It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is definitely up. They DID take down those Mars Curiosity thumbnails. Proof:

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Ok I'll play ball.

What made me say all this is the picture that NASA took off there website in this conspiracy is also the main picture to the wiki you linked. Weird, right?No, I don't think so. I don't spread disinfo and as I said I do believe in alien life. I also believe that if that photo had something weird in it, it wouldn't be on that page. Bringing me to you put the picture on the Wiki and make all this up because like alot of conspiracy theories you like to make things up.

Kudos to you for blowing me to smitherens?Lol, I don't get angry over nonsense someone insinificant to me has to say as you shouldn't either. I do believe in alot of NASA cover ups just not yours. Sorry.

link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

Originally posted by impaired

Originally posted by JWalk89
Lurked and yes just made an account. Also I understand his right to express what he wants. Now, understand my right to express that I think he is full of it.

More power to the ones that believe you. I think you get bored at night and come up with something that should be put in the story thread.

Edit: Also we heard in the other 10 post you don't want money or to be a celebrity which just adds to my conclusion that you are full of it.
edit on 16-8-2012 by JWalk89 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2012 by JWalk89 because: (no reason given)

Full of WHAT?

Don't give him what he wants impaired. Sometimes you can't talk sense to people that come right out of the gate with that kind of attitude.

I think I know whats going in this thread and I think a MOD needs to look into it as well.

Something doesn't add up and it starts with the OP.

That's all I'm going to say.

I see it. I don't want to report anyone, though. I want the mods to clean this mess up because I trust their judgement, which is what they will do anyway.

But yes sir. I see it.

link   
I for one don't think NASA is hiding anything, I think it's more of a case of pride quite possibly. The original scientists had everything up on the page exactly the way they wanted it and were proud of themselves and then OP showed up with his higher quality panoramic view of everything. I'm thinking that a scientist got a bit upset that OP was presenting new work undermining their own and so that person stifled any of OP's work because they did not want their work challenged because let's be honest, none of Curiosity could've happened without NASA's team of scientists. I just think that someone wants their dues and that they felt a little hurt and so did something sassy back.

I think that's about it. I mean, anyone can get prideful and then get their feelings hurt, even geniuses. It's a natural human emotion and it's hard to dodge whenever you release something and it's your life's work. You think it's the most beautiful and perfect thing and then someone else comes along that isn't qualified as you are posting images that are better. How would you feel, Impaired?

Just my two cents and my non belief that there is any life on Mars at this point in time beyond the remote chance of microscopic life.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by yahtzeestone

Here is a link to the 'face' image (sorry I can't find a way to embed this):

edit on 16-8-2012 by queenofhearts because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
I've found a way around this.

click on any image you want. If it shows up as a thumbnail the url might look like this

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00003/mcam/0003ML0000120000l1_DXXX.jpg

change the 'l' to a capital 'E' and you'll get the full res pic

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00003/mcam/0003ML0000120000E1_DXXX.jpg

This works for all so i believe phage was correct

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JWalk89
Ok I'll play ball.

What made me say all this is the picture that NASA took off there website in this conspiracy is also the main picture to the wiki you linked. Weird, right?No, I don't think so. I don't spread disinfo and as I said I do believe in alien life. I also believe that if that photo had something weird in it, it wouldn't be on that page. Bringing me to you put the picture on the Wiki and make all this up because like alot of conspiracy theories you like to make things up.

Kudos to you for blowing me to smitherens?Lol, I don't get angry over nonsense someone insinificant to me has to say as you shouldn't either. I do believe in alot of NASA cover ups just not yours. Sorry.

Ok! Awesome! See, we're getting somewhere! You don't believe in my so-called conspiracy.

That's nice.

We done? You done? Back on topic?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofhearts

Haha, nice face find. We could fill a 1TB drive w/ all the faces that humans see, in rocks.

edit on 16-8-2012 by yahtzeestone because: spelling

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
what strikes me is this... those square depressions on the tracks of the tyres... they're filled with earth and stones, while the rest of the track is relatively clean. to me this unequivocally indicates moisture, .. mud... if there were no moisture it wouldn't be able to build up in those depressions. or not?

Not.

They are holes. You are seeing through to the ground.
( besides; the rover has not yet been 'driven' )

Sorry to let you down.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress
I for one don't think NASA is hiding anything, I think it's more of a case of pride quite possibly. The original scientists had everything up on the page exactly the way they wanted it and were proud of themselves and then OP showed up with his higher quality panoramic view of everything. I'm thinking that a scientist got a bit upset that OP was presenting new work undermining their own and so that person stifled any of OP's work because they did not want their work challenged because let's be honest, none of Curiosity could've happened without NASA's team of scientists. I just think that someone wants their dues and that they felt a little hurt and so did something sassy back.

