It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was God doing before creation and why did he wait an eternity to create the Universe.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DCLXVI

so its like this: when Lucifer decided to go against God, He punishes lucifer by casting him out away from Gods glory (Light) witch before there was only light no darkness, therefor now there is a void between Light and Darkness. keep in mind that this is in a forth dimensional reality, now this void is filled with a three dimensional reality(that's us) that no one may cross from Darkness to Light and from Light to Darkness.
edit on 8/13/2012 by o0pinMind0o because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DCLXVI

This reminds me of playing D&D. When you have a high level wizard with an intelligence score of over 20. It get's a little difficult to roleplay that especially since it's hard to relate to someone that's that smart.

And if something is all omniscient and omnipotent how do you relate to that? We can't.
How do we know he wasn't taking a nap or break or doing some research?
Was he with his mate? I don't know.

The point is... if people are hard enough to read at times. How do you know what mood the all powerful one is in?
You don't. And at best it's just a guess.
edit on 13-8-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Good Question that noone can honestly answer at the moment. I understand that we can "pretend" for the sake of your question regarding what god was doing before everything was created and the long wait. I dont pretend.

My answer is simple. Only because I truly do not know if god exists or not. If god does exist, I cannot fathom that god would be human like-(he him his her). I do believe in the Universe and that it does exist. As far as to what created it, I dont know. What I do know is that I am here existing at the moment. We seem to develope our own personal truths of lifes questions regarding our existence and what had happened before the Universe started. Maybe it has always been. Im relying on science to educate us on the hows and whys.

Peace WorldWide
edit on 13-8-2012 by KyleR because: typos

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This could be one of many universes.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Wouldn't the simulation argument suffice here? Look at it this way; we currently use computers to do 'primitive' simulations --- take a look at games like Age of Empires. Using a computer we can simulate a "universe", with it's own parameters of time relative to us. For example 1 minute for us = 1000 years for the simulation.

"God" may be a digital pioneer. Before he used a computer to create us, was it eternity for him?? Likewise, if we create a computer that does the same, does that mean we existed for eternity? No. It's paradoxical in that the conscious creator is outside of the space-time parameters of his [conscious] creations. One cannot metaphorically climb back up the ladder; only climb down.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hes busy creating heaven, hell, angels, satan and their universes, but again, time doesnt pass on him since time is limited on universe bubble. How do you he waited for eternity anyway ? He might playing with these universes, make destroy at whim a million times already, yet we felt it like a billion years, because he can. The smaller you are the slower time passes, think bacteria on petri dish.

And what does eternity means to something that overcome it ? - nothing i guess.

All in all, we cannot imagine him, its too much for our small brain.
edit on 13-8-2012 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
There are some that believe a world existed before this one. One that had been at war among the angels. between Satan and and god.
Angels have to have free will or Satan would not have been able to rebel, be cast out, taking a third of the angels with him.

Go on Yutube and look up Chuck Missler on Genesis if you want something thought provoking. He has an interesting theory I think.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

All in all, we cannot imagine him, its too much for our small brain.

Bingo... and yet we continually to try and find answers to questions that only God would know.

Is it important for us to know and understand how all things were created ?

I think God wants us to understand some things, and gives us some knowledge, but we need to understand the deeper things of the heart as well as science, and some things we will not know or understand, unless at some point He wants us to.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DCLXVI

This means that at the moment of Creation he had BEEN for an eternity. Why wait an eternity? what was he doing?

well this is assuming on rather you think god created ALL within this time. I personally believe the higher realms or what we would call Heaven have been around much longer, and that the creation of our known universe (planets,life,etc) are what we refer to as the big bang.

Now I'm sure someone will be along to ask me who created God, or Heaven..so ill say it right now I dont know, and neither does anyone on this board, and if anyone is thinking about this question ask yourself this, what started the big bang? random gases and matter? so where did this matter come from? why did the big bang "just" happen?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

God created time.

Nah, he didn't create time. 'Time' came with the package. As soon as anything is created it automatically falls into a state of birth, maturity, and decay (be it a fish, a rock, or a god). If it exists, then it will die, or rather, transform into a different state of energy.

So, what has god been doing throughout eternity? Transforming.

I know this because I'm a sane, logical, science minded being. And because I just drank 15 bottles of those five hour energy shots with two beers and 10 Mentos. WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!
edit on 8/13/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I have nothing to contribute to your on going discussion, just wanted to throw it out there that your quote in the sig is damn good

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarIce
reply to post by jiggerj

I have nothing to contribute to your on going discussion, just wanted to throw it out there that your quote in the sig is damn good

Why thank you. And I think yours is AWSOME too!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DCLXVI

To try and understand the eternity of God through the understanding of human time is pointless. Time as we know it was created by man and is how we humans observe and explain change.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
If god is the alpha and the omega do you think he created himself. i mean is that possible for him to do. if not where did he come from? surely he didnt evolve from something. or was there a gods god that made him and peaced out?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

Ecclesiastes 1:9

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DCLXVI
This is a thought experiment, that you are a theist or atheist is irrelevant.

Our premise is that God created the Universe starting with the Big Bang and then followed cosmological evolution that eventually lead to biological evolution and to humans.

God being eternal WAS for an eternity before the creation of the Universe. This means that at the moment of Creation he had BEEN for an eternity. Why wait an eternity? what was he doing?

