It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Savings Are Found From Welfare Drug Tests

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Oh yeah, because their lives suck.

Maybe their lives suck because they make bad decisions, like doing drugs instead of working hard like the rest of us. Nooooo, you can possibly put the blame where it lies, right? You're a liberal! It's ALWAYS someone else's fault!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
So it seems people really don't want their tax dollars being paid for people to take drugs. That is the crux of this argument. Yet the people who have done the most devastation to the economy and hence the country. The ones who received trillions in tax payers money are simply exempt from this humiliating process. In fact there are no sanctions against those who received corporate welfare.

Why should one group of welfare recipients be treated any different to another. Why the huge outrage by some of the posters and the demands for harsher testing. Why are some so biased against their own class while wanting to lick the boots of the ruling class.

I see it in my own country. the right wing press has done a hatchet job on anyone claiming benefits. abuse and attacks against the disabled have increased as people are led to believe they are milking the tax payer. It's a horrible mentality i will never understand.
edit on 15-8-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

So just because some of your tax dollars are going to them, you think it gives you the right to look into their private lives and make decisions based on your own morality?

I dont want any possibility my hard earned money is going to drugs. Again, why is it so much to ask that if you get free money, you have to submit to a drug test? I really dont understand why you're so against it. It makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense if you hold human dignitiy above your desire to control people.

Just because some of your tax dollars goes to someone else's pocket does not give you the right to intrude into their privacy. I am not worried about a welfare recipient doing drugs. I could care less if they smoke pot, or whatever.

If you want to prevent the money from being given to druggies, the only logical solution is to just quit "giving" the money away so that you don't feel the need to get the quid pro quo of a drug test. Unless a right to privacy is not something you believe in. In which case, sure....twist the arms of the poor. Make them submit all manner of intrusions into their private, at home lives. All it really amounts to is passing moral judgment on someone before they are allowed to eat. I guess if that makes us feel better about giving away "free money", then it is justified.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

How about this... sure fire way to pass a drug test? DONT DO DRUGS IDIOT! just sayin'.....

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Why? Why does someone accepting a program that we offer them also have to forfeit their right to privacy?

My husband has to do drug testing to get a job, or if he is hurt at work the first thing he has to do it take a drug test,

Why should anyone else be any different?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

So you are saying they should take any job?
Even sub standard with a very low wage.
That will not give the enough money to live on.
So they end up homeless and end up losing the job.
How low do you want these people to go?
The government has the money to pay out.

Let's see here I have two daughters that are waitresses, and a son that works in a scrap metal yard, I clean peoples houses,

Where do you think the money the government hands out comes from?

Let me be honest, I get a little resentful when I have very little in my shopping cart, and no heath-care yet my family is paying out for others to have that don't work because the wages are to low, some people actually work two jobs and three to get by,

My daughter is a juvenile diabetic with no health care, she works a crap job to pay to stay alive, while others have kids and get to do nothing, is that fair? She went for help but was told no because she didn't have any dependents.

Life AINT fair to a lot of us pal.
edit on 083131p://bWednesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Why? Why does someone accepting a program that we offer them also have to forfeit their right to privacy?

My husband has to do drug testing to get a job, or if he is hurt at work the first thing he has to do it take a drug test,

Why should anyone else be any different?

Like i said, your husband is having his rights violated. He shouldn't be subjected to preemployment screening. Maybe the typical after accident testing is justified...but not preemployment. I think the preemployment screening has conditioned us to willingly give up our right to privacy. It isn't that someone has something to hide, but rather that they, as free people, should not be humiliated in such a way as a prerequisite.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

OH I agree Tex, I don't like it either, but there are not any places in this town that don't drug test, if there are there are very few.

and another thing, a large majority of those people who pass, do drugs.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Well it isnt wellfare recepients who typically have the money to blow on coke at the tune of 70 Dollar a pop.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Well it isnt wellfare recepients who typically have the money to blow on coke at the tune of 70 Dollar a pop.

Drugs are rampant in our culture, I live in the middle of it, the poor, the homeless, the soup kitchens and the crack houses, one was right across the street, he was busted, but yea, he was on welfare.

Do you actually think you can live off a welfare check?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

OH I agree Tex, I don't like it either, but there are not any places in this town that don't drug test, if there are there are very few.

and another thing, a large majority of those people who pass, do drugs.

Exactly. It is a wasted effort, as it is so easy to dupe. I mean, unless people are really willing to show their wee wee to the drug tester to prove that they aren't bringing in urine from their kids in a balloon. Such cession of rights, however, is unconscionable.

That is why, as an employer, I stopped all new hire drug screening several times in the past. It is just needless expense that only catches the dimwitted.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
In another study, it was found that there are no savings to the govt by handing out welfare checks. Go figure! It actually lowers the govt budget!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Now days it isn't always the employers choice to stop the drug testing, the insurance companies make them.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
There are opportunities out there now days, you can get government grants for an education, if you are working they will supplement your income with food stamps and if you have young children and are low income you can get free daycare and healthcare.

Back when I was young we didn't have all this.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yeah, i have worked a parking company before (consulting earlier this year). One of the big things was the MVA, background, and drug tests. Without those, you had no insurance.

It is hard to find tattoo free, clean cut, drug free young people willing to run all day between lots as a valet in downtown San Antonio.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Don't forget the piercings
lol

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Agreed.

The original argument (THOSE FREELOADERS ARE TERKIN OUR MURNEYY!!) doesn't hold up because those same people willingly ignore the abundance of corporate welfare in the U.S.

And just so that poster knows, not every job requires drug screening. Your argument falls flat right there.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

You know what's weird though Tex, some old dude like my hubby would do it to make ends meet.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
S&F. Good news, though it does not surprise me. Politicians on the Right have social policy assumptions that are based on nothing but bigotry and hate. I live in FL. All this program was ever intended to do was to humiliate people, not solve any problem or save any money. Republicans only pay lip service to better and more efficient and smaller government; when an opportunity for them arises to get into you pants, your blood or your bedroom, they are all over it and willing to spend any amount of money.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

not every job requires drug screening

Most around here do.

It isn't doing people any favors to live off welfare, unless you help them move into the workforce

Sadly, now there are not enough jobs to go around, OH we have created mess alright.

The corporations should have been left to fail.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join