It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 6 Plus EQ hit northern Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Next update:

Update 19:59 UTC : New report : 180 people killed and 1300 injured. 6 villages (we can talk about small towns in Iran as they have mostly thousands of inhabitants) have been almost completely destroyed. - This quote reaches us from Tabriz via our I Have Felt It system : I am a 28 year old Doctor. I was in hospital when the earthquake occurred. It was really a strong and long-lasting one. It was not gonna stop at all!!!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Another pretty good size aftershock just hit...estimate mid 5's....waiting on USGS report...

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Ok, I got a count read on that one, next one I can be more precise.

And yeah, this is bad, obviously from the tremendous damage and death.
RIP.

A 5.1 during rescue efforts is not helping...
edit on Sat Aug 11th 2012 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by murch
Again a further update

Update 19:34 UTC : The numbers keep climbing (as expected) FARS now reports 153 killed people and 1300 injured

!! Update 19:29 UTC : New data we could collect : - 6 villages – 100% destroyed (up from 4) - 60 villages – 50-70% destroyed - Heavy traffic problems also around the area which are impacting on ambulances. - 210 people have been recued from below the rubble by Iranian SAR (Search and Rescue) teams. Congratulations to this SAR personnal who is constantly risking their lives while strong aftershocks are continue to collapse parts of buildings.

I know I already said this, but OMG. These poor people!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I feel so bad for the victims of these quakes. I know that many folks have anti-Iran sentiment, but these are still our fellow human beings. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.

I noticed another decent sized quake earlier today that sparked my interest because of its odd location... a 5.3 north of the convergence of the North American/African/Eurasian plates. I hope it does not wake up El Hierro. What a mess that would be.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_
I count 13 deadly quakes in Iran since 2002. How many did you hear of?

Don't bother...he didn't hear of any and thus they must be rare and the only logical conclusion that could be derived is that it is HAARP. Couldn't be plate-tectonics or anything....

This is the greatest statement and I wish Socrates were still alive to have the pleasure of reading it:
"Rarely do such large earthquakes come out of Iran; they probably do but I have hardly ever heard of them."

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by murch

Definitely HAARP

2nd

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This is most sad.

Now a theory for the HAARP'ists

We were all watching the USA and AU/NZ radars looking for anything.. nobody was watching Iran

Our attention was focused "elsewhere" .. wasn't it?

again.. very sad. here's hoping Iran doesn't get it into thier heads about HAARP too.. a forum nut you can reason with/block/ troll ect... we don't have misslies amied at your country's assets.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by murch
A 6.6 has just been reported in Northern Iran

Not reviewed yet.

www.emsc-csem.org...

Magnitude Mw 6.6
Region NORTHWESTERN IRAN
Date time 2012-08-11 12:23:21.0 UTC
Location 38.37 N ; 46.89 E
Depth 40 km
Distances 61 km NE Tabriz (pop 1,424,641 ; local time 15:53:21.2 2012-08-11)
19 km SW Ahar (pop 94,348 ; local time 15:53:21.2 2012-08-11)

Has Israel run out of patience? LOL
edit on 11-8-2012 by murch because: (no reason given)

It will be interesting to see where the next one lands, these things have a tendency to roll with the rotation of the planet.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I first want to express my condolences to the people of Iran and their families around the world who are suffering with them.
That said...
Why isn't this bigger news? Are we really in that kind of a position with Iran that the MSM is not going to report on this to the extremity that it is? Hundreds( maybe even much more) of people have died and thousands have lost their homes. Every channel I come across is talking about Romney's VP choice. REALLY?!?!?! Is this more important than the plight of our fellow man?

As to the "predictions", right this moment, I really am not interested in dissecting whether or not they have happened/are going to happen. They do pose interesting questions in my mind as to our future and whether or not we are causing it. Are these dates truly fore-told (either by the ancients or modern minds)? Regardless, they are, for me at least, for another day.
Today needs to be about these people and send our hearts to them.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The death toll has just been updated to "at least 250" with a reported 2,000+ now injured, and some news agencies have updated the number of aftershocks to as many as 35.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
No Doubt msm is too quiet on this. I saw where someone said EQ's kinda rare in that area, then heard 13 since 2002. But USGS shows 13 just today there with lowest 4.2. That's a whole lotta shakin' going on. I don't know about haarp ( I've seen lotsa stories on it ) but that many in so short of time on,,, wait,,, 8 1 1

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by avatar22

It's simple, the MSM doesn't want to risk American's learning to sympathize with Iran. We're only supposed to see them as the enemy.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
My thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by this. I hope there won't be many more aftershocks that cause more damage.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by skycowboy
No Doubt msm is too quiet on this. I saw where someone said EQ's kinda rare in that area, then heard 13 since 2002. But USGS shows 13 just today there with lowest 4.2. That's a whole lotta shakin' going on. I don't know about haarp ( I've seen lotsa stories on it ) but that many in so short of time on,,, wait,,, 8 1 1

"13 deadly earthquakes." Plus the one or two today. Not thirteen total earthquakes.

I've stolen this from user "SloAnPainful" in another thread:

edit on 11-8-2012 by _Del_ because: Added pic

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

thanks for that Wrabbit2000,

i wonder though if one could "mask" a single atomic blast, by detonating multiple devices near-simultaneously,
over a short period, at differing depths...in the same location...

i.e. i am not suggesting that Iran are testing bombs,
but they have had one of there own testing or storage facilities attacked...

eg: i wonder what these new gen "BUNKER-BUSTER" bombs look like on the seismo traces...???

seeya and thanks again for the picture comparison...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
lol, not a surprise this is here...SO Iran is testing nuclear bombs..alright, All in favor for bombing Iran. Say I!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by live2beknown

You seem far too excited considering 250 people are dead. Show a little compassion before you jump straight to the theories.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lurksoften

Why do you say that? I read on another site about the odd correlation between the timing of Romney choosing his VP and the earthquakes in Iran. What do you think the reason behind this is possibly signifying?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by murch

No they were all only 10km in depth, check homepage of abundanthope.net

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Just checked USGS Latest Quake list and its showing 14 aftershocks above 4.

Latest update from earthquake-report.com...

Update 12/08 – 08:15 UTC : - 142 bodies have been identified so far - authorities do expect the death toll to rise to 300 later today - we find it really disgusting that some people are publishing content and videos enjoying the earthquake in “evil Iran” - Ahar, the biggest city in the hardest hit area (84000 inhabitants) is located 20 km of the epicenter and has also suffered tens of victims.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join