It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain threatens to storm Ecuador embassy to get Assange

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Not my opinion. Just stating the facts....

Link

THE Organisation of American States called emergency talks to discuss the row between Ecuador and Britain, after Quito granted political asylum to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange. The organisation said in a statement that the meeting would begin at its Washington headquarters at 4.30pm local time (6.30am AEST).

Looks like things are escalating!
edit on 16-8-2012 by Procharmo because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

Originally posted by moniker

reply to post by Soulece

To be fair, he is a criminal, most hackers are criminals, they steal information and break into private/secure networks... Not sure how he isnt a criminal

Assange haven't stolen any information. He has just been given information that others may or may not have stolen... or perhaps in fact been given.

Receiving stolen goods/information is a crime... He didnt have to do the stealing for him to be found guilty....

It actually isn't in Sweden.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Are they still trying to send him to jail for having sex with a woman without a condom and calling it rape? If so, can't we the world call out the BS the UK and her western friends are up too?

Originally posted by misfitofscience
So here is an interesting thought to put all others to the test.

If Conspiracies are real, If there was some sort of secret government, if sources were killed by black ops, then I am sure someone causing this sort of malignancy or thorn in the side of so many (J.A) would be one of the first to be snuffed out, would he not be?

But alas he hasnt, which, makes me ponder, were conspiracies created to cover up the weak system we are lead to believe is stronger than they let on to be?

Interesting point but just because JA is alive and well doesn't mean Gov't types haven't killed people off in the past and will continue to do it in the future. Each kill is a case by case basis and if this secret Gov't killed off JA, the heart and soul of Wikileaks, well dont'cha think that a high profile target you probably should keep alive. If you off him lots of people will be looking at you. Instead, the Gov't can and will do everything in their power to send him to prison for the rest of his life. It's sometimes easier to set a person up rather than killing them. Not only sending them to their own prisons but also destroying his character and creditability. A tactic very well known in the conspiracy world.
edit on 16-8-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
reply to post by jhn7537

I agree with you.

Also, people are forgetting something here... Assange isn't a "criminal" he isn't "wanted for a crime"

Actually, by skipping bail he is a criminal.

Meanwhile, what have Amnesty International to say about that?

www2.amnesty.org.uk...

No suprise though, This is a guy who'd # on his own grandmother because he knows that whatever he does is right because he is God.

Sad he has conned so many sheeple into worshipping him.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

No, I don't think conspiracies in general are in fact a government conspiracy. Some may be, most aren't IMO. But I don't think the Assange case is a good way to judge all others. Assange himself may be a ploy. He might be in on it, or he could just be getting used. To what end? Maybe to give people the feeling that they have seen behind the curtain and things aren't THAT nefarious. In any case, I have great confidence that if the most powerful entities in the world wanted a public figure dead, it would happen.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

Originally posted by HIWATT
reply to post by jhn7537

I agree with you.

Also, people are forgetting something here... Assange isn't a "criminal" he isn't "wanted for a crime"

Actually, by skipping bail he is a criminal.

It's an offence in the UK, but that doesn't make him an outright criminal.

On a slightly different note, it appears that Mr. Hague is publicly referring to Mr. Assange as an "alleged criminal", without Mr. Assange even having been officially charged with anything.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

It doesn't make any difference if he is granted asylum. Even if Ecuador grants him citizenship and appoints him as a diplomat or in some other capacity it still isn't going to work. The UK is still going to enforce the European arrest warrant. Rather than a long drawn out stand off and the expense of maintaining a cordon the UK will likely declare the Ecuadorian Embassy non-grata and simply walk in and arrest Assange.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

And as I mentioned before, and having to repeat, what damage would that do to british embacies worldwide?
If britain shows no respect for diplomatic status, or embacies, then the same would happen to them.
All embacies come under the same rule and understanding.
If britain canr honour that, then they cant expect it in return
End of repetative post

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
In a normal world, full of upright decent honest humans. Julian would be lauded to the heavens for his actions. As well as the person/persons who gave him this information. They should be star witnesses in the biggest court on the planet. Were the exposed politicians and their cronies, should be tried for crimes against humanity.
What has he done that is so bad? That they are wanting to storm an embassy for?
Exposed govt criminels? Who are murdering people all over the planet? Kidnapping them and torturing them in prisons in foreign lands? Soldiers laughting as they machine gun down, inocent people in the streets?
If they do murder him, then I hope and pray. That he floods the www, with information that will expose TPTB. Then maybe the silent majority will at last stand up and rid the world of scum like them. Its long over due in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Having a teleconference or chat within another Embassy isn't going to work. The Swedes want to question him on their own territory. What good would the teleconference or Embassy chat have if the Swedish Police wanted to arrest him or charge him? Of course the Swedes won't accept such a compromise as they feel that it undermines their judicial system.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It seems like he's too much of a resource for the US to simply imprison for life. Judging by the current admin's passion for leaking sensitive stuff, it might be that he's going to be kidnapped under guise of law, until which time, Wikileaks will fall under the umbrella of the DHS. At least they'll have a pro to help them get the whole disclosure deal right & who knows, w/its recent sexual harrassment stuff, maybe JA will be the new DHS secretary! Based on current trends, he sure seems like a well-qualified candidate for the job.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Soulece

