It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is definitely up. They DID take down those Mars Curiosity thumbnails. Proof:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I put this in the Gray Area. Let's see if this makes it out.

So I was explaining in my last thread that I was being censored, yada yada yada.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I claimed that as I was downloading the images to the panorama I ended up making, the missing data (white spots of my image) were there in high resolution and then taken down right before my very eyes and put back into low resolution thumbnails. A claim that couldn't be proven.

Until now.

Well, I went to Wikipedia to check some things out:

en.wikipedia.org...

Notice the image right there:

(I downloaded it from Wikipedia in the 1200x1200 high resolution image and re-uploaded it here just in case)

Now go here to the NASA site and look for the file:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

If by the time you go there and the 1200x1200 just happened to "magically" appear, I even took a screen shot of it a few minutes ago

And the proof:

(Notice the time and date on my computer - scroll and look down to the right).

So Wikipedia has the full resolution image of that thumbnail, but when you try to click the direct link, the thumbnail comes up:

Knew I wasn't crazy.

And to those who are saying "I didn't think you were". Thanks. I do appreciate that, but I was saying that to myself for the most part. I. KNOW. WHAT. I. SAW.
edit on 8/15/2012 by impaired because: Added Wiki image

edit on 8/15/2012 by impaired because: This time to clarify the issue of the thumbnails.

edit on 8/17/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I saw your other thread and I don't think you are crazy. I just wonder why they would pull them from view. Did they miss something? Do they need to take something out? Put something in? I am really curious about curiosity's pics now...

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

I didn't think you were crazy on your last post or this one. I have been trying to follow what you have been saying and honestly I don't understand what's going on here. Why on earth are they doing this? What is your opinion? You didn't see anything unusual in the original........seems kinda pointless

edit on 15-8-2012 by billy197300 because: add

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

ATTENTION!

The topic of this thread is: Something is definitely up. They DID take down those Mars Curiosity thumbnails. Proof

Stick to THAT topic and nothing else. Not other threads. Not what other members post. Not staff actions.

This topic only or your post will be removed!

edit on August 16th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

ATTENTION!

The topic of this thread is: Something is definitely up. They DID take down those Mars Curiosity thumbnails. Proof

Stick to THAT topic and nothing else. Not other threads. Not what other members post. Not staff actions.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

ATTENTION!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
It's such a farse. It's probably taken in Area 51. People are in the "information bubble". They'll never know any different. All they know is the info they get in the bubble.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Damn,it's gone already. The mods acted quick on that one.

I'm not really sure what you're getting at here,I read you OP twice and still don't get it. Maybe I'm just stupid tonight

But,I'm going to read through the thread you linked and go from there.

I shall return with my thoughts

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

ATTENTION!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

ATTENTION!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
That one small rock by the tire track looks like a washed rock! A washed rounded rock shows water erosion usually! Looks like they may be trying to cover that up, or something about the rover itself.

Just my guess!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Maybe nasa is doing it for server space? Large pics like that take up a lot of hard drive space, so they made them thumbnails? just throwing something out there.

Of course its only saying 204kb ..im def interested

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
OP, I've read through both your older post and this one, and despite my best efforts I still am having trouble following exactly what it is that's happening. From my understanding, the website used by NASA to host the images from Curiosity has been removing a few pictures that you've currently downloaded?

I'm actually very curious as to what's happening, I just don't fully understand. If you could try and simplify it for me I'd appreciate it.

It does seem strange, and it is seems that you're being truthful in all your posts, I'll give you that. But hey man, I hope you didn't accidentally find something you weren't supposed to find. I hope that you'll figure out whatever it is that's going on.

Take it easy.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
That one small rock by the tire track looks like a washed rock! A washed rounded rock shows water erosion usually! Looks like they may be trying to cover that up, or something about the rover itself.

Just my guess!

Your absolutely right Clutch. That one rock does kind of seem out of place if you look at the big pic there. hmmmmmmm

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

ATTENTION!

link   
Perhaps they took offense to the snail like "rock" captured in the upper left hand corner of your photo......

link   
what strikes me is this... those square depressions on the tracks of the tyres... they're filled with earth and stones, while the rest of the track is relatively clean. to me this unequivocally indicates moisture, .. mud... if there were no moisture it wouldn't be able to build up in those depressions. or not?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Two things:

1. I see nothing in that photo that isn't viewable in abundance in all the other photos, and
2. Why would NASA plan and publicly announce a mission to mars if they had something to cover up there?

I assure you if it was something like, life or evidence of water, they would be quick to announce it.

They already have announced strong evidence for past water and possible frozen water at the poles. Hell, look at the mission goals.

So what would they gain from a cover up?

I think there is a more down to earth explanation for all you have been experiencing. You may have been "censored" because the file size you tried to submit was huge. Also the possibility that whoever doesn't want to be held liable if it turned out something was altered in some way.
edit on 15-8-2012 by DeliriumAquarium because: atrocious spelling

edit on 15-8-2012 by DeliriumAquarium because: and grammar

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
But the image is on Wikipedia. How? Why?

If they were hiding something, then why is the missing thumbnail there and why was it removed in the first place? Why were ALL of those high resolution images removed? I'm going to try to get this new image into my panorama...

And to the lady who was offended by the spammer and some of us guys "admiring" her (the woman in the image) - I do apologize on behalf of myself and the others who I'm sure didn't mean it like that. Hey - we are men, but you're right. I'm sorry.

But it was hysterical.
edit on 8/15/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join