It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police enter Ecuadorian embassy building

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesGC
In my opinion Assange isn't really all that, a bit of a poser, BUT there is something about him that draws me to him. Somewhat charasmatic.

I tell you, he'll be pretty safe today. i mean if he just, oh accidently did something stupid and he died could you imagine the outrage. i mean we remember the riots in England last year? The man has a lot of followers. Call them what you want.

Really wanted an early night tonight, but i notice ABC Australia is covering it. Some action would be interesting.

It's his intelligence & passion for his cause. The man is *SMART*. Wicked smart.
People can hate him, call him a coward, whatever they want to do, but I doubt they'd stand up to him at a chalkboard with a math or programming problem. It doesn't always show, but before he started wikileaks, he inspired a whole generation of hackers.
That's why so many hackers are behind him.

It's not his looks, or his 'sex appeal.' I don't see any. The Ecuadorian president though, he be lookin' fine. Watch out, beauty and brains teaming up.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by JamesGC

The FM said that if Assange was extradited to the U.S., he would be tried by a military tribunal. He says that Assange must answer to allegations in Sweden but has not been afforded his full rights in the case.

"Asylum ... is a human privilege that is fundamental... based on the foundation of human protection, and their should be no distinction... Asylum belongs to the set of rules that should be recognized at an international level and it overrides local regulations."

The FM said that the rights for political asylum, citing several international pieces of legislation, override any other treaty that opposes them.

"The government of Ecuador wants to highlight that the rules stated in these tools are above any ... local regulations. Based on intangible rights and values, against unilateral attitudes by states, this should strengthen international politics."

He says the UK never showed a willingness to reach an agreement.

"Ecuador made it clear to Sweden that we wanted to have an interview with them and we didn't want to interfere with whatever is happening there. Sweden didn't accept our proposal. Ecuador requested some guarantees from Sweden that Assange would not be [sent] to the United States, and they denied."

"We trust that the UK will offer the necessary guarantees so that both governments can act properly, respecting international rights and the rights of asylum. And we trust that the excellent relationship between the two countries will remain intact."

Link

It seems to me Equador does not piss their pants in fear whenever 10 Bilderberg Street is demanding Bilderberg Law for all its memberstates including those it has failed to corrupt with one of its many Hydra organizations (CFR, IMF, BoE ECB FED etc).

edit on 16-8-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesGC
In my opinion Assange isn't really all that, a bit of a poser, BUT there is something about him that draws me to him. Somewhat charasmatic.

I tell you, he'll be pretty safe today. i mean if he just, oh accidently did something stupid and he died could you imagine the outrage. i mean we remember the riots in England last year? The man has a lot of followers. Call them what you want.

Really wanted an early night tonight, but i notice ABC Australia is covering it. Some action would be interesting.

I wonder what the British public thinks about this, it truly is insane. Has the Western civilization reached its peak? Not long ago Western nations gave other people asylum, now Westerners are seeking asylum from what people regard as third world countries.

WOW.. I guess this is the downward spiral of Western civilization.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by insaan

These are pre-reminiscent signs like the ones before the great collapse 1929. Our politicians have gone totally insane. The people that elects them in a split second cant be said to be much wiser. The banks steal everything in sight and when a source like Assange tries to show this and requests asylum...the public demands him thrown to the lions just to enjoy a brief spectacle.

Can you spell "the last days of Rome"?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It's amazing to me how the US is looking like China in this one.

Ecuador is taking the moral high ground.
That's not a good sign that the US will stay on top of anything, except for maybe poor UK.

I'm embarrassed for the UK and AU.

As for the US, it sorta feels like we're the rich boy that has to buy all our friends, because all we do when we get a friend is expect them to kiss our boots.

Whole thing is...icky. As in, has the west lost it's respect for the law? Is this really about Assange is a bad guy or is it more about Assange really embarrassed some of our elite?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Oh, we was wll loved before this wjhole Wikileaks made him mainstream.

They often had him national press Club on the ABC more than a few years ago. I never knew who he was than, but he controlled the room very very well.

it's not just being smart, his got game.

This said, what happens from now till whenever is the real time for him to show himself. Anything equal or less than before this will not be enough. IF he can get through this, well...he'll have my attention inv the future. IF he gets a chance, which i'm not sure.