To be fair, he is a criminal, most hackers are criminals, they steal information and break into private/secure networks... Not sure how he isnt a criminal

Assange haven't stolen any information. He has just been given information that others may or may not have stolen... or perhaps in fact been given.

Receiving stolen goods/information is a crime... He didnt have to do the stealing for him to be found guilty....

He isnt wanted for that crime by Sweden, but the United States where it is a crime..
edit on 16-8-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Perhaps but if he were a Movie Star, they probably wouldn't be doing the same. They mean to imprison him, more so for his Wikileaks then any sexual charge. His only chance at staying free is what he is trying. Once he is incarcerated, they will not let him go. Seems like he's managed to cheese off everyone that matters. Pretty sure he is doomed, but at least he will take a lot of them down with him when the insurance policy kicks in.

edit on 16-8-2012 by pavil because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2012 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by djyorkie

How about 10,000 people throng the embassy, he walks out, gets into a limo and 10,000 people walk his car to the docks where they all get on an ocean cruise ship and sail to Equador.

Oh, I see the brits are arresting everyone in front of the embassy so the crowd can't grow.

www.google.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo
reply to post by pavil

Having a teleconference or chat within another Embassy isn't going to work. The Swedes want to question him on their own territory. What good would the teleconference or Embassy chat have if the Swedish Police wanted to arrest him or charge him? Of course the Swedes won't accept such a compromise as they feel that it undermines their judicial system.

Arrestation doesn't work that way in Sweden. The police has no right to simply arrest people at will, for any offence. A court need to issue a formal arrest order before the police can do something, and they are only supposed to do so for serious crimes. The police, however, have a right to detain people for up to 24 hours.

Sweden doesn't have a legal system based on common law, nor do they believe in it. Furthermore, judges in the lower courts are generally politically appointed laymen, not professional judges.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Soulece

He isnt wanted for that crime by Sweden, but the United States where it is a crime..

The United States have stated they have no interest in him, nor have he been (officially) requested by the United States. Furthermore, in order for a country to extradite a person from their soil, that person must NORMALLY be requested for an act that is also a criminal offence in the extraditing country, except for when the person is also a citizen of the extraditing country, in which case the person is as a general rule NEVER extradited to a foreign country.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by moniker

If the United States have no plans to extradite him then why is he scared? I feel like we're talking in circles right now... It was stated that he wouldnt go to sweden because he was scared of being extradited to USA, but then you said USA stated they dont care, so which is it? If he did no crime, if the United States arent interested in him then why hide from them?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by djyorkie

It doesn't make any difference. The UK has a legal base in the Diplomatic and Consular Premises Act 1987. That was put in place after the shooting of WPC Yvonne Fletcher outside the Libyan Embassy. The European Arrest Warrant takes priority in this case in the eyes of the UK. The UK is simply not going to let Assange get out of the arrest warrant or the country via diplomatic means.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

reply to post by moniker

If the United States have no plans to extradite him then why is he scared? I feel like this we're talking in circles right now... It was stated that he wouldnt go to sweden because he was scared of being extradited to USA, but then you said USA stated they dont care, so which is it? If he did no crime, if the United States arent interested in him then why hide from them?

Perhaps because US political officials have publicly, on TV, stated (actually, screamed) that they want to see him dead, killed.

I don't know about you, but if it was me, I would be very, very concerned.

Actually, the US today said they have no interest in him, but then added that they might have in the future.
edit on 16/8/2012 by moniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
In a normal world, full of upright decent honest humans. Julian would be lauded to the heavens for his actions. .

That's why even Amnesty International oppose what he has done.

He makes the very worst banker look like Santa Claus.

But if your father was an Afghani who told the Americans where a Taliban base was, you'd be applauding Assange too would you, at your father's funeral?

I guess we'll never know hoe many people this sociopathic wannabe God has killed. But I'm certain he doesn't care.

He'd make a very good Bond villian.

Edit notwithsuanding which, none of this is relevant. He's just a common-or-garden bail breaker. Maybe we should just call for Dog?
edit on 16-8-2012 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join