It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Strip Search Mom, "Forcibly" Pull Tampon Out of Her for Maybe Rolling Through Stop Sign

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
This is absolutely ridiculous, reminds me of the movie " Crash" where the crooked cop feels up the woman and absolutely violates her rights.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
Ok.....WTF

It would be great if the appologists could explain to us what in the F this was done for.

And what was done other than she alleged this happened? It may have or may not have and that will all come out in court. Until then, we have an apparent user with a long laundry list making accusations. They will be treated separate from her previous run-ins with the law, but the public is not constrained by that.

It is easy to jump on the wagon and start screaming at the top your lungs but it still makes you look the fool. We can sit here all night and get outraged at 100x this if we dug up all the court filing across the country that make accusations and allegations.

Can you please please please fire the dumbasses before they provoke a national response. You do realize that if a public call to arms was to form against you there would be more than enough reason and evidence to have it catch on. There would also be little you could do about it.

If after evidence supports her claim (this will be tough because it is a he said, she said scenario with the she being and evident repeat customer of our justice system) then yes; can them and make them an example. But here is where I turn the tables.

If after this it turns out she is dragging these officers through the mud, making wild accusations and they all turn out to be lies, what should we do with her?

Are there bad cops? Absolutely just like there is bad athletes, journalists, politicians, doctors, teachers, CEOs, managers, employees, students, etc, etc.....

Your call. You want to go to work and have to think about being sniped for getting a slice of pizza or being called to a fake job where an angry mob awaits. Or worse have to worry if they go after your family. Have to hide the fact that you are a cop.

That is what can happen if you make millions of armed people view you like an opresive occupying army.
That is what you are looking like. Unprofesional and sadistic thugs.

Veiled threats from behind an anonymous moniker will not solve the problem. It only entices and furthers the rabidness of all that don't want to think about the story but just want that instant knee-jerk reaction. I swear if I knew better it is like the majority here are itching for their next "fix".

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

This is Republican America. I fully expect anti-tampon legislation to come down the pike to further protect my vagina from myself. Vote conservative, you will fully enjoy the police boot heel on your throat if your neighbor doesn't gun you down for stepping on his lawn first.
edit on 10-8-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

And this is non-sequitor and completely rhetorical. I swear anyone will try to make every issue a Right/Left, Republican/Democrat issue....

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Both right and left voted in "The Patriot Act." It was passed under the presumption that it would only be used to search for "terrorist" however it wasn't written that way. Don't we all feel a little safer though? It seems like a small price to pay for piece of mind. It was a common sense approach making sure law enforcement had the tools it needed to ensure the Constitution didn't allow 9/11 to happen again.

Look, I know the headline sounds creepy. However, this sends a very clear message to not only terrorists but drug dealers as well that a vagina or anal cavity is not a good hiding place. If you are going to hide terror in your vagina it will be found. I think we can all agree that this is a good thing. We can only applaud Congress for keeping us safe like this. Maybe they will get rid of all these pesky guns soon too so I can really sleep well at night.

edit on 11-8-2012 by QuantumDisciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I am amazed at the apparent hypocrisy in your post. So....she was arrested for drugs or drug paraphernalia. So what? How many drugs do you keep in your home? Legal or Illegal is irrelevant. Judging individuals in relation to drug arrest records is nonsense. One entity dictates what is legal and what is not.

Frankly, I have a greater expectation of honorable behavior from what our oh so enlightened society deems criminal behavior. More often than not the law abiding people are the corrupt individuals.

In closing, your.....accusations mean nothing.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Hmm I dont really believe this. Why you all HATE the MSM yet lap up this crap is incredible! Critical thinking folks

I am well aware of cases of police brutality and violation of a persons civil rights. I have friends that are officers and work WITH the officers in my city. This somehow makes me a bad person on ATS, but in all truth.. there are horrible cops out there. Some Id not put this past. I just question the truthfulness of the womans account because anyone can sue for ANYTHING. I can bring a case for anything I wish.. but have to prove it in court. Ill also tell you that a reformed person doesnt get that many entries on their sheet and not have a pattern of behavior established over a long period of time. I will wait to hear all of the evidence before getting behind this woman. I cant hardly believe a group of officers would be stupid enough to do a cavity search on the road side.. maybe one idiot officer.. but a group? Maybe a strip search but a cavity?? No way. Its a common place for mules to carry drugs.. in their vaginas. I dont know anyone who doesnt know this.. and she would have been cavity searched at lockup if there were any drugs or paraphenalia were found in the vehicle or the dog alerted. Side of the road??? I cant hardly believe that!

If this turns out to be true...there should be an uprising in that county or city.. or state. Thats an incredible accusation. As a woman I find this a terrible violation if true.. but as a woman I knwo what drivers would see if it were a roadside cavity search.. and I cant see the officers being THAT stupid. The corrupt arent stupid.. ttheyre corrupt. This would be a very stupid move.
edit on 11-8-2012 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

good post. I will give you that, I agree with more than half of that....most of it. The fact you said that your circles are well informed and in the know...that they are logical....means you are very privileged to have people like that around you and I envy you.

what that means as well is that you don't talk to the vast majority of Americans who can not claim to be any of those things, and even less so now a days for the reasons you mentioned.

here is a thread I made after our last exchange. I feel it is everything I have to say about it. Please take a look at it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 10-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

I did read your post and I did give it a star and flag. You do have a conviction here and you're standing firm. I respect that. My first reaction was the reaction of the first poster: Don't tell us, tell them. My advice is to send that as an e-mail to the chief of police or the HR department of the law enforcement agencies in every capitol of every state. It's well worded and the point is perfectly clear.

