It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians.....are one of the "witnesses" of Revelations posting on ATS right now?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by TechUnique
I thought that the two witnesses came post rapture? Or at least during the reign of the Antichrist. Also I thought that they were going to be preaching at the wailing wall in.. Jerusalem/Bethlehem I think?

Yes, they appear after the harpazo of the bride.

I told the person "good news, you'll only be dead three and half days anyway". The people always saying they are the witnesses never seem to catch on to their own mortality and never seem to read that verse that points out they will be killed in front of the whole world on the street in Jerusalem. Sometimes people get so caught up in their own bubble they forget to apply everything regarding them. I think they like the ego boost or something.

They do not get caught up in their own bubble, they get caught up in Satan's bubble. Just because they do not know what they are saying doesn't not make them liars. It makes them false prophets claiming to be a prophet and self anointing.
edit on 12-8-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Like i said in a different thread by a bloke claiming to be Elijah or the other unnamed witness (Enoch?), there are specific requirements to be met before the 2 prophets come and they haven't happened yet. As Warminindy mentioned, all these false prophets do not even know the biblical requirements that proceed the prophets and whenever i see someone claim they are a prophet i just have to :shk:. The Temple hasn't even been rebuilt and that's one of the pre-requisites to the revealing of the man of sin. The Antichrist's flunkies are the ones who kill the prophets.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

Olive trees give olive oil, and these countries, where the two witnesses come from, are Following the way of Love (this is from the Bible) and the Way of Jesus. SO therefore they are Churches-neat eh?! They are the two olive trees.

You haven't met any of the prophets and they are not the two Olive Trees. You weren't paying attention when Christ was giving the parables. He gives another twist to the 2 Olive Trees in John 10 during his Good Shepherd speech.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Why does it always have to be either Satan or Jesus with you? It's as if there is no wiggle room in your brain for new ideas, it's always the same old two ideas repeated over and over again ad nauseum.

Do you not enjoy learning new things? Are you content with being rooted in the same thought process for the rest of your life? That seems a bit boring in my opinion. Change makes life interesting and exciting, you should definately try it some time.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Why does it always have to be either Satan or Jesus with you? It's as if there is no wiggle room in your brain for new ideas, it's always the same old two ideas repeated over and over again ad nauseum.

Do you not enjoy learning new things? Are you content with being rooted in the same thought process for the rest of your life? That seems a bit boring in my opinion. Change makes life interesting and exciting, you should definately try it some time.

Because it's Satan or Jesus duh. I learn new things everyday from scripture. I spent 14 years with my head up my ass as an agnostic/atheist, i love learning about Jesus. You're pissing in the wind with me buddy, you might as well not even bother talking to me because you're wasting your time.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Wow, why so hostile? All I was doing was asking a question and making a suggestion, geez. Lighten up a bit.

You seem like a really intelligent person from your posts, I just think it's a shame you can't broaden your horizons even a little bit.

ETA: I reread what I said and it did come off as though I was being insensitive, that wasn't my intent so I apologize for that. No hard feelings?

edit on 13-8-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Quite a few tools on this site.... Pretty ntertaining non the less ...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
What we do know, about the bible, is that it is mostly stolen work. The things mentioned there, can be identified in other cultures, and there they predate the bible by far.

Many people want to believe that "these" are the end times. It's a horrifying idea, that people even want it to be the end times. It's not ... but the fact remains, that there are powers on this planet who are creating scenarios that make people think it is.

If you want to believe in the Bible, or any other biblical work ... then there is one passage you should take before any other.

"By their deeds, will you know them".

You're not supposed to listen to what someone says he is. Nor are you supposed to listen to peoples claims ... you're supposed to look at what they do.

A good man, is only as good as the deeds he leaves behind him. An evil man, is only as evil as the deets he has personally committed.

We are living at the times of lies ... and as such, we might say that we are living the times of the antichrist. But really ... is that you want to believe, or is it what is out there ... ask yourself.

Ask yourself this question, any man or people who want to create the scenario for the end-times, is wishing for the end of the world. He or they are wishing for the death of all humanity ... 262144 people will survive, the rest will die .. or was it mere 144 thousand that will survive, I forget. We're talking about the death of 6 billion people.

You think any man, who wants this scenario to occurr ... is a good man? Hell no, he or they are as evil as evil men can get. period, end of discussion.

Religion has run it's course ... this applies to all religions. Not just christianity or islam. In the old days, Christianity and Islam were a preferred religion to their pre-religion. Because both of these religions have their Messiah already appearing, and Jesus chose to die so the world could live ... I don't know the Muhammed version of it, but I guess it's quite similar.

Now, if there is a God ... do you think God needs people to step forward and tell him what has perspired on Earth? Really?

Hardly ... you'd have to be retarded to think God needs witnesses to tell him about what the nations of Earth have done to them.

So, what does God need Witnesses for ...

What is a Witness? it's someone who can bear Evidence of a Crime.

You think GOD needs YOU to tell him a crime was committed? Now, if you think so ... then I seriously suggest you get your head examined. He's the almighty.

So, what does God need a witness for ... what would be the "Witness" of a crime ... to God?

