It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Savings Are Found From Welfare Drug Tests

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
reply to post by RealSpoke

I honestly believe that any type of welfare should only be given for work.
Cleaning up parks, or watching neighborhood children, anything just to make a difference.
It doesn't have to be skilled labor, but it should be beneficial to the community.
I can't stand people sitting around collecting a check for absolutely nothing in return.
In my eyes, you must give something back to the community if you want money from it.
But, no.
That's just entirely too simple of a solution.
And the drug test manufacturers wouldn't get a kick-back.

Can it be? Someone that thinks like I do?

So, here's the plan. Sit down, apply for welfare, and check off what your going to do to get it.
DO SOMETHING, ANYTHING. Nobody should get a handout. No the homeless, handicapped, disabled, no one.

Everyone can do something, even if it's small.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

PROVE TO ME SOMEONE CANT PASS A TEST WITH DRUG METABOLITES IN THERE SYSTEM. if you cant then your statements about drug testing is false. i suggest you accept the truth so u dont embarrass yourself anymore

You may be able to pass on THC by utilitzing an instant test but chances are you wouldnt be as lucky with a laboratory testing your sample.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

it seems you think people are stupid just as the government does, do you work for the government. at this point im thinking u work for them as a dis info agent. if you don't work for them then u are simply lost.

Why all the anger to the other poster? He is simply stating his outlook on the subject and has very valid points. No reason to become hateful and call another poster names.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

It's called Klear and/or potassium nitrate. So many people were using it, the laboratories test for it now.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I am reminded of someone I came upon on Fake Book. Fried of a friend of a friend.

This woman identified herself as a Republican and religious, and I spotted several copied news things on there about drug testing welfare recipients and how she was all in favor of that.

In another post she ranted on about how hard her life was (she's a Suburban Soccer Mom and works part time at a mall boutique), how she was in a 'black mood', and thank GOD for Prozac and Xanax and she was about to mix up a big pitcher of Margaritas.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jough626

The biggest problem now seems to be school loans. If someone gets out of college and can't get a job in their field, they have to take a job working at McDonalds or a job without a livable wage. They then have to start repaying those loans, since they have a job, and it gives them little to live off of. They then qualify for foodstamps. If they stay off drugs than they can still collect foodstamps so it's no big deal. Lots of kids smoke pot in college, so many graduated students are users. No construction firm or factory is going to hire a college graduate of a different field and start training them to work for them when they will probably be leaving as soon as they get employment in their field. College graduates have a harder time finding work outside of their field than people who attended college for a year or so. I was an employer and hired people who wanted to learn the trade and those who wanted to work that kind of work.

How does this all tie to the thread? Everything is tied together, nothing is non pertinent.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

No it is definitely to demonize the poor and make Rick Scott money.

The governors wife owns a healthcare facility that will test the recipients. He makes money while the taxpayer looses.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jough626

A lot of people on welfare HAVE LOW PAYING JOBS on their own

Most state welfare programs have job programs

Federal regulators have approved Ohio’s plant to boost the number of welfare recipients who work or are in job-training programs. The state has until next September to meet federal stipulations that at least half of all adults and 90 percent of people in two-parent households who draw public assistance meet work requirements, according to the Columbus Dispatch.

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
cmon now!

Ok... lets be real here... some real talk!

I know DAMN WELL that every single individual that I know, that if told in advanced... that they were to have to submit to a drug test in order to receive welfare... and they were 'on drugs', that they would find a way to pass it.

Now., I... as a respected member of the ATS community have never, would never, or ever tell another individual to commit a crime and mess with the results of a drug test. BUT! This is not rocket science, I'm sure the screening was done terribly, as well... someone could just simply quit using their drug of cho___censor____.

My point is this...

It's sad that this much money was put towards this...

But to be honest... I can guarantee you that this hurt some pocket book of a thug who 'runs those streets'...

Word spreads quick, and people have means...

The question is, how do we protect tax dollars from being hand fed over to drug users... and supporting their lifestyle right?

Start addressing the drug users, there you will find your answers. Instant lifestyle change, maybe even the removal from the welfare system... and all the rainbows and stars you could ever wish to see.

I say...

No more welfare and spend all that money addressing the true problem... I mean cmon, 100+ million on this silliness...

You give me 10 Million, some subsidies... and I'll show you results.

These people are clownin'!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I am not totally against drug testing, but yea, I think the politicians should be first in line, and I also believe you should actively be looking for work, or at least if able bodied doing community service.

I think what people have a problem with is those who live off it for years and generations.

Now I remember when they drug test my son for a dish-washing job, at a Nursing home, but they never test the doctors, I don't get that.

What's more important clean dishes or your life?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Yes, every one of them is a genius and figured out how to pass those tests, and because they are so smart, that is why they are on welfare.

Excuse me are you saying because you are on welfare you are stupid?

I remember this kid my daughter dated in high school, he was one big dumb oaf, but he had to do a drug test for the military even he knew where to go to get the kit, the head shop, and it worked, now some drugs don't stay in the system long.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

For gods sake tex, eat a doughnut, you are getting crotchety in your old age.

Seriously though, congrats on the weight loss
edit on 053131p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

correct me if im wrong but it seem ur implying(if im reading your sarcasm correctly, that people on welfare are less intelligent than people with money?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

So what your saying is that a lot of the us work force are secret junkies???? who know how to pass drugs test????? OK

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Why should people get free money and not have to drug test? Why is that so much to ask?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

For gods sake tex, eat a doughnut, you are getting crotchety in your old age.

Seriously though, congrats on the weight loss
edit on 053131p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Good God how i would LOVE to have some Krispy Kreme.

When i splurge it is on Reeses though. No Krispy Kreme's around these parts.

Originally posted by PvtHudson
Why should people get free money and not have to drug test? Why is that so much to ask?

So just because some of your tax dollars are going to them, you think it gives you the right to look into their private lives and make decisions based on your own morality?

If you want to have welfare, then have welfare. But don't use it as an excuse to make people grovel.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I am not totally against drug testing, but yea, I think the politicians should be first in line, and I also believe you should actively be looking for work, or at least if able bodied doing community service.

This is my argument....that there are ample opportunities for a recipient of welfare to do something to benefit the hand that is feeding them. From garbage pickup on roadsides to something more sophisticated....there should be no such thing as a free ride to any person capable of producing.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Here they changed from food stamps to link card just for the fact people sold the food-stamps for drugs and alcohol,

If you are receiving food stamps meant to go to feed your children and instead of feeding your children are trading them for drugs and alcohol who suffers?

It happens, and it happens a lot.

I don't begrudge people food, a roof over their head, or clothes on their back.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

This is my argument....that there are ample opportunities for a recipient of welfare to do something to benefit the hand that is feeding them. From garbage pickup on roadsides to something more sophisticated....there should be no such thing as a free ride to any person capable of producing.

I agree Tex, and I think it would benefit them as well, or at least enroll them in school, they either have to work, do community service or be in school.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Was it about saving money or just punishing the poor. I didn't see a big call for the testing of those who took billions in corporate welfare. Bankers are well known for working hard and playing harder. Maybe some of those guys tests may have proved something. But we will never know.

After reading the posts here, it wouldn't surprise me if there is a call for random drug testing, just to make sure.

edit on 14-8-2012 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

I have an idea. Let's drug test Congress (since they get government welfare as well), oh and all of the CEO's who get special tax breaks and bail outs. I wonder how many coc aine habits we'd uncover?..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join