Wish I could say the same about the blog that started this whole thread that have people popping their opinions off their knees. And really, that's my whole problem with this issue. it's not really about whether the police are good or bad, but how exactly are people forming that opinion? 30 second You Tube videos? Blogs written by high school seniors doing an internship?

People have been feeling disenfranchised and frustrated in this country for a very long time. Remember the 60's? Back then people were pissed with the military. The70's....Big oil.....the 80's......Big Government......and so on. Right now it just so happens to be the police. Give it 5 years and people will feel frustrated and at the end of the line with something else. I guarantee it.

We're all in the same boat here people, and the police aren't the ones who punched a hole in it. They're going down with it just like we are. People here know damn well who's responsible for all this.......go after them and quit putting divisions amongst the people who can help you out when, or if, the # really hits the fan.

This country, the businesses and common people will get along just fine without the elite 1% of the money holders and we all know it. We just have to start acting like it.

I would post Bruce to end this, but the midset of most of this crowd seems to be this:

youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I will refer you and all future blind men leading us into the only logical conclusion to the reality that we all see and you try and cover with a thumb.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

now about her being in the wrong...well if she is, then she needs to be shown the error of her ways through a JUST punishment. End of story. Same for the cops IF they did it.

No one is insane here but some are trying to make reality conform to their hopes and dreams of society functioning regardless of the problem we see on the rise. That is a little short sighted.

again, your call.

edit on 11-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
This is a bloody travesty. The more I read this, the more i'm trying to soak this all up....The cop wants stringing up, Period....

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

This is just sickening wow hopefully they get what they deserve probably perverts too, poor woman and kids disgusting, i too hope she sues their butts off i'm sorry angry and I don't live in america thank god what a wicked world we live in roll on the 21st december, get me out of here!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Isn't it time for you lot to start using those guns you are so proud of ?

QV.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
sounds like her past came back to haunt her....cops are only human, a lady cop pulled the tampon smart move on there part ...she will get nothing...sorry moms if it was a dad he would have to keep his mouth shut or get worse

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by madenusa
sounds like her past came back to haunt her....cops are only human, a lady cop pulled the tampon smart move on there part ...she will get nothing...sorry moms if it was a dad he would have to keep his mouth shut or get worse

While they are only human they are also bound by Law. Just because her past is riddled with encounters it does not mean that law enforcement has a free pass to violate her basic human rights. Still, this thread is based solely on her story and the court of Law is yet to decide from what I understand.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Huffington Post - Police issue press release

UPDATE:

The Citrus County Sheriff's Department has denied the accusations put forth by Tarantino. In a statement obtained by Tampa's ABC Action News, the department said a traffic stop did occur on July 17, 2011, but that the events that proceeded it were not as Tarantino described.

"No strip search was conducted, and the plaintiff's tampon was never forcibly removed by any deputy," read the statement. "It is the Sheriff's Office intent to aggressively defend itself against these malicious allegations."

Click over to ABC Action News for more.

A few things to note -
* - Law Enforcement cannot strip search a person (before people bring it up the Scotus ruling dealing with strip searches applies only to detention facilities).

* - Police certainly cannot remove a Tampon.

* - While traffic stops are high risk and unique im not sure why a weapon was drawn. Usually that occurs when conducting felony traffic stops / situations where the officer perceives some type of imminent threat.

* - There is a difference between a terry frisk and a search. Frisk is on the outside of clothing and is non intrusive (we cannot pull items out of the persons pockets / waistebands unless we can articulate what the item is).

A search is intrusive and requires PC / warrant depending on situation.

I am curious to see what info comes out for both sides (this incident occured in 2011). If her claims are true then the officers invovled and their agency / city government will be asking the individual how many 0's they would like after the 1 on the settlement check.

Personally speaking the claims she has made seems unlikely to be true. I say that because of the number of officers present at the scene, the location of the stop and the number of people passing by etc...

She made the claim so it should be investigated and action taken if verified real.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
because of my past when i get pulled over for speeding i get a lot of police pertection they read the plates and lots of cars start showing up they talk see that im still clean and been a good boy for 15 years and laugh joke and let me go with a warning....if that was my wife it would have been rape she would have bruses if they wanted to strip her they better take her in, lol
sounds really fishy, and they had a lady cop there great move on there part.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
This lawsuit looks bogus to me.

I'm having a very hard time believing it but if it is true then severe action should be taken. How is she intending on proving her allegations, I wonder...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
If true then the Police Scum responsible should be bent over and have said bloody Tampon rammed up his/her rear pipe, then again anyone responsible for this type of atrocity would probably enjoy that experience!

DUCK THE POLICE!!! BURN THE TOTALITARIAN SCUM!!!
edit on 11-8-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Isn't this "the country of the brave" ?

Isn't this "the country of liberty" ?

Isn't this "the country that urges other countries to rise against dictatorship" ?

I think you guys sure got what you payed for ... and now you don't even have the guts to rise up and revolt.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
How is she intending on proving her allegations, I wonder...

* Dash cam footage?
* Interviews of the officers who were present.
* Eye witness (Officers / her children / any person who was traveling through the area

Why did she wait so long to file the complaint?

The incident occured in July of 2011. The lawsuit was filed in August of 2012.

Why?

One possibility - Because as time passes by there is an ever increasing chance officers / witnesses won't remember the details. Cities have a bad habit of settling with the people complaining regardless if the officer / actions broke the law or not.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Not only that but there was no reason for a strip search. This was all completely unconstitutional and it's sad this woman didn't know her rights protected by it. Fortunately she's suing. blogs.browardpalmbeach.com...

If what she says is the 100% truth, I hope she wins. I hope this is a wake up call for her and she learns her rights. She needs to educate her children too. There's too many ignorant Americans that become victims of these traitors.
edit on 11-8-2012 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join