The earth is full of people who died unjustly. Does God need someone to bear witness that they did? Does the all seeing God, need a witness to tell him someone died unjustly?

No, he doesn't ... he only needs a witness to what he doesn't see. So, if he sees everything ... what does he need a witness for?

God can see through every mans heart ... does he need someone to tell him, whats in your heart?

No, he doesn't.

So, logically there is only one explanation to what he needs a witness for ... and who the witness is.

The witness ... is the perpetrator. The one who committed the crime, and is committing it.

GOD, doesn't need second hand information about a crime ...

Now, you still want to be that witness?

edit on 13/8/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/8/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

One can judge a prophet by the accuracy of his predictions, I suppose.

A false prophet and the devil can stage this, make no mistake. Miracles and wonders are often used by false prophets, fake or not. Because this is what people long for - what can be seen, heard, touched, felt. People care for these more than the truth.

A true prophet on the other hand, is a sign that something is terribly wrong with the religious doctrine at that time, otherwise, there is no need for a prophet. I'm not just speaking about Catholics but all mainstream religions/denominations of Christianity included too.

As taught by Jesus and in the Book of Enoch, it's always the religious people who persecute and kill the true prophets because they can't take the insults they're teaching the wrong doctrine.

Especially this time, people will be more vicious. Never in our history has the world been so wealthy. Jesus kept teaching it's very had to part people with money, even with Christians then. It's one of the reasons He was crucified.

edit on 13-8-2012 by ahnggk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Not necessarily in the new covenant. Prophet is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 4)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I agree with 'prophet' or prophecy, but not the rest of what Paul said in that verse, I suppose you are referring to Ephesians 4:11.

You must also see Matthew 23:34, the one coming from Jesus.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Yes, they appear after the harpazo of the bride.

Except that there is no such thing in Revelation.
There is something called the bride that comes down from heaven.
Maybe you are thinking of Rev. 19:9

. . . Blessed are those who are invited to the banquet at the wedding celebration of the Lamb! . . .

There is no description of a Rapture in connection with this event, or for that matter, any mention of Rapture anywhere else in Revelation, except one of a male child in 12:5

. . . Her child was suddenly caught up to God and to his throne . . .
edit on 13-8-2012 by jmdewey60 because: add Bible quote: "For the creation eagerly waits for the revelation of the sons of God." Romans 8:19

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The answer to your question is "No".

The 2 witnesses will be wearing sack-cloth and they will be in Jerusalem. Not on the internet.

Biblical sack-cloth is black, and is considered a fabric to be worn during times of mourning.

Thus, the 2 witnesses will most likely be wearing black garments and they will be preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the midst of Jerusalem.

I personally believe that it may be possible that the 2 witnesses could be Orthodox Jews whom are given divine revelation and understanding as to the truth of the Gospel message and Christ as the true Messiah. Therefore, their public display of evangelizing will be considered "blasphemy" by most of those who hear them. Orthodox Jews also wear black garments.
Although I am also still open to the possibility that they may be 2 wholly unknown people that seem to appear through supernatural/inexplicable circumstances.

It says that people will rejoice and exchange gifts when the 2 prophets are finally murdered by The Beast, that their bodies will lay in the streets of Jerusalem for 3 1/2 days, then they will ascend.
When that happens, it will be the end of the second woe.

First woe is an asteroid or comet that will hit the earth. Most likely somewhere in the Pacific.
Second woe is 2 witnesses.
Third woe is massive CME & meteor shower.

Having said all that, I do not believe that the true actual 2 witnesses will have to tell anyone that they are God's witnesses. They will appear, through whatever circumstances, do what they came to do, be murdered, left to rot while others rejoice for 3 1/2 days, then ascend, much to the dismay of those that hated them.,.....second woe.

Peace brother.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Actually there is a rapture in Revelation. Read up on the 6th seal. And ask the question. Where did all the people come from?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The internet is full of people claiming to be this or that, and there are so many people out there claiming the be the two witnesses. It's probably the most common false claim people make.

However, the Bible does say that the two witnesses will be Jewish male virgins. And if this person isn't that then well it's another false claim.
edit on 13-8-2012 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by netgamer7k
However, the Bible does say that the two witnesses will be Jewish male virgins.

I suspect that the percentage of male virgins posting on ATS is higher than the national average

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by netgamer7k
However, the Bible does say that the two witnesses will be Jewish male virgins.

I suspect that the percentage of male virgins posting on ATS is higher than the national average

Hey. Nothing wrong with that.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Where does the bible say anything about the two being virgins?
Maybe your thinking about the 144000 male virgins.

Revelation 14:1-4
King James Version (KJV)
14 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:

3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

The whole thing with the two witnesses is that they wear the traditional sackcloth as the prophets did, and the two are killed in Jerusalem and are resurrected in the sight of the crowd, and taken up into Heaven. The two are Jewish. And it doesn't say anything about them being married, so they would have to be virgins. God uses these two in incredible ways, so I highly doubt they would not be virgins or are married.
edit on 13-8-2012 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I always thought that the two witnesses mentioned in the Book of Revelations are Enoch and Elijah. But given that I have no evidence of this....I will just leave it as an idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join