It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police enter Ecuadorian embassy building

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by mr-lizard

How does that effect his position now? Will he be entitled to diplomatic immunity?

I think one must come with the other in this case.

Otherwise he will never leave that apartment, they need to get him out of the country somehow.

Mickierocksman

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Basically it changes nothing.
As soon as Ecuador request passage out of the UK for him, it will be denied.
As soon as J.A. steps outside he would be arrested.
It's a stand-off.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
It is.. but obviously JA and the embasy arent dumb enough to just open the door walk one step and allow him to be taken..

... im kinda interested to see how they attempt to do it.

or will JA forever be known as the man who spends years locked in the embasy?...

hell, they could renovate and make him a loft!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plumbduff
It's a stand-off.

I thought with DI you did not need to request?

I'm probibly wrong.

M

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gekko

No they haven´t. I am watching this swedish newscrew reporting directly live from the embassy and the only news is that Assange just received asylum by the Equadorian Government. We´ll see how things develop from here.

live link

click on vid to see live.

Rumors are though that a british SAS team is soon to arrive for who knows what?

edit on 16-8-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Mickierocksman

Otherwise he will never leave that apartment, they need to get him out of the country somehow.

Put him in a box and ship UPS
Seriously box him up and transport via Ecuadorian plane or private jet. As part of a diplomats luggage/shipment.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Iamschist because: again to quote

link   
reply to post by Deedsy1

Explanation: ...

False flag attack against Ecuador next? That or Assange is a dead man...

Not a false flag attack ... maybe a real attack instead.

Because why would Ecuador attack anybody just now?

And furthermore any other country foolish enough to covertly try to make Ecuador look overtly militant right now has very little chance of pulling that wool over anybodies eyes since Ecuadors Ambassador just gave such a PROFOUND speech directly and publicly to the UK.

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps clear things up a bit.

edit on 16-8-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to ad the quote for clarity.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Don't worry stumason,he has only been given diplomatic asylum.
Soon as he tries to leave the building he will be arrested.He will
never make it to the airport.
We can all look forward to his extradition to the U.S.A via sweden
and then we can pat ourselves on the back,knowing that British
justice has been done.
Maybe we can all gather round the flagpole in your garden and have
a rousing chorus of God Save the Queen.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
From the BBC

from BBC: Our correspondent said they were delighted, but the UK government is insisting it changes nothing.

They will still seek to arrest him and they will not grant him safe passage. If he steps out, he will be arrested.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
It is.. but obviously JA and the embasy arent dumb enough to just open the door walk one step and allow him to be taken..

... im kinda interested to see how they attempt to do it.

or will JA forever be known as the man who spends years locked in the embasy?...

hell, they could renovate and make him a loft!

And they make sure there are no windows
- am sure
There will be a chunnel.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
A lot of people going to an aweful lot of trouble

There is way more to this

SAS?

Come one ..... Really

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Magma

And they make sure there are no windows
- am sure
There will be a chunnel.

Whats a 'chunnel'?

Sorry, just waiting for more news
or a gun fight.

M
edit on 16/8/2012 by Mickierocksman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

They'll find a way

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

If you watch the live broadcast link I gave you you can hear journalists in the background. One of them said something about SAS being on their way....I take that as a rumor and not fact. I doubt the british would storm the embassy. That would be an act of War. Considering the Argentians really hate the brits they would support Equador and so would the rest of south America.

The brits would probably be thrown out from every SA country should they storm the E embassy.

Cameron is playing a dangerous game here.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plumbduff
It's a stand-off.

That's true but I am getting the impression now that the UK government is getting really impatient with this p issing about. Could be end of diplomatic relations with Ecuador, for a while at least. Hardly a catastrophe for UK.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Is all this just an Obama needs a bump in the polls attempt?
did they think Here's our chance to get Assange to add it to the Bin Ladin feather in the cap. Ecaudor is a little country and we've got a debt card we can pull on them. and Ryan just gave Romney a big bump?

There was a memo that said all this was b/c of intense pressure from the Obama administration.

I'm no fan of either candidate, but this stinks of political maneuvering to me - and using an international powderkeg to do it? That's not wise Mr. Obama.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by gekko

Nice fluff, answer the question, how are the two comparable?

As for pillars of democracy, one of them is a Justice system that is fair for all. How is JA running to to a Foreign embassy to avoid facing charges against him fair? Can we all do that?

Because as we have seen clearly stated earlier what matters is the law of the host state. UK and US can bitch all they want about the Iran embassy incident, but being pro democracy doesn't exonerate anyone from trail and persecution if the host country's law can put a question mark on his or her actions.

We DONT get to judge wether a country has a sound law or not. That is one of the main reasons for so many quarrels in the world at this point. The US seem to think that their law is universal and they can do what the ever f they like.
But once the jig is the other way around, both they and the UK are fast at condemning and accusing the opposite part. I have NO respect for that!

In short... if the UK didn't like the Iranian "attack"... keep you co*** in your pants on this one and let it play out.
edit on 16/8/12 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
reply to post by magma

If you watch the live broadcast link I gave you you can hear journalists in the background. One of them said something about SAS being on their way....I take that as a rumor and not fact. I doubt the british would storm the embassy. That would be an act of War. Considering the Argentians really hate the brits they would support Equador and so would the rest of south America.

The brits would probably be thrown out from every SA country should they storm the E embassy.

Cameron is playing a dangerous game here.

Guess where the next olympics are?

The cat is out of the bag and topend execs are wetting their pants

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
In my opinion Assange isn't really all that, a bit of a poser, BUT there is something about him that draws me to him. Somewhat charasmatic.

I tell you, he'll be pretty safe today. i mean if he just, oh accidently did something stupid and he died could you imagine the outrage. i mean we remember the riots in England last year? The man has a lot of followers. Call them what you want.

Really wanted an early night tonight, but i notice ABC Australia is covering it. Some action would be interesting.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
could he already have left.. only to appear via 'video-link' in a lit up room laughing on the internet in the next 24hrs..

a helicopter seems the best, but what standard operating procedure is in place to bring down a helicopter by force in a cbd area?

are the Ecuador guards legally allowed to shoot? would the British shoot if someone stormed one of their embassies abroad to arrest someone?

tunnels, well i imagine the UK would have all maps and understandings of whats happening under or around that building... also, the tunnel must come out somewhere, and he cant walk to Ecuador... he needs an airfield or a seaport.. there cant be too many around in the area.. are there?

the poor bug'r stands out too, its not like bright white hair is common...
.... maybe it would be as simple as shaving his head, drumming up the crowd, pleading for all rioters and anon fans from the London area to descend... then putting a anon mask on, and walk into the fray!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join