It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Made a Gigapan from the high resolution images from Sol 3! (Curiosity rover on Mars)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Meh, teh. I am in doubt about ...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by fallow the light

The circle in the bottom right... well- it looks like petrified poop. I am not trying to be funny. I have seen feces that has gotten to that point (and laminated stuff at Animal Kingdom), and it simply looks like petrified crap.

I am no where near being a geologist.. I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

But are you a poopologist?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DumbTopSecretWriters
Meh, teh. I am in doubt about ...

I don't know if that's a joke (well, it IS a joke) - I mean the left two images in comparison. If that's someone saying that Ireland looks the same as that Mars image it's because they are both the same image.

Someone just changed the colors and added rover images.

So unless someone came upon NASA's secret stash where they have their raw real Ireland images, then that's clearly fake and wrong.

I don't get that meme - I'm sorry - can someone explain it to me?
(over my head)
edit on 8/13/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by fallow the light

The circle in the bottom right... well- it looks like petrified poop. I am not trying to be funny. I have seen feces that has gotten to that point (and laminated stuff at Animal Kingdom), and it simply looks like petrified crap.

I am no where near being a geologist.. I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

But are you a poopologist?

Creatures on Mars come out nightly to poop. Haha, but seriously, it DOES look like poop. Again - not saying it is.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

if you look at the part of the rover seen in the lower left, not all the way in the corner, but the part with all the white and black circle focus thingys. there is a part that is whited out in some of the NASA photos that show that spot but not in yours. I bet they were trying to hide that technology so you'd better watch your ass

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

and another thing, with your picture. starting at the left side again, zoom in to where the foreground meets the haze in the distance and start dragging the picture to the left. anybody notice those two black dots? you could say they are just dark rocks on the ground with the one on the left further up the slope farther away from the camera, but I say they are in the air because they are the same darkness and the one on the left would be hazier. The one on the left is higher than the one on the right but they are the same distance away from the camera. That would put at least the one on the left in the air, probably both. I don't see any more of those "black rocks" that far back or any at all in the rest of the picture (edit: actually I did find more in the air in the haze with no mountains behind them). anyone have some other idea what's going on, or do I have to read the whole thread?
edit on 13-8-2012 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
...the fact that the shadows are being cast to the left helps me think that, as if the rock had a concave area there it would be in the shadow cast by the side of the rock.

I know it's off topic but that's how I know my "concave ufo" is not a balloon.

back on topic those are some crazy shaped stones. could swear I see a pyramid shaped one and a pentagonal one too. could also swear I can find a grey alien head (seriously) in some other one, forgot where I saw it. In the gigpan one I see black dots in the air in front of the haze. Give Phage a call. Which one of you has his number? I don't know how to do a screen grab so could someone help me out? Springer, get Ritzman!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
Here's theirs: Still very nice:

Maybe I can beat them to the punch when the missing high resolution images come in?
edit on 8/11/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

it's telling me it can't load the picture because there are "errors" that haven't been edited out yet

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Found Something interesting in your gigapan.... looks like a "toy", or a "mummy toy".... take a look.

[IMG=http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/9766/mummyt.png][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PS: Its located just below the middle white rectangle....ZOOM IN A LOT!...
edit on 13-8-2012 by saxosuper1600 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Lol I found a few... Dookie looking pictures. They are all green and rounded maybe I will post them but I'm afraid the skeptics might call bull $hit....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I'm on it!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Here is the thread you requested me to make, my friend. Its probably nothing but worth the discussion none the least.

Pottery looking rock

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
That's really cool man. Awesome resolution.

But I'm going to have say it. Mars looks really boring.
I hope they find some cool stuff.

ETA: Wow yours is a lot better, maybe they'll offer you a job.
edit on 11-8-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

I hope they fess up to some cool stuff

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Yes, I was just going to post re the black dots in the sky, they sem to have a circular haze around them BUT I'm going to err on the side of the stitching process here, the dots seem equidistant when they are seen across the image, they also seem to be about the same level across the page which for me would again suggest stitching blending inaccuracies.

BUT, I'd love them to be Mars craft watching the rover

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
BUT I'm going to err on the side of the stitching process here, the dots seem equidistant when they are seen across the image, they also seem to be about the same level across the page which for me would again suggest stitching blending inaccuracies.

if you start from the left the first one is higher in the haze than the next one which is just over the line where the haze meets the ground. the others are also not straight across in a line and one of the higher ones has one to the left of it but is hazier indicating it is further back into the haze. I wonder why no one else has spotted these. Maybe to busy looking at petrified alien poo

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Hello everyone

I found this on the picture. It looks strange.

greetings

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

reply to post by bottleslingguy

Yes, I was just going to post re the black dots in the sky, they sem to have a circular haze around them BUT I'm going to err on the side of the stitching process here, the dots seem equidistant when they are seen across the image, they also seem to be about the same level across the page which for me would again suggest stitching blending inaccuracies.

BUT, I'd love them to be Mars craft watching the rover

Haha, yeah that would be funny.

But those black dots in the sky are indeed artifacts - that much I know. Trust ME.

And the circular haze is (what *I* believe to be) an artifact surrounding the artifact. Ever see those UFO videos on Youtube when it's just lights in the sky? Things like that (Lights in the sky - nothing more, nothing less) usually or always have a haze around them.

So yeah, Artifacts. Shoot - I mean DIGITAL artifacts, ahaha.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bilbom
Hello everyone

I found this on the picture. It looks strange.

greetings

Nice catch! Looks like someone's WWII helmet!

But that is a cool looking rock (or whatever it is).
edit on 8/14/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy

BUT I'm going to err on the side of the stitching process here, the dots seem equidistant when they are seen across the image, they also seem to be about the same level across the page which for me would again suggest stitching blending inaccuracies.

if you start from the left the first one is higher in the haze than the next one which is just over the line where the haze meets the ground. the others are also not straight across in a line and one of the higher ones has one to the left of it but is hazier indicating it is further back into the haze. I wonder why no one else has spotted these. Maybe to busy looking at petrified alien poo

We're not saying it's poo. We're saying it LOOKS like poo - that's why it's so funny. And if you're talking about those black dots the size of a pixel with a little circular haze around them, they are digital artifacts. Take my word for it.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
well I'm definitely not taking your word for anything and I'm getting pretty pissed at these twenty billion dollar fiascoes using second rate equipment.

How in the hell can we get anything figured out when NASA uses crap?
edit on 14/8/2012 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
But those black dots in the sky are indeed artifacts - that much I know. Trust ME.

in some way prove that's what they are. how about some other rover pics with the same kind of artifact or are they a one time thing? trust is a tall order around these here parts so spare me the "trust me" part.

p.s. any reason why NASA would white out that part of the rover in some pics but not in others?

edit on 14-8-2012 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join