It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians.....are one of the "witnesses" of Revelations posting on ATS right now?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by netgamer7k
reply to post by deadeyedick

The whole thing with the two witnesses is that they wear the traditional sackcloth as the prophets did, and the two are killed in Jerusalem and are resurrected in the sight of the crowd, and taken up into Heaven. The two are Jewish. And it doesn't say anything about them being married, so they would have to be virgins. God uses these two in incredible ways, so I highly doubt they would not be virgins or are married.
edit on 13-8-2012 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

Your taking leaps.
The bible doesn't say they are killed in jerusalem it says that they will be killed where jesus was crucified and this could be a misinterpretation.
It also does not say that they are jewish.
I'm not saying that your wrong only that i'm not sure.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Actually there is a rapture in Revelation. Read up on the 6th seal. And ask the question. Where did all the people come from?
I don't see the "innumerable crowd" scene as being something that is supposed to be understood as falling in any specific time, and the throne is not specified as being either on earth or in heaven.
edit on 13-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by netgamer7k
However, the Bible does say that the two witnesses will be Jewish male virgins.

I suspect that the percentage of male virgins posting on ATS is higher than the national average

HA HA HAA HAA HAAAAAA......that was funny...............

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Lebron James is one of the witnesses, clearly. You seen the posters?

The other one is Paul Ryan. He's just a stand up guy all day.

I think biblical prophecy serves to get people in the mood for an apocalyptic period (not necessarily negative) and prepares the masses for accepting a messiah.

I don't buy into the notion that it's all going to play out exactly as written down to details like the seven seals, the two witnesses, horses and trumpets and whatnot. Isn't there some sort of bug monsters too? Giant crickets or something? Nonsense.

Main point is that some dude is going to become the unquestioned Alpha.

Pretty sure these events follow a detailed plan written by whoever runs the show...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Of all the different types of people on earth today who would you want the witnesses to be like?
A virgin,banker,lawyer,priest,baker... or someone that has lived,loved and lost due to the workings of evil?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Two opposites, a tribal guru shaman type and a Western finance magnate.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60
Quote.
I don't see the "innumerable crowd" scene as being something that is supposed to be understood as falling in any specific time, and the throne is not specified as being either on earth or in heaven.

Actually Revelation answers both questions.

Revelation 1.
9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

Day of the Lord

He was in spirit as in seeing a vision on the Day of the Lord. End times.

The location is in Heaven.

Revelation 4.
1 After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.

And here is the important detail in chap 4.
6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

The sea of glass is empty. The people come later. After the 6th seal is opened. As if they suddenly appear out of nowhere.

Revelation 7.
9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Also here is another view of what is happening on the day of the Lord. This is from the ground.
Matthew 24
26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

On the day of the Lord the elect are gathered and taken to Heaven. Revelation 7 is what happens when they get there.
edit on 14-8-2012 by ntech because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-8-2012 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

The sea of glass is empty. The people come later. After the 6th seal is opened. As if they suddenly appear out of nowhere.
You are assuming the throne never moves, ignoring the earlier comment in the sixth seal where the people call on the mountains to fall on them to hide them from the one who sits on the throne. So it seems the logical reason why "all of a sudden" there were people is because the throne came down to earth, as it also seems to be in the last chapter of Revelation, with the river of life flowing from the throne.
edit on 14-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

The bible doesn't say they are killed in jerusalem it says that they will be killed where jesus was crucified and this could be a misinterpretation.
Probably not of Revelation, but it could be the result of an attempt by the writer of Revelation to incorporate an earlier tradition that also shows up in the Apocalypse of Elijah. This book tells a story of how Elijah and Enoch return to earth when they get news that the antichrist beast is about to be revealed. You see the similar theme coming up in verse 7

When they have completed their testimony, the beast that comes up from the abyss will make war on them and conquer them and kill them.
edit on 14-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join