It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is definitely up. They DID take down those Mars Curiosity thumbnails. Proof:

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by JWalk89
Err ok.

I made an account just to say this. You are ramping up a conspiracy that doesn't exsist.

Just an FYI... That is why they are called conspiracy THEORIES and not conspiracy truths.

The OP is free to express his theory and you are welcome to take 5 minutes to create an account and berate him for it. Ain't America great?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Ok, I rarely post on here (I'm more of a lurker) but I've just noticed something about that photo.
Could be me seeing what my brain wants me to see though...

I think I'm seeing this so called finger at the top left of the image.
Now look to the area where the 'finger' would be pointing.
I'm seeing a small greyish face lying amongst the rocks. Two eyes, a nose and a mouth with an oval head shape.
It is lying almost sideways, looking to the right.

I'm probably just seeing things but you just never know.
If no-one can make it out (as its quite small) I'll Photoshop a circle around it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JWalk89

I made an account just to say this.

then......

Please don't start new posts because your other one died

then.......

I loled on your first post about the "If something isn't going on then why is this thread blowing up!"

Someones got a new log in?? Welcome back.............you have two log-ins?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

I am sorry, I didn't mean to derail here.

I can't sleep with the hubby working late and that finger in my mind. I just keep staring at it.

Even at Mars NASA is giving us the finger saying mind your own business.

Now quick, let's get back on topic. Wish I could help you solve your problem, and your gigapan is beautiful.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Sorry, I was looking at the wrong 'finger' (just seen the circled image).
I'm still seeing the face though in the top left corner, follow a line upwards from the finger and it's slightly to the left.

edit on 16-8-2012 by queenofhearts because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Err ok.

I made an account just to say this. You are ramping up a conspiracy that doesn't exsist. It wouldn't surprise me if YOU went to mommy or called a friend to make an account so it wouldn't be same IP addy to flame your own post. OMG NASA doesn;t want anyone to know so they are trying to get my post banned!GT*O of here with that.

NASA could've also sent there nerds to alter the Wiki page. Wouldn't surprise me if you added that photo there youself at all.

BTW I do believe in aliens and life on other planets. I seriously doubt if NASA or TPTB wanted to hide it YOU wouldn't find it. Don't you think if you discovered smomething was "up" you'd still be alive? Your clock on photos says its past 12 Am go to bed. Please don't start new posts because your other one died. I loled on your first post about the "If something isn't going on then why is this thread blowing up!"

Hey - you're entitled to your own opinion and if this is nothing and "I'm ramping this up", then it's nothing. Not trying to be a friggin celebrity over here.

And from the tone of your post, I smell troll on you. What's your story? Why the anger? Why speaking in definites? You're attacking me here. Why?

Oh wait - did you just say that you wouldn't be surprised if I did something to the images?

Ok, we are not on the same level here AT ALL. I stopped reading there.

Take your anger and accusations elsewhere. Trolls will not get to me. If I'm wrong about something, I will promptly admit it.

And I do NOT like your tone (go crying to mommy).

You registered here and THAT was your first post?

Have fun here, brah, and try not to get stepped on.
edit on 8/16/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Lurked and yes just made an account. Also I understand his right to express what he wants. Now, understand my right to express that I think he is full of it.

More power to the ones that believe you. I think you get bored at night and come up with something that should be put in the story thread.

Edit: Also we heard in the other 10 post you don't want money or to be a celebrity which just adds to my conclusion that you are full of it.
edit on 16-8-2012 by JWalk89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by JWalk89

I made an account just to say this.

then......

Please don't start new posts because your other one died

then.......

I loled on your first post about the "If something isn't going on then why is this thread blowing up!"

Someones got a new log in?? Welcome back.............you have two log-ins?

Don't worry - I just verbally blew him to smithereens.

I see A LOT of people trying to derail and subjugate this thread.

Keep it coming. Keep bumping the thread, trolls.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Lurked and yes just made an account. Also I understand his right to express what he wants. Now, understand my right to express that I think he is full of it.

