It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They will take your guns, and no, ... you are not going to do anything about it"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So opines Jim Karger.

It's really more of a "get off your ass" kind of pep talk than an outright admission of defeat.

Citing the ongoing militarization of local police, the efficiency of military raids abroad and the recent suspicious government planning for uprising Karger makes the claim that folks will either bend over and take it or die pointlessly for some virtual cause only they believe in.

If the federal government decides to disarm the public, and when the increasingly-militarized rolls down your street after a not-so-subtle request that you kindly turn over your firearms and ammunition “for the common good,” it will be nothing less than suicide by cop to do anything other than what you are told.

You are not going to take on a platoon of Marines with state-of-the-art automatic weapons and the best body armor you cannot buy protected by armed personnel carriers and attack helicopters unless you choose to die that day — for nothing. You will either be in the country or out, and if you are in, you will stay in and you will comply.

Link

I suppose reading it and getting mad is appropriate. But mad at who? Jim for his article? The government for instigating? The hoplophobes for making enemies out of people who just want to be left alone? Your neighbor who you expect will acquiesce rather than stand his ground? Maybe at yourself for being unsure of how you'd react? You have to protect your families after all and is a shootout with the cops in their best interest?
edit on 17-8-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
It really depends on whats going on. If they do it pre SHTF then yeah, ill do my best to hide a few guns but for the most part its me vs. 7 army dudes then yeah, they will take my guns with no oposition.

But if its post SHTF and our retreat is orginized with our planned check points and 100+ retreat members then things might be different. at that point, if they take your guns, you'll be dead in weeks anyways.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I suppose I will be "out" of the country then.

You are right. Reading and getting angry is appropriate. He makes good points but I just don't think everyone will hand them over that easily. If nothing else, folks will hide their weapons to keep from handing them over. A gun free America will never happen.

The threat of this even happening should piss everyone off IMO. Even those who don't like/own guns. You sit back for it today because it doesn't affect you... tomorrow it will be something that does affect you and you will be wondering why no one is standing for your rights.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Man I just don't get it, some of you guys are so obsessed with weapons. Its like its been forgotten that there are many more important things in life.

To be honest I think the paranoia about evil people coming to take guns away is just bunk and scaremongering.

I guess some people have too much time on their hands....

link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Definitely situation dependent.

I expect the first few in an organized confiscation who actually shoot back will just justify the confiscation process to the population.

"Look at the crazy person shooting a bunch of cops who are just doing their job" they'll say.

In fact, setting up a single home confiscation right now would probably work wonders to bolstering support for gun control should the unlucky target stand his ground.

link   
I've been saying this all along.

You don't buy a gun without dreaming about shooting somebody. Those who say "you'll pry my gun from my cold dead fingers" are suicidal.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by freethinker123

It would be if the other side felt the same way.

If there wasnt anybody out there concerned about my weapons then I wouldnt be concerned about somebody out there trying to take my weapons.

There are far more important things. That goes for both sides.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

What I'm really afraid of, and trying to figure out how to defeat/disappear from, is FLIR systems. In the event that it's a bug-out situation, I have a good place to go with supplies that is remote, but staying invisible to FLIR systems is what I'm trying to work out now.

Any suggestions?

And yes, as far as the OP, if they come for you and you haven't gotten the hell out of Dodge... you will not be able to resist and stay alive.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
If we each get one of them they will run out of people before we do

On a serious not while most will blindly follow orders there will be entire battalions that will not. While those in command are few and far between I have met 2 high ranking patriots in the last month. They can only climb the ladder as long as they are getting paid. They see the debt and know that the collapse is coming. They will be fighting amongst themselves as much as we will early on.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by freethinker123

It would be if the other side felt the same way.

If there wasnt anybody out there concerned about my weapons then I wouldnt be concerned about somebody out there trying to take my weapons.

There are far more important things. That goes for both sides.

I couldn't have said it better. Nobody used to sit around and talk about this because it was never a viable threat. Folks had guns. Other folks knew they had guns. Nobody cared. Now that the threat is real these same folks are being called gun nuts, etc. for wanting to do what they have always done without the threat of someone coming into their home and taking their personal property away from them.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123
Man I just don't get it, some of you guys are so obsessed with weapons. Its like its been forgotten that there are many more important things in life.

To be honest I think the paranoia about evil people coming to take guns away is just bunk and scaremongering.

I guess some people have too much time on their hands....

