It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Made a Gigapan from the high resolution images from Sol 3! (Curiosity rover on Mars)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
reply to post by impaired

Nice work Impaired!

Have you got any answer from NASA yet?

Edit, just read that you got an answer.
edit on 12-8-2012 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

Actually I conveyed the message wrong (I just woke up). I just should have copied and pasted it:

Thanks for sharing your version of the mosaic. It's pretty incredible. The version NASA released was processed in a standard way and as quickly as possible to get it out to the public. There will be better versions created by the team. I'll show them this one for now.

If you're not aware, there are other people such as yourself who create better versions of the image products from NASA. You might want to post yours here:

www.unmannedspaceflight.com...

Dr. Ashwin R. Vasavada
MSL Deputy Project Scientist
LRO Diviner Co-Investigator

Wow. I missed the bold part. I thought he was saying that "I'll show you this one (we're working on) for now", but there was no attachment to the email, so I was like WTF? Then I re-read it and was like, "Awwww yayeah!"

And ArMap: Damn dude - you know your stuff.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
Unfamiliarity with photo processing prompts me to ask about what I am seeing in the right hand side of your images...
edit on 12-8-2012 by totallackey because: clarity

The white spots? If so - it's missing data (images). I will throw them in whenever the heck they come in. I want this complete enough so I can frame it on my wall (oooooohhhh).

If not the white spots, then do you mean the metal "poles" on the right? It's the rover.

If I didn't hit it, then could you show me a screenshot or something? Thanks.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Yes. The poles. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Sorry guys - I KNEW I had a 500 MB TIFF here.

Here's the magnet URI (Just paste it to your browser and hit enter).

Make sure you have a torrent program. Enjoy!!!!!

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7A4DA919CB957C0E6B3F4A0063116E825DFF0C43&dn=Mars%20Curiosity%20Panorama%20%28Images%20from%20SOL%203%29%20HIGHEST%20RESOLUTION.bmp &tr=udp%3a//tracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80/announce&ws=http%3a//remote.utorrent.com/talon/seed/9416416096/content/616cd48

And it's 457 MB to be exact! Go get it!
edit on 8/12/2012 by impaired because: Fixed!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Thank you. Does the material have a copy write? I do not want to get sued or subject you to a suit.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey

Thank you. Does the material have a copy write? I do not want to get sued or subject you to a suit.

Haha, yeah right. I don't sell my work - music or this...

Free is the way it should be.
Go for it! Have fun!

Edit - And I don't think you can copyright NASA's public domain files anyway. It's all good. I WANT you all to have this and share it. That's also why I made it.
edit on 8/12/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I don't like my torrent program to be open all of the time, so please get your grabs while I am the only seeder.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Has anyone debunked the crab from the shill test? Just wondering since I can't find any info on ATS. Shill Test

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jodlum66
Has anyone debunked the crab from the shill test? Just wondering since I can't find any info on ATS. Shill Test

I don't see a crab, ahah. Organic life as we know it couldn't make it on Mars - not unless it was perhaps underground.

But what crab?

And that was not from Curiosity. It was uploaded last year.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Lol, how do you know there isn't oxygen on Mars? Not that I believe there is, but do you believe everything you are told by science books? I guess if everyone believed the world was flat, then I should too. Even if there isn't an atmosphere on Mars, isn't it possible there are organisms that don't require oxygen to live?
Of course the photo isn't from Curiosity, its an Old Nasa photo. And how do you not see an object on the end of the tube thingy? Even if it isn't a crab, you have to admit it looks like one.
P.s I have a feeling you need a link so you can donate some money to Nasa. Sorry I don't have one.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jodlum66

Lol, how do you know there isn't oxygen on Mars? Not that I believe there is, but do you believe everything you are told by science books? I guess if everyone believed the world was flat, then I should too. Even if there isn't an atmosphere on Mars, isn't it possible there are organisms that don't require oxygen to live?
Of course the photo isn't from Curiosity, its an Old Nasa photo. And how do you not see an object on the end of the tube thingy? Even if it isn't a crab, you have to admit it looks like one.
P.s I have a feeling you need a link so you can donate some money to Nasa. Sorry I don't have one.

Righto...

And moving along!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Ok - I made the 457 MB .TIFF into a torrent, and I got it right, finally.

Go get it!

extratorrent.com... urrent+panorama.torrent

If that's too big - here's a 65 MB .JPG:

extratorrent.com...

Smaller ones to come.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
These angles... some formerly-active/interesting processes must be responsible (hopefully more than light-wind erosion after millions of years -- I guess that could still be active and just very slow). The many fragments at first glance really look like what would be left if a body of fluid went away after a very long time, no? Angles aside... something busted up these surface fragments!

edit on 8/13/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

I don't know much about geology, but couldn't it just be ejecta from the asteroid collision?

If so, it looks like the force was so strong is just broke rocks in chunks.

But I could be totally wrong. Just guessing, actually.

But the slope is cool. It almost looks like you can reach out and touch the rock.

Interesting.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Good call, possibly so. It's just so weird to see this stuff everywhere, this mission and prior. But looking at the moon, where impact marks are everywhere and have not been lost to weathering/geologic processes, is similar I suppose.

I still think we are in for some amazing revelations once Curiosity gets its mobile lab up and running. :-)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Here is a screen shot of a few strange looking rocks I found.

One looks to have grooves in it that look artificial. the other just has a different formation compaired to any other I have seen in the photo.

Probably nothing but interesting non the least.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light

Look just 3 posts up.
What a coincidence... What's the deal with these rocks?

Regardless, they just look awesome.

Oh wait - I didn't scroll to the right! What the hell?

Top rock looks more normal for Mars - perhaps covered in dust.

But that bottom one...
edit on 8/13/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Oh wow I guess great minds think alike. That big smooth one seems more natural to me but it is a strange formation.

The grooved one got my attention much more because the grooves are in a more artificial pattern.
Its almost like a piece of pottery?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light

Oh wow I guess great minds think alike. That big smooth one seems more natural to me but it is a strange formation.

The grooved one got my attention much more because the grooves are in a more artificial pattern.
Its almost like a piece of pottery?

Wait until you see this. I went into the 457 MB TIFF and I zoomed in as much as I can. Nice find. I think you may have something here! The thing on the top does look like pottery (looks like - not saying it is
) but the thing underneath looks like... Dookie - ahahah. What the hell IS that??

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
We do have to remember that when the parachute busted open, bolts and/or screw-type things were thrown. The one on top could be one of those - just using Occam's razor.

Edit - I think that top thing has a hole in it. Start a thread on this right now and use that image, please. You discovered it.
edit on 8/13/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join