It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is definitely up. They DID take down those Mars Curiosity thumbnails. Proof:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

I still don't see the finger. lol Could be but it's too blurry for me to see clearly.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Nope, I got it now. Thanks!

Unfortunately my guess is just that - a guess. I'm trying to find this finger that some posters have claimed to see as of now though.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

What gets me is that the public are (or were) clamoring for high resolution images. Why would they hold back?

Because they are scientists and don't particularly give a rats ass about what the public clamors for.
Patience, we are near the bottom of the priority list.

edit on 8/16/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Well, that just sucks...

Phage - I respect you. A lot. And I know you're a skeptic (which is cool in my book - we need skeptics). You know a lot of things.

But what if? What IF there was something going on? Would you believe it or acknowledge it? I mean that in a respectful way, btw.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing

I still don't see the finger. lol Could be but it's too blurry for me to see clearly.

My first attempt in paint. I tried to circle it. I hope it works...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

How are any of these images YOURS?

What are you implying?

Mine?

First off - they're public domain.

Second of all, once I made the panorama, it WAS and IS considered mine - because they are public domain.

Third - people can and do make MONEY taking NASA's public domain files and making them nice (Stitching, image adjustments, etc.). They sell them to magazines, news sites, etc.

So I don't understand your tone, so to speak. I just made an image and want to share it. No money involved.

Problem?
edit on 8/16/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Thanks! LOL Now I won't be able to see anything else! Wow.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Thank you soooo much for doing that. I was fighting with this freaking new I pad that I just had to have. It won't let me upload an image, grrrr........

Anyhow, someone give me a long boring explanation for the finger so I can let it go and get some sleep.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

But what if? What IF there was something going on? Would you believe it or acknowledge it? I mean that in a respectful way, btw.

IF there was something going on I might believe it depending on the evidence. The only evidence you have that something is going on is that a java server page is pointed to the wrong place. That is pretty silly in the way of evidence since the images have already been downloaded by a lot of people.

But I could be wrong. Maybe it has been removed. Maybe it hasn't just be moved to a different directory and is waiting for someone to update the code.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

My first attempt in paint. I tried to circle it. I hope it works...

LOL - I see that! I think it's a rock, but ahahah - it does look like a finger! And a fingernail!

LOOKS LIKE.

Do I have to say that again to some?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

IF there was something going on I might believe it depending on the evidence. The only evidence you have that something is going on is that a java server page is pointed to the wrong place. That is pretty silly in the way of evidence since the images have already been downloaded by a lot of people.

But I could be wrong. Maybe it has been removed. Maybe it hasn't just be moved to a different directory and is waiting for someone to update the code.

I gave you a star because my intentions are pure and of course that could very well be the case.

But - agree to disagree? For now?

link   
it does look like a finger!!

link   

I know right??
That's the same way I was.

Maybe we can say it is from a statue and it broke off in some cataclysmic event. That would still make it a rock right? Then both believers and skeptics could be right. A win/win scenario...

Next stop? World Peace!

edit on 8/16/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I saw the finger too. It aint mars and where did the billions go?

Enquiring minds want to know. And this photo is my expression to this whole mars episode.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Arrrrrghgghghghghghh .........................can't ...................................get......................................it......................................out............................... ........of...................................my.......................................................................................spock!!!! It's a finger!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

No bloody way, having the same thought at the same time and all................

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Err ok.

I made an account just to say this. You are ramping up a conspiracy that doesn't exsist. It wouldn't surprise me if YOU went to mommy or called a friend to make an account so it wouldn't be same IP addy to flame your own post. OMG NASA doesn;t want anyone to know so they are trying to get my post banned!GT*O of here with that.

NASA could've also sent there nerds to alter the Wiki page. Wouldn't surprise me if you added that photo there youself at all.

BTW I do believe in aliens and life on other planets. I seriously doubt if NASA or TPTB wanted to hide it YOU wouldn't find it. Don't you think if you discovered smomething was "up" you'd still be alive? Your clock on photos says its past 12 Am go to bed. Please don't start new posts because your other one died. I loled on your first post about the "If something isn't going on then why is this thread blowing up!"

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Does look like a finger and nail, but I really think and believe it's a rock.

Hysterical - looks like something else, too!

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

I know right??
That's the same way I was.

Maybe we can say it is from a statue and it broke off in some cataclysmic event. That would still make it a rock right? Then both believers and skeptics could be right. A win/win scenario...

Next stop? World Peace!

edit on 8/16/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

I like what you said about it possibly being from a statue.

Speculating isn't a bad thing.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I know they are rocks , but if you scroll down until the first pic of the rover when the pic is showing more of the rocks.
Without scrolling the screen to the right look at the white rock just a little left of center screen.
Now look straight across to the left about 4-5 inches.

That one rock looks like a finger that even looks like a finger nail at the end of it. Now look to the right of that white rock and there is a small rock that looks like a face. A very small face , haha,

I thing that if people look at a pic long enough they see what they want. I don't do that .
I wasn't going to say what I did above , especially the face. I am sure I will get hammered for saying this.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

Originally posted by DeadSeraph

How are any of these images YOURS?

What are you implying?

Mine?

First off - they're public domain.

Second of all, once I made the panorama, it WAS and IS considered mine - because they are public domain.

Third - people can and do make MONEY taking NASA's public domain files and making them nice (Stitching, image adjustments, etc.). They sell them to magazines, news sites, etc.

So I don't understand your tone, so to speak. I just made an image and want to share it. No money involved.

Problem?

I just don't understand why you're all up in arms and claiming they are YOUR images. They are NASA's images.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join