I dont know what country your from for but obviously you won’t understand because you don’t have the liberty’s like we do to understand. So it’s only rational for you to be anti-gun based off your non existing libertys

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
He's right because we've lost the ability to take care of ourselves.
Too dependant on grocery stores, or shopping malls...

I just talked to my grandmother yesterday about how she used to live off the land.
People today don't know the meaning of that phrase and could care less.
They are completely dependant on the same system that will take everything they own.

I, on the other hand, do know the meaning and am ready to walk away.

Go ahead and take our guns. I can't use them when ammo runs out anyways.
Instead of wasting these past few years on frivolous things...I've been building skills.
Skills that may allow me to survive without all the "conveniences" of todays system.
If it gets that far, I'm giving up on this system anyways.
Plus, if they come for the guns...the S will hit the F.
That will be the spark.

Either way I could care less.
Its time to get back to nature.
Nature doesn't make you pay taxes.
It doesn't require money to survive.

Honestly, neither do we.
(but the gov't wouldn't want you to think that)

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

You don't buy a gun without dreaming about shooting somebody. Those who say "you'll pry my gun from my cold dead fingers" are suicidal.

Obviously you know nothing about the 2nd amendment and you OBVIOUSLY don't know squat about gun ownership! I am certainly glad you don't own one! Then again, maybe that is why you feel the way you do?

As far as someone who is willing to fight tyranny and deciding to die to save our freedom, I can think of much more proper words than suicidal, especially when they will die for people like you......

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Its up to people if they want to fight for whats right or not, its not up to the government. Indeed, who the hell do others think they are laying down laws to suit themselves?

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I don't have any guns.
Jokes on them LOL

They are not going to take everyone's guns.
I've heard that for like 20 years. More guns out there than ever.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I Must agree, I own guns for 2 reasons, well 3. I can because it is my right, 2. I am an avid hunter. 3. I know the evils of the world being an exmilitary and police officer I would rather have it and never need it, then need it and be a defenseless victim.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine

What I'm really afraid of, and trying to figure out how to defeat/disappear from, is FLIR systems. In the event that it's a bug-out situation, I have a good place to go with supplies that is remote, but staying invisible to FLIR systems is what I'm trying to work out now.

Any suggestions?

And yes, as far as the OP, if they come for you and you haven't gotten the hell out of Dodge... you will not be able to resist and stay alive.

No offense Dreine, but posting that you have a Bug-out location with supplies on a open website is not what I would call "Flying under the radar."

OPSEC, Dude...OPSEC.

But as far as the OP states, they may take my guns, but a guy still has to eat. That is when you get old school with Bow and Arrow, ya know?

There is a primitive hunting style. People did it for years before the invention of gunpowder.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
That is just another inflammatory article meant to piss off even further those of us who already are, and have been stating so for years. But in order for them to do this, it immediately implies several things. First, the second amendment would have to be overturned. Because if they ban guns completely without doing that, then there is no question who the enemies of the people and of the constitution are at that point. And that includes those that would blindly follow orders to enforce it.

The other problem is that banning guns will severely affect a whole lot of military themselves, and they better realize that the very act of doing this will likely split the military branches itself in half. And so now you have the one side who says "no way", and the other ready to invade America for the cleansing.

Let them ban guns. Ha. Let them try. It would be an immediate civil war. And a civil war that will be fought with all or most of the current gun owners (millions), supplemented by veterans, and current military who would defect- and likely take some pretty serious weapons including tanks and planes and all kinds of things- with them.

It would be suicide for the government to try anything of the sort, imo.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
They will probably re instate the assult weapons ban

You won't be able to buy them anymore and have to register the ones you have with local police

Now the big question, to register or NOT to register??

Cus we all know what happends after registration, the local LEOs now will know who has them!!!

Be safe people
edit on 17-8-2012 by viperdave because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Why would it be you vs 7 army guys?

Wouldn't it be you.. your family, friends and neighbors, many of whom are ex-army guys? So it's be more like... 50 army guys vs 7 army guys.

TPTB would have to shut down the internet and phone lines before taking weapons in that fashion, other wise one facebook post and suddenly militias pop up outa nowhere.

The more likely course the Government would take is outlaw specific ammo, types of guns etc. Make it harder to sell, harder to get. Add huge taxes on licensing etc etc .. basically make it incredibly expensive and a hassle to own a weapon. Then when only a fraction of gun owners are left owning guns .. THEN take them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join