More power to the ones that believe you. I think you get bored at night and come up with something that should be put in the story thread.

Edit: Also we heard in the other 10 post you don't want money or to be a celebrity which just adds to my conclusion that you are full of it.

Full of WHAT?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JWalk89

Mate, why the vitriol?

I think he has done a great job?

I don't think your playing ball here sonny, how about you pull your head back in and play like a nice boy.

This place is better that way.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenofhearts
Ok, I rarely post on here (I'm more of a lurker) but I've just noticed something about that photo.
Could be me seeing what my brain wants me to see though...

I think I'm seeing this so called finger at the top left of the image.
Now look to the area where the 'finger' would be pointing.
I'm seeing a small greyish face lying amongst the rocks. Two eyes, a nose and a mouth with an oval head shape.
It is lying almost sideways, looking to the right.

I'm probably just seeing things but you just never know.
If no-one can make it out (as its quite small) I'll Photoshop a circle around it.

This? LOL..

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

Full of WHAT?

Don't give him what he wants impaired. Sometimes you can't talk sense to people that come right out of the gate with that kind of attitude.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

That's gold. Gold, I say!

You know how *I* know you're full of it or jealous or something? (you can have the "thread fame, Broski")

You came here to insult me and the threads and you are NOT contributing to the topic itself. Just throwing me ad hominems and logical fallacies.

So, new member - why don't you put you money where your mouth is and contribute? EXPLAIN in DETAIL why you think I'm full of it? I have nothing to hide so go for it.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I've found a way around this.

click on any image you want. If it shows up as a thumbnail the url might look like this

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00003/mcam/0003ML0000120000l1_DXXX.jpg

change the 'l' to a capital 'E' and you'll get the full res pic

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00003/mcam/0003ML0000120000E1_DXXX.jpg

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by yahtzeestone

Oh no! You got me looking at that now!! Jeeez.................I can see a face!

But really it's just coincidence, but I'm happy to look at it.....................mainly because I can't get it out of my head now!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

Can you post an example please?

Cheers

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

Full of WHAT?

Don't give him what he wants impaired. Sometimes you can't talk sense to people that come right out of the gate with that kind of attitude.

I think I know whats going in this thread and I think a MOD needs to look into it as well.

Something doesn't add up and it starts with the OP.

That's all I'm going to say.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
reply to post by impaired

How are any of these images YOURS?

What are you implying?

Mine?

First off - they're public domain.

Second of all, once I made the panorama, it WAS and IS considered mine - because they are public domain.

Third - people can and do make MONEY taking NASA's public domain files and making them nice (Stitching, image adjustments, etc.). They sell them to magazines, news sites, etc.

So I don't understand your tone, so to speak. I just made an image and want to share it. No money involved.

Problem?
edit on 8/16/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

I just don't understand why you're all up in arms and claiming they are YOUR images. They are NASA's images.

Semantics, bro. Semantics. Theirs, mine, ours... Public domain... You don't get it?

*I* created a panoramic image. I can copyright THAT image and sell it. That's how this works. So it's my work in the fact that I put it together.

I didn't TAKE the raw images. THEY are not mine but they were GIVEN to us.

Do I have to keep explaining this? Can we get to the topic of the bloody thread?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here's the image. Yes?
Yes, Hellas, good job.

edit on 16-8-2012 by yahtzeestone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I didn't read much of your other thread sorry and not sure I'm following you on this.

So you are saying when you go to NASA and click the thumbnail it opens the same thumbnail and not a hi res image and the hi res was there before and got taken down?

Then it's actually not the thumbnails being removed?
What's there to see it anyways?
I clicked and only got a small thumbnail

One benign possibility is if they are currently updating photos and editing, it's an innocent mistake to assign the wrong target image of a thumbnail, and one might inadvertently copy the same URL of the thumb when coding. It happens and may be recognized later and corrected. Have you contacted the webmaster to ask?

EDIT
Did you save the exact location (URL) of the missing hi res, so you can check if it's still there and just these thumbs are messed up ? Check your history.
edit on 16-8-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join