It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 6 Plus EQ hit northern Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by murch

If you reduce that spread by another degree of arc you still have 39 earthquakes left which could be counted as in the locality as very approximately that is 55+ miles radius (117 km to a degree of arc [sort of]) I get miles and KM muddled. The first should have said 117 km radius, not miles.

They are however all sub Mag 5 so these two are out of the ordinary for the locality.

Tectonic theory states that Australia pushes Indonesia, not the other way round. GeoScience Australia has an explanation

(If you believe plate tectonics that is
- darned new fangled theories. Never had that during my school days)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Just a few minutes ago another eq of 4.5 in Iran...

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...
edit on 11-8-2012 by Lunti because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
they need to calibrate the haarp, they missed by a few hundred miles

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
they need to calibrate the haarp, they missed by a few hundred miles

I was wondering when some one mention that. Being that HAARP is blamed for many things these days.

This region would have been a likely place for underground testing of nuclear components. Maybe a "fizzle" blast similiar to what the North Koreans had a few years back?

More than likely not possible for a nuke to set off further EQ's but....
There are smarter people than I who would know better.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Have they sustained any damage to there infostructure?(If you can call it that) Because the USA will be in there like swimwear given half a chance. Im thinking some kind of HAARP weapons trial! is the next one going to be a 9.5 on the richter scale?
edit on 11-8-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Bless their hearts!! Hopefully not a lot of deaths... If any.

Also, REALLY hope the quakes arent blamed on the US! That was my first gut feeling when I saw the quake on USGS.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
As of last check USGS has 2 quakes listed as 6.4 and 6.3. I am assuming the second is a large after shock as even though its only 0.1 less as far as I know this still means its 3 times less powerful (please correct if I am wrong on this).

Then 5 aftershocks ranging from 4.8 - 4.4. That must be intense to experience.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The BBC are reporting that 40 killed and 100's more injured. It would seem that "The quakes struck near the city of Tabriz and the town of Ahar, but most of the casualties are thought to be in outlying villages."
Telephone lines seem to have been downed.
"The quake has created huge panic among the people," one resident of Tabriz told the BBC. "Everyone has rushed to the streets and the sirens of ambulances are everywhere."

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
At least 87 dead and up to 400 injured:

hosted.ap.org...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Did you notice the depth of the quakes? I've been watching these things for a long time. I check this page ~ EQ's ~ daily.

What I've observed is that quakes that occur in areas of the world where the US "has issues" are usually at a depth of right around 10 miles.

I wish I had the memory to cite specific examples but my mind fails me that way.

Keep an eye on this page, or the small quakes page. You will notice the same things I have over the last ten years.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by murch
At least 87 dead and up to 400 injured:

hosted.ap.org...

OMG

The broadcast said at least 60 villages sustained damage ranging from 50 to 80 percent, while 4 other villages had been totally leveled to the ground.

My prayers for these people. That's heartbreaking.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

My prayers for these people. That's heartbreaking.

It is heartbreaking.

I hope they get help , and soon.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Just heard about it, that HAARP is working good, but did miss the main target. Rarely do such large earthquakes come out of Iran; they probably do but I have hardly ever heard of them.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Update 14:07 UTC : Emergency evaluation teams have been send to Tabriz and Ahar were telecommunications and power have been cut. Iran has very good organized emergency and SAR teams and can handle a lot of damaging earthquakes with their own troops and material. Earthquake-Report.com evaluates Iran earthquake response as one of the best in the world!

They will get the help they need.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Further update from earthquake-report.com...

Very Important update 18:33 UTC Fars is now reporting 87 dead and 600 injured. 60 villages have sustained 50%-80% damages and 4 villages 100% damages.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I figured I'd throw in a few things while I wish the best for anyone who is in the area these struck. Hopefully it's few and far apart.

It took me a bit to find but here is a Seismograph example of a Nuclear Explosion and a true Earthquake

The two are radically different and if Iran was popping nukes..the world would have woken us all this morning by the sheer screaming and yelling I'd have thought would start within minutes of the first Heliplots being seen and understood.

As it is..... Wow..... That region is just Chaos. Here is the current Heliplot out of Ankara, Turkey

(it's fairly big for a post and I didn't want to ruin it by re-sizing.)
(Source: Seismic Monitoring Techniques

Here is the live link to that same feed for checking throughout the period things are happening there.

Quakes up and down the North American coast a couple days ago? Volcanoes rumbling? Iran throwing 6's? NONE of these things, taken alone, warrant much more than a grunt of mild interest. Taken together and over a course of days.....It has my attention!
edit on 11-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Added Source Link

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Just heard about it, that HAARP is working good, but did miss the main target. Rarely do such large earthquakes come out of Iran; they probably do but I have hardly ever heard of them.

I count 13 deadly quakes in Iran since 2002. How many did you hear of?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Update from earthquake-report.com...

Update 19:12 UTC : Sad to say, but in the meantime the death toll has risen to 153! These numbers are coming from the international press. Iranian press holds to 87 at this moment. Let’s hope that they are right, but based on the devastation we fear for even worse numbers.

Figures have been confirmed 153 dead over 700 injured.
edit on 11-8-2012 by murch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Again a further update

Update 19:34 UTC : The numbers keep climbing (as expected) FARS now reports 153 killed people and 1300 injured

!! Update 19:29 UTC : New data we could collect : - 6 villages – 100% destroyed (up from 4) - 60 villages – 50-70% destroyed - Heavy traffic problems also around the area which are impacting on ambulances. - 210 people have been recued from below the rubble by Iranian SAR (Search and Rescue) teams. Congratulations to this SAR personnal who is constantly risking their lives while strong aftershocks are continue to collapse parts of buildings.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

and also to THE_PRO

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I made a post pertaining to this in a similar thread and thought it would be worth reposting over here:

"Tabriz has a history of earthquakes but this is conveniently timed with whats going on in Aleppo and taking out that path as an escape route for refugees as well. It was just yesterday I believe that Iran announced they supported Assad's regime to the fullest. Depending on what the powers that be have up they're sleeves and agreed, with Israel's history blocking that route would be very strategic.. on the part of the earthquake of course.

Hit the escape route with HAARP and save the bombs for Tehran.. Mess with China's money to much and the domino effect has begun."

On a side note, I'm kinda news guys. Hiiiiii

edit on 11-8-2012 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join