower to lower upper classes. Take ONE more thing away from American citizens and it will launch an avalanche of a deterioration of rights. Look at the deterioration of rights that has occurred just due to the Transportation Security Authority. Have they secured anything? No. There is article after article proving that they are ineffective at anything other than stealing, humiliating, debasing and intimidating. What is the problem there?

Removal of any freedom begins the rapid descent into removal of ALL freedoms.

Probably the second most important quotes from SeesFar. Whether or not you support the 2nd Amendment is irrelevant, you must defend your rights in the Constitution. If its not the 2nd Amendment, it would be something else.

Are you one of the ones who believes America is a Democracy? We are NOT a Democracy; we are a Constitutional Republic and it was set up that way because throughout history EVERY Democracy has always ended as a dictatorship.

Another ATS member brought up this fact, about America being a Constituional Republic. This is something I know little about but will read up on further.

I hope you enjoy your Reservation more than we have enjoyed ours.

And lastly, another important quote. Get ready to move into your brand new FEMA CAMP. I hear they have swing sets, just inside the ten feet high barbed wire fences!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join