I like to think he was fantasizing about the creation to come, thinking of every single detail, of the emplacement of every quark,boson,hadron to follow the initial singularity. Building up enough power to initiate creation perhaps?

I hope i will get many reply related to the thought experiment and not so much about the premise of the experiment. If you just cannot pretend that a God created our Universe for the sake of this thread do not bother replying.

Can't wait to read the replies.

Every time i try to imagine God before creation, this is all i see.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/wy50289844.jpg[/atsimg]

Facinating thread.

Time. Time is monitered by the state of the decaying of matter. Time is physical and must adhere to the physical laws of a physical universe. The spiritual realm is not physical, therefore I make the conclusion that time does not exist in the spiritual realm. Of course as physical beings, this makes the concept I am attempting to illustrate impossible to grasp fully but, this is God we are talking about here.

Prior to the creation of the physical realm, God first had to determine perfection in His sequence of events (plan), in that determination it was concluded that in order to reproduce Himself (Elohim, the family of God) mankind must be made physical first (able to change over TIME) rather then spiritual (cannot change because there is no TIME).

Because God's perfect Holy and Righteous character cannot be created by fiat and still consist of free moral agents (unique individuals rather then pre-programmed robots), God needed to be able to create His children as physical beings in order to forge the Holy charater (God's way of thinking) needed to safely bestow all of creation under their subjection as rulers of all life with their Father God Almighty, by the end of His perfect Plan. This also required the pre-known need for a Passover sacrifce to cover the natural sins of being made physical (selfish) in order to forge spiritual growth (becoming selfless). Thus the knowledge of the need for Jesus Christ pre-dates the creation of the physical realm.

God then first created the angelic host. Spirit beings of free moral agency (able to choose for themselves how to live) knowing how in time both those who remain loyal to God (angels) and those who choose to oppose His way of life (demons) would be used in forging God's Holy and Righteous character in physical mankind.

God allowed these beings to witness the widespread creation of the universe (called the Big Bang) and they were in awe of the power of God. Much time passed physically after that moment and the rebellion of 1/3 of the angels (to be called demons as a result of their choice to disobey God's laws). By the time of the rebellion Earth was beaming with animal life (dinosaur eras), but then Lucifer rebelled and lead 1/3rd of the angelic realm against Almighty God. This was by design and was the natural course God knew would occur as a result of giving angels free moral agency, but God needed the creation of evil to help mold and fashion mankind once created.

The battle followed and all life was wiped off of the Earth (extinction level event).

Then came the phase of God's plan which lead to the angelic rebellion in the first place... the creation of physical mankind (Adam and Eve). Lucifer could not accept that a physical being as weak as mankind would be made physically would in time rule over all life in existance as children of God, something He would never be able to do in all his majesty.

The first chapter of Genesis is not about the original creation of the Earth, but the re-creation of it after the extinction level event (angelic rebellion i.e. "the Earth was made to be viod and full of choas..." Gen 1:2) so that it would be fit to sustain physical mankind for a period of just over 7000 years.

That is my best explination of the sequence of events and why it really doesn't matter how long the period was, since the thoughts originated in the spiritual realm where TIME does not exist.

God Bless,

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
"This" was not created it has always been.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

God being eternal WAS for an eternity before the creation of the Universe. This means that at the moment of Creation he had BEEN for an eternity. Why wait an eternity? what was he doing?

Imagine you're reading a fantastic novel and the doorbell rings or you decided to get up and get a fresh cup of coffee. How much time passes in the story from the moment you put the book down until the moment that you pick it up again? If you went back and started reading chapter 2 all over again would the characters notice? If a gunfighter drew his gun and fired and then you dog-eared the page, closed the book, and you waited 50 years to read the next paragraph, the bullet is still hurling towards its target when you pick it up and start reading again.

What was God doing? Other things. Reading other books. Mowing the lawn or doing the dishes. The Universe might not even be created yet today from God's point of view. Maybe it will be created again tomorrow. Perhaps it was destroyed yesterday. We can't know because we are currently inside the story.

edit on 8/13/2012 by dbates because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
You have been indoctrinated, intoxicated and brainwashed with biblical mish mash like so many millions of others before you and all the others that will come after you...........

It is a marvellous plan by men in the passed and present time to take money from people who can't afford to place coffers on the collection plate, who prey on their guilt, unintelligence, terror and fear of something that they are made to believe exists but doesn't........this will go on forever until the world as we know it exists no more..........

Please don't continue with your indoctrinated and brainwashed ideas, think for yourself, have some time out and work it out for yourself and try to understand.....

This idea of a God and the creation of everything is wrong.......

Break the habit that has been passed down to you from former generations and start afresh.......

People who believe in creation and biblical teachings will tell you not to listen to others who tell you that God does not exist, because if you do so then you will be sent to the fires of hell for eternity with the Devil.....

Oh, by the way, the Devil does not exist either........

Please don't forget that the creation by God and all the other biblical mish mash is all a load of bum poo........

How was i indoctrinated or brainwashed ? I did not mention that i believed in God or Not. I seek answers and even though, this question cannot be answered i am very interested in what everyone thinks of it. The existence of God cannot be proven for the moment or refuted, this leaves the door open for speculations and questioning of his Existence for anyone that is intellectually honest.
edit on 13-8-2012 by DCLXVI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Very interesting question OP, I have no answer for, but thank you for giving me something interesting to think about! I guess I lean toward the multiple creations theory. God has probably watched more than one creation destroy itself. Just guessing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join