It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is definitely up. They DID take down those Mars Curiosity thumbnails. Proof:

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I see a human finger on the left side of the pic! I can't get it out of my head. Finger nail and all.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It probably has something to do with the fact that they have been reorganizing things. It wouldn't make much sense to "take them down" since the images are all over the web already.

Give it a little time. It will get sorted out.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

I don't know man,I think you're just trying to make something out of nothing. I'm on the 3rd page of your other thread..I'm not really sure why you started this one when you could've just added this to that one.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
But the image is on Wikipedia. How? Why?

If they were hiding something, then why is the missing thumbnail there and why was it removed in the first place? Why were ALL of those high resolution images removed? I'm going to try to get this new image into my panorama...

And to the lady who was offended by the spammer and some of us guys "admiring" her (the woman in the image) - I do apologize on behalf of myself and the others who I'm sure didn't mean it like that. Hey - we are men, but you're right. I'm sorry.

But it was hysterical.
edit on 8/15/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

I wasn't offended that the guys would admire her. I would have been shocked to my toes if you had not. I am no switch hitter so it didn't do a thing for me.

No apology necessary... next time maybe we will get some pics of Jack Sparrow or something.

BTW, I meant to ask why you thought they were after you? I may have missed it somewhere. I saw the panoramic you posted...is that it alone? Or is there more?

link   

Originally posted by DeliriumAquarium
Two things:

1. I see nothing in that photo that isn't viewable in abundance in all the other photos, and
2. Why would NASA plan and publicly announce a mission to mars if they had something to cover up there?

I assure you if it was something like, life or evidence of water, they would be quick to announce it.

They already have announced strong evidence for past water and possible frozen water at the poles. Hell, look at the mission goals.

So what would they gain from a cover up?

I think there is a more down to earth explanation for all you have been experiencing. You may have been "censored" because the file size you tried to submit was huge. Also the possibility that whoever doesn't want to be held liable if it turned out something was altered in some way.
edit on 15-8-2012 by DeliriumAquarium because: atrocious spelling

edit on 15-8-2012 by DeliriumAquarium because: and grammar

You make sense. What would they gain?

And no - It's not about what's IN the photo. It's ABOUT the photo.

link   

link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
I see a human finger on the left side of the pic! I can't get it out of my head. Finger nail and all.

i see the finger too! curiouser and curiouser!!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
That one small rock by the tire track looks like a washed rock! A washed rounded rock shows water erosion usually! Looks like they may be trying to cover that up, or something about the rover itself.

Just my guess!

looks like it could be a shell.... if the image was a little more higher in res!!!

edit on 15-8-2012 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

I SEE IT TOO! I have stared at the pic since it has been posted trying my hardest to find something. I got nothing. You said that...and BAM! Now it is all I can see. It looks just like a finger with the nail!!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Hello hello hello, WTF is this blurred part of this photo that is supposed to be hi-res??

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I don't know if anyone is after me.

I'm just saying weird things are happening and I'm documenting them in these threads.

Ok, I will try to re-simplify the OP.

In a nutshell, a few days ago I was at the NASA site where the images are.
There are two types of images - low resolution and high resolution.
As I got to the site, they were all low resolution images (thumbnails), but high resolution images (subframes) were being added every time I refreshed the page. So I started to download all of them starting at the bottom.
To make a long story short, I saw MANY (can't say 'all of them' with certainty) images go from low resolution, to high resolution, but then back to low resolution.

Images were removed. NASA and I released our panoramic on the same day. Ours are very similar, but mine is better for some reason. Better stitching together of the images, etc.

But ours BOTH have missing data. On mine, they are white areas. On theirs, they're black. Regardless:

Those images that are the missing data are not available anymore to download but Wikipedia has one of the low resolution images - but as a high resolution image - thus proving I was right and not lying.

Is that more clear? If not, ask away.
edit on 8/16/2012 by impaired because: Gramma

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

I don't know if anyone is after me.

I'm just saying weird things are happening and I'm documenting them in these threads.

Ok, I will try to re-simplify the OP.

In a nutshell, a few days ago I was at the NASA site where the images are.
There are two types of images - low resolution and high resolution.
As I got to the site, they were all low resolution images (thumbnails), but high resolution images (subframes) were being added every time I refreshed the page. So I started download all of them starting at the bottom.
To make a long story short, I saw MANY (can't say all with certainty) images go from low resolution, to high resolution, but then back to low resolution.

Images were removed. NASA and I released our panoramic on the same day. Ours are very similar, but mine is better for some reason. Better stitching together of the images, etc.

But ours BOTH have missing data. On mine, they are white areas. On theirs, they're black. Regardless:

Those images that are the missing data are not available anymore to download but Wikipedia has one of the low resolution images - but as a high resolution image. Is that more clear? If not, ask away.
edit on 8/16/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

I gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. I knew it had to do with the panoramic, but couldn't recall if you had found something in one of the high res photos that they later pulled or not. There have been so many threads on "finding stuff"...I lose track at times.

I have seen both your's and NASA's after reading your last OP and your's is definitely better IMO. Maybe they weren't done "retouching" them? Who knows? The drama around it is enough to make one wonder where normally one would not.

Thanks again for clarifying.
I certainly hope nothing is stirred up for you.

link   

Originally posted by Phage
It probably has something to do with the fact that they have been reorganizing things. It wouldn't make much sense to "take them down" since the images are all over the web already.

Give it a little time. It will get sorted out.

What gets me is that the public are (or were) clamoring for high resolution images. Why would they hold back?

This is turning into a circus. :/

link   

Images were removed.

You don't know that. It is more likely that images were moved and the code to retrieve them has not yet been updated to the correct directory.

edit on 8/16/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

What gets me is that the public are (or were) clamoring for high resolution images. Why would they hold back?

Because they are scientists and don't particularly give a rats ass about what the public clamors for.
Patience, we are near the bottom of the priority list.

edit on 8/16/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I can assure you there is finger there.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Either way,my point still stands

The posts would get removed,not the thread.

I was figuring the poster may not know that. But I do feel like the spammer is either an existing member here already and was having a few laughs, or a lurker deciding to stoke the fire so to speak. Who knows what goes through some of these folk's heads? I mean besides women in thongs...

link   

If it's not what's in the photo, then what could possibly be going on? Could be nothing more than a screw up from NASA's webmaster...

edit on 16-8-2012 by DeliriumAquarium because: (no reason given)

link   

How are any of these images YOURS?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join