I don't really think they care about this whole thing. he may have/might not have done they just wanted to completely stop the momentum he had going, which for a lot of people has actually happened. How do you kill something, Overkill the public with fake or real information over and over juntil the mass don't care.

Not so much for open minded people, but the masses of sheep.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Oh come on. He is innocent of the sex charges. He is accused of having sex (not forcibly) with a girl that was sleeping naked in bed with him because they had sex the previous night.

This isn't about his "sex by surprise" and you know it. Also I am fairly certain that inside the embassy it is considered Ecuadorian land even if it is in Britain and it is illegal for them to do this.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
reply to post by insaan

These are pre-reminiscent signs like the ones before the great collapse 1929. Our politicians have gone totally insane. The people that elects them in a split second cant be said to be much wiser. The banks steal everything in sight and when a source like Assange tries to show this and requests asylum...the public demands him thrown to the lions just to enjoy a brief spectacle.

Can you spell "the last days of Rome"?

Sorry I'm not good at spelling

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The AU government are showing their true colours (which all Aussies already know) and that they are disgusting, careless trash.

When young people get busted taking 10 kilos of coke into a country they fight for them. They fight for a true criminal. Yet right now our government doesn't give a crap about Assange. For therm, he is absolutely guilty and you might as well lock him up and don't forget the AU government is in bed the the US, so by no means would they even think of stopping this.

Disgusting.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
If they go in and get him, the world is likely to resound with the blowback! Every country on earth knows you don't forcibly go in to someones Embassy. This could lead to the dissolution of all Embassies on a global scale. That would be an end to real diplomacy.

On the other hand Julian is a smart guy. I would not be surprised if he is already out of Britain. It would seem logical that he went in the front door, jumped in the back seat of a car with a blanket over him, and was driven to the airport and boarded a private plane that took off.

If Britain does go in, they may end up with scrambled eggs all over their faces.

The world is watching, there will be significant blowback, even if they do nothing else, the blowback will come. It is enough that they have said they have the right.

The PM , nowhere in sight, will have to find a scapegoat if this ends badly. Now, who will that be I wonder! Talk about political suicide.

P

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Eh.. it's obvious you dislike the guy as it is also obvious that these are unusual circumstances. He didn't skip bail because of a rape charge. Everyone knows that, everyone knows what this has always been about since the charges came about. The governments needed a way to get him in custody and needed an excuse to stop his country hopping.
C'mon, just because there is an argument to be made doesn't mean it is necessary nor does it make you look particularly intelligent for acknowledging/making it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Well the Olympics are over now, and after knowing what it's like to have a games close and leave you (Sydney 2000), what better way to have the world on you than this.

Funny it happened now, and not during. Not even a week has passed.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

exactly....you know how many diplomats in hostile countries will pack their things and get out in a heartbeat....

not like the UK has history on its side, and well, they are still a global presence by proxy so.....

they better be ready to forget diplomatic immunity with all south America, Asia and many others....China just held a trial for one of the UK´s diplomats killed by a Chinese couple....that would happen more often and in their homes, work....ect...

They need to obey THEIR rules....or no one has to.

edit on 16-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Milkflavour

Originally posted by wiser3
I am not saying the man is innocent or guilty but

Is the man really REALLY guilty of the crime of rape?

To my untrained brain the only answer I can give is an emphatic NO!

At the time of the initial report there may have been insufficient evidence, now there MAY be sufficient evidence or new questions as a result of new information from an ongoing investogation, that they need to ask him.... If not, then why are Sweden looking to have him retured there?

Like I said above, maybe Equador have a damn good reason to believe (as in more than just suspicion, actual evidence maybe?) that there are no charges to be answered and that this is political... In which case they should lay it all out on the table and make their case publicly. That's my distinctly uninformed opinion on the matter anyway. I'm sure it's much more complex than that...

Maybe there was NO evidence and now MAYBE enough time has passed for the "evidence", which didn't and possibly does not exist, to have been "created" by those who need the evidence to get him where they want him!

Why has Sweden not taken up on one of the so many offers to question him? Just the fact that they have refused every offer so far puts a huge question mark on the whole scenario as far as I am concerned!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma
So the next news we hear is he resisted arrest, pulled a gun and was subsequentially shot dead inside the embassy.

