It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was God doing before creation and why did he wait an eternity to create the Universe.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Wait... what?

I guess I see how that kinda addresses what's going on here...

But cmon, you posted an entire section of scripture that is about an enemy of Israel... more propaganda for despotism... and just to toss this in there... The whole space reference, such as Pleiades and Orion and the cubs and what not has to do with agriculture.

Leviathan is an interesting figure or character(anthropomorphism?)...

I'm still on the fence about what the references of Leviathan truly represent... so if you have any information that would be cool.

I guess it matters who's version is being referenced...

Anyways... back to the main reason for my reply. What you presented isn't really addressing the question... at least this is my understanding of it...

I could be wrong, so let me know and explain it further, rather than just posting a wall of text.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DCLXVI

He was making other universes. or he could have been asleep.
or might have been married and wasn't able to do anything without permission.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Well before the big bang came a previous one, and before this God came another one ...
Afterwards too will be the same.

That is the nature of the material universe.

I wasn't expecting such a response

Could you clarify your position for me, please? Are you saying that the universe is cyclical and that there is a God, or what?

You haven't really addressed the question, which was THIS:

"What happened before the big bang?"

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Well I think it's a topic that can make fools of us all.

But I've come to the point in my evening where I want to believe the straight answers I'll give.

Before the "expansion event" (it couldn't really go "bang" in space) there was another creation and eventual cataclysm.

So yeah, I'd say it's cyclical - perhaps infinitely cyclical to our understanding.

I think scientifically we'll only come to some start when we can recognize other dimensions.
Maybe in the future we'll have more answers, or maybe we won't.

Otherwise, until now, I can only say that Lord Krishna told Arjuna that all these wonders of the material universe spring from one spark of his splendor.

edit on 13-8-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
It went something like this:
Bubble, bubble, bubble....snkk, snkkk, COUGH, COUGH, wheeez....
"Oh being-in-my-image-I-haven't-created yet, I could really go for a 7-11 dog covered in spicy, nacho cheese right about now....Me-damn it, there is no such thing. Wait, I know....LET THERE BE LIGHT "
and you know the rest of it...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DCLXVI

God did not wait.
God is not of time so what is 'waiting' when there is no time.
It is eternally now.
Creation is being created now. The human belief in time is a delusion.
Everything is appearing presently in presence as presence.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
You have been indoctrinated, intoxicated and brainwashed with biblical mish mash like so many millions of others before you and all the others that will come after you...........

It is a marvellous plan by men in the passed and present time to take money from people who can't afford to place coffers on the collection plate, who prey on their guilt, unintelligence, terror and fear of something that they are made to believe exists but doesn't........this will go on forever until the world as we know it exists no more..........

Please don't continue with your indoctrinated and brainwashed ideas, think for yourself, have some time out and work it out for yourself and try to understand.....

This idea of a God and the creation of everything is wrong.......

Break the habit that has been passed down to you from former generations and start afresh.......

People who believe in creation and biblical teachings will tell you not to listen to others who tell you that God does not exist, because if you do so then you will be sent to the fires of hell for eternity with the Devil.....

Oh, by the way, the Devil does not exist either........

Please don't forget that the creation by God and all the other biblical mish mash is all a load of bum poo........

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Well, fine, I understand your position, but that's not actually the point of the thread. Would you care to explain whether you believe the universe is cyclical, ever-expanding to be doomed to heat death, or some other theory? Perhaps you'd rather discuss your opinion of the validity of the "big bang" theory.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by prevenge

Very interesting story. It seems, when stripped of its decoration, to be a "big bang" theory, in which the universe collapses on itself eventually to form a new "cosmic egg" ad infinitum. It's a prettier, more human story, but it leaves me just as dissatisfied as the other cyclical universe theories.

The creation story holds God always existed, the Egyptian seems to hold that matter always existed. I find it easier to understand the pre-existence of God than the pre-existence of matter.

but you're looking at the scenario through a linear-time framed view.
time is a construct of the human mind.
it doesn't exist the way it seems to.
in reality, all events exist at one time
matter being a product of consciousness, god always existing,
cyclic dream
Egyptians holding that matter is a product of consciousnesses, a form of it.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DCLXVI

You assume there is 'time' in eternity by using the word 'wait'...
...nothing 'waits' in eternity ... everything is present at once.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by DCLXVI

What did God do before creation?

Silly! God inhaled. Creation always happens on the exhale.

Brilliant...

This is how simple the answer is...

A99

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

the Biblical G-d, is who you are referring to, No?

well that God was battling the Pantheon of other Gods, in Heaven, for a place and an authority within that heirarchy of spirit beings...

He designed and created a heirarchy of helper Angels to rule over certain things/places/laws/rules that guide the metaphysical realms ( he made Staff instead of hiring help).... sort of a precurser to the elements of a future material Universe

...IOW God had a 'sandbox' (in cyber-speak) before he enacted the Physical Universe with the energy/vibration that allows matter to come into being, & the laws & rules that create the molecules necessary to produce lifeforms in every corner of the Cosmos through the process of 'Panspermia'

He then ordered Lucifer (senior staff) to oversee this 'Universe' experiment which the other's in the Pantheon of Gods saw as being unproductive and a vain adventure....
he was generally shunned during all the 6 epochs of creation - until the advent of Man, which was itself a spiritual being born into a material, physical body... which really set off the kingdom of heaven into rebellion

thats when the 'mad-scientist' we know as God came under attack by the population of other Gods in the Heaven realm, as they figuratively stormed the castle with pitchforks, sycthes & torches....