I think that's about it. I mean, anyone can get prideful and then get their feelings hurt, even geniuses. It's a natural human emotion and it's hard to dodge whenever you release something and it's your life's work. You think it's the most beautiful and perfect thing and then someone else comes along that isn't qualified as you are posting images that are better. How would you feel, Impaired?

Just my two cents and my non belief that there is any life on Mars at this point in time beyond the remote chance of microscopic life.

This is one of my top theories of what is going on (in my case), and some people are just getting angry at the attention the threads are getting.

Just wanted to share an image. That's all. Now look where we are.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

My spider conspiracy senses are tingling......
Maybe Henryconspire and Jwald89 are one and the same!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LerroyJenkins

Originally posted by Hellas
I've found a way around this.

click on any image you want. If it shows up as a thumbnail the url might look like this

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00003/mcam/0003ML0000120000l1_DXXX.jpg

change the 'l' to a capital 'E' and you'll get the full res pic

mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00003/mcam/0003ML0000120000E1_DXXX.jpg

This works for all so i believe phage was correct

Oh man, this would be GREAT! I could finish the panorama! Trying now.

Edit - doesn't work on the first one:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Come on, baby... Trying more

edit on 8/16/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

Doesn't work on the second.

Edit 3: Damn it! It's not working for the missing ones. I'm talking about the first 40 or so on the site at SOL 3.

Thanks anyway. Worth a shot.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Well, star for this post my friend. I've been with you since I saw this topic this afternoon and had wanted to post my take but I was on my ipod so typing a long drawn out reply would have been very time consuming and annoying. I guess some people just don't want help and won't accept it when given. It's perfectly alright, I mean they can do whatever they want with their own work.

And yeah, it's bad that people are getting upset about this topic flaring popularity. I bet the one that spammed the last one was someone with another profile that was upset because they uploaded a topic today too or something and it got no attention. Just a suspicion/

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
could be just poor linking by the people doing the website.. cause the file is definitely on their servers.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Firstly I would like to thank you for putting up your high res image. I can honestly say that for days now I have wondered around the picture fascinated at the clear image and the detail that you have provided.
I have marveled at the different formations of rocks and I "see" small details that looks very interesting or unusual but may just be part of the make-up of the planet but it has been fun looking.
I can understand your detective work on the thumbnails and the confusion with NASA and their putting up and taking down of the high res pics. Sometimes it gets to you and you just want an explanation.
Stick with it, see what NASA does in the next few days. They have so much data to sift through I expect they are erring on the side of caution.
"Could they have seen something?" Well who knows but isn't this exploration at day 1 fascinating? I have been using a magnifying glass to get more detail out of the picture and it has worked very well as it increases the view without increasing the pixels.

Keep at it and I appreciate the work you have done for such good clarity.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Not sure if we are doing something different but I click on a pic..then at the bottom there is a link for full res(its not in full res of course), then at the top change that "I" to and "E". It seems to work on most including the original one mentioned on wiki

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

High Resolution
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 16-8-2012 by LerroyJenkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Not sure if we are doing something different but I click on a pic..then at the bottom there is a link for full res(its not in full res of course), then at the top change that "I" to and "E". It seems to work on most including the original one mentioned on wiki

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

I can't get it. Can you go here for me:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

And try it on the first few that are thumbnails only? And if it works, post the link here? Thanks. Actually, can you post the image itself? Not calling you out. I want these to finish the image.

Try it on this one for starters:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

High Resolution
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 16-8-2012 by LerroyJenkins because: (no reason given)

Look at the links. They're in different directories.

nasa.gov/msl/multimedia/raw/?rawid=0003ML0000125000I1_DXXX&s=3

nasa.gov/msl-raw-images/msss/00003/mcam/0003ML0000125000E1_DXXX.jpg

I cut short the beginning of the link starting with WWW so it would show. I hope it shows.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Well hell, now i see a half of a pencil by the tire. It looks nice and sharpened and snapped with the back half missing. That is it, I'm going to bed.

Impaired, will you be able to finish your gigapan now? Looking forward to seeing it completed.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

I can't get it. Can you go here for me:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

And try it on the first few that are thumbnails only? And if it works, post the link here? Thanks. Actually, can you post the image itself? Not calling you out. I want these to finish the image.

Try it on this one for starters:

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Thanks.

Here is the first one
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

2nd one
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

The one you asked for
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Check U2U

new topics

top topics