Watch this space

You will hear the odd story about him and he will soon be forgotten about to rot in a cell.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
If they go in and get him, the world is likely to resound with the blowback! Every country on earth knows you don't forcibly go in to someones Embassy. This could lead to the dissolution of all Embassies on a global scale. That would be an end to real diplomacy.

The PM , nowhere in sight, will have to find a scapegoat if this ends badly. Now, who will that be I wonder! Talk about political suicide.

P

Exactly, and at least one UK politician has said that all this came from intense pressure from the Obama administration. I can't believe this story is not bigger. I'm no fan of Romney or Obama, but the Romney camp could use this to make the Obama camp look unwise and like they are trying to gain political points at the expense of the UK's reputation and maybe even world peace (or what there is of it left.)

It seems to me that poltically, Ecaudor is trying to show the world a way out. IE as attention turns to Ecaudor, people might notice that they said "these are not our debts, those are debts from corrupt politicians of the past, we don't acknowlege this!" and also, it might bring to light that even a 'free' media can be a bought and paid for media, that doesn't serve the people.

This could be a HUGE misstep for Obama. Republicans could paint him as trying to hard to be strong that he damages peace by ignoring law and decorum. Of course they don't have a stellar record on those things either, because they'd have killed Bin Ladin without a trial and were the ones on TV yelling let's go murder Assange.

Could be a total disaster. And for what? What are the motives to enter this particular standoff? Do they make sense? Are they wise? Are they based on personal feelings (embarrassment, ambition, revenge) or some moral principle?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by FFS4000
This is so wrong on so many levels, if we go in we are technically invading another country.

No, it isn't at all. The Embassy remains British territory at all times.

First of all, even if we're not talking about a "law" here, we are talking about a convention that has been respected for a long time. This convention allows US embassy's to have US soldiers inside it. And thousands of refugees around the world, have gotten refuge from persecution, because they've been able to hide inside embassies. And every country, has respected the convention. Everything inside the embassy is not under your juristiction ... even if you haven't said out loud, that this is foreign soil ... you have foresworn all juristiction to it, and given total immunity to the representatives while there.

If britain enters the embassy, they violate the Vienna convention and open up a doorway for all nations to do the same. In future, your Embassy will not be safe on foreign soil ... the convention simplay states, you will foreswear to enter ... as the opposing party will do the same.

You broke the rules, no British Embassy will be safe again.

Enjoy the world, while you live in it as the supreme command ... because the day will come, that you will lose your position, and with it ... you will lose your rights.
edit on 16/8/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana

This could be a HUGE misstep for Obama. Republicans could paint him as trying to hard to be strong that he damages peace by ignoring law and decorum. Of course they don't have a stellar record on those things either, because they'd have killed Bin Ladin without a trial and were the ones on TV yelling let's go murder Assange.

Could be a total disaster. And for what? What are the motives to enter this particular standoff? Do they make sense? Are they wise? Are they based on personal feelings (embarrassment, ambition, revenge) or some moral principle?

This is no misstep for Obama. The US is after Assange, because they want his sources. Even an idiot, should realise that.

This is a misstep for Sweden ... a misstep so huge, I don't think the Swedes have an intellectual capacity of understanding the world of poo they're entering. You think anyone is out there, thinking this was some Giant Nuclear Condom ... rape charges themselves have always been flaky, but this ... it's beyond absurdity.

Can you imagine any man on earth, NOT seeing the Swedes as "traitors" in future?

edit on 16/8/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

With Carl Bildt, Swedish FM, at the top of the Bilderberg pyramide, Sweden, and Swedish law is directly subject to Bilderberg law, that is, they follow the voice of their master. In sweden that voice is Carl Bildt. On his behest a once peace loving country like Sweden sent troops to Afghanistan. One could say the same thing about Cameron and UK.

Assange has something this elite desperatly wants to erase. Something really bad and for which they are ready to end diplomatic relations with greater part of South America and even start a war if necessary.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
reply to post by bjarneorn

Assange has something this elite desperatly wants to erase. Something really bad and for which they are ready to end diplomatic relations with greater part of South America and even start a war if necessary.

This is very astute and to the point! Also a scary thought!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join