So, all along youse thought that the story Frankenstein did not have a spiritual/religious underpinning,
well the plot was older than time itself...

our mortal world Frankenstein perished in a burning windmill in the end...
will the 'Man' creation have a similar demise at the hands of the heavenly forces aligned against their 'Mad Scientist' we know as God of this Universe

edit on 13-8-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
the concept of space time was created when mans perception of the universe was anchored to the earth and its gravitational distortion of it.

really creation was made the second consciousness became self aware.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Personally, I visualise the universe much like the striking of a match. Initially, it flares brightly before quickly dissipating - a very brief and transient event from the 'outside', but seemingly endless from the inside.

The multiverse would be analogous to an angle grinder spraying out sparks of universes - each one seperate. Depending on the conditions at the beginning, some universes would allow matter to form, which in turn leads to chemisty, which eventually allows the formation of life.

Some may ascribe a 'grand firestarter' (!) to this event; personally I do not.

edit on 13-8-2012 by BagBing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
that is why god is a mythical being thought up by man...man, at the time god was thought up, was simply not knowledgeable enough about his physical world, to "cover all the bases". because of the power of life and death at that time in history that kings and rulers had over the people, they believed what those leaders told them. back then, power was held at the end of a sword, along with a hand on the bread basket.
in todays world. we has the luxury of not having to worry if we will eat each day, or whether we will have our throats cut by a displeased leader......very different times, creates very different ways of surviving.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
God is, God was,God will be... the alpha and the omega baby!!! We can not even understand The ways of God... Time Was made when the word was spoken... Before the big bang there was nothing (time) correct? You got it! Your answer right there!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DCLXVI

Cool thread,

I think he waited an eternity to chill after the last one he tried. Then he realized it'd at least be more fun to roll the dice again, even if the odds were in his favor.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This is not for us to understand, as much as we would like to. Sit back and enjoy the trip that is life, appreciate it and dont waste it.

I personally do not believe in the christian GOD so to speak but i do believe there exists in some form, a Supreme Architect that had a hand( or a mere thought) in the creation of everything we can experience with the senses we were giving.

Could be that we see time entirely different than what it appears to be, maybe that because we were all born with a death sentance from the start and that is why we see our lives as an hour glass ever dwindling down. Now to something that exists without time a mere 5,000,000 years is an eye blink.

Remember we only think we know how old the universe is and we are only humans, what makes us think we are right? What do we have to compare to?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DCLXVI

Originally posted by jude11
I just can't understand why approx. 3/4 of new members post these 'thought provoking' religious threads lately.

Why are you doing this? Is there nowhere else for you to lurk? Do you believe you will make converts out of realistic thinkers?

Thanks but please explain your agenda.

Peace

Was going to answer this ridiculous post, then not, then yes, then not, then i said to myself even do you are obviously looking for this answer (from the trollish look of your reply) i will give it anyways.

Why are you doing this? Asking people what they think of one of the greatest mystery of the Universe in order to work my mind and imagination. You have a problem with that?

Is there nowhere else for you to lurk? I think that this place is just right. You should leave the creation forum if religion/creation makes you nervous.

Do you believe you will make converts out of realistic thinkers? Do you know me? Do you know what i believe in?

convert realistic thinkers..lol i have to admit, you made me laugh.

edit on 13-8-2012 by DCLXVI because: (no reason given)

I dont realy care about your agenda, your initial question is a very interesting thought experiment

BUT, calling it one of the greater mysteries of the universe is simply wrong.....God is NOT a mystery, but a HOAX, that said I still find your question intriguing.

You could ask me how do you prove God exists?
My answer to that would be why do I need to prove it, if God wants recognition the least he could do would be to show himself public or in our minds. If he does not show himself to me it is obvious because he dont need me or that he doesn't exist.

Few other questions about God (you dont have to answer):
Why does God need missionaries to spread he's message, if he is allmighty he could just implement our religious beliefs into ALL living things by simply wishing it to be so.

If God is all mighty would it be possible for him to create a stone he himself couldn't lift?

Even if God without doubt did exist, he wouldn't be my God, I dont allign myself to evil. (My reason for saying that is all the evil that he allows to go on day after day - like wars or destruction of other species and our future).

Why are there so many starving people in our world? To a God of good there should be a simple solution to this right?

Why does God demand the death of so many innocent people in the Bible?
- Exodus 35:2 – God demands that we kill everyone who works on the Sabbath day.
- Deuteronomy 21:18-21 – God demands that we kill disobedient teenagers.
- Leviticus 20:13 – God demands the death of homosexuals.
- Deuteronomy 22:13-21 – God demands that we kill girls who are not virgins when they marry.
And so on… There are lots of verses like these.
Why would a loving God want us to murder our fellow human beings over such trivial matters? Just because you work on the wrong day of the week, you must die? That makes no sense, does it? In fact, if you think about it, you realize that it is insane.

Why is God such a huge proponent of slavery in the Bible?
- Exodus 21:20-21 – God says that it is OK to own slaves, and it is also OK to beat them.
- Colossians 3:22-24 – Slaves need to obey their masters.
- Ephesians 6:5 – Slaves need to obey their masters just as they would obey Christ.
- 1 Peter 2:18 – Slaves need to obey their masters, even if their masters are harsh .

You can find hundreds of other questions indicating God either is a hoax or an evil deity.....
Still not sure what God would have done before the creation if he indeed did exist...

(Flame on and sorry if you feel hurt about my statements - thats not intended)

edit on 13-8-2012 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DCLXVI

You cannot really use time terminology to speak about something that is beyond spatial and temporal logic. The act of waiting implies a time gap, but there wasn't any simply because there was no time. In any case, trying to understand what happened before the creation is pointless. It is infinitely beyond the boundaries of our perception.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join