It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Strip Search Mom, "Forcibly" Pull Tampon Out of Her for Maybe Rolling Through Stop Sign

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Last July, Leila Tarantino claims that she was pulled over by an officer with the Citrus County Sheriff's Department. In the suit, Tarantino says she came to a full stop and should have never been pulled over in the first place.

In many parts of the world, car "black boxes" are very common due to the unpredictability of every day events. These black boxes can contain video cameras, microphones, date/time/stamping, gps speed/location stamping, impact sensors and more. Some examples of excellent equipment are BlackVue DR400G-HD and DOD F900LHD (take extra care because counterfeit copies are common). Note: I have no financial interest in this gear.

Today, our police are liars, thugs and murderers. Our politicians are worse. There is no excuse, none, for not having a full featured dash cam (black box) in this day and age.

Originally posted by dashen
No amount of money can repay this, nor jail time. The officers should be subjected to the same "treatment".

If this story is accurate, these police should be prosecuted and imprisoned. Allowing trash like this to walk scot-free absolutely guarantees their next conduct will be worse. If we fail to react as a society, are you ready for the day these criminals victimize your wife or your kids?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'm royally pissed by this, if true!!

C'mon America, how much more can we take for things start popping off?

I'm not about to live like this, the line in the sand has been crossed for sometime now and I don't know what else to say or do, any way we turn we play into their hands. The only way for this to stop is if everyone working in gov, from the WH to local departments turn on the corrupt, whistle blowers may be the only thing that can bring this madness to an end.

What amazes me is how so many on here have reacted, police abusing the citizens is so common place, that even my first instinct was, it was true. When people like Kelly Thomas are murdered in cold blood, why wouldn't they rip a tampon out?
edit on 10-8-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by edged1
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

as i daid so it is right now you are convinced of her history your happy with her being violated?.Short span minds.

She's been in and out of the system there for years. Another member said he read her restricted driving as being related to her DUI. Her stop here was, in part for violating that restricted driving status. Her actual court record is real clear on what this stop was about. Media forgot to mention that part huh? A lot isn't being mentioned...it seems...after looking at that record of hers.

So, as I was saying. I'm not "good" with her being violated. I flat out DO NOT believe it happened. Period.

She claims this was in full view of a busy street...yet no one saw a thing to be a witness to? Would anyone HERE pass that scene and not take a pic?? Heck...just a passing picture like that would be worth all the effort. I don't mean the saucy quality, I mean I could probably pay off my mortgage with what a ragsheet like the Globe or Enquirer would pay. These days...CNN or Fox, regardless of what they say otherwise. Yet.. No one saw a thing.

There is ONE other little detail. When the cops screw up and really cross lines with someone, the FIRST THING they do is drop whatever B.S. charge it had been. The court records show not only that she paid her fines and handled the citations from that stop, but actually how MUCH. Florida puts everything online. You know the pathetic part?

Last July, Leila Tarantino claims that she was pulled over by an officer with the Citrus County Sheriff's Department. In the suit, Tarantino says she came to a full stop and should have never been pulled over in the first place.
(OP Link)

Claims?? The previous page has the links straight to her Court/Criminal records. Official sites, official records. The media says SHE claims? How lazy are they getting here lately?? They have Nexis Lexis and that makes what I dug up look like a joke. They should have had ALL I found and a lot more...this was a BS story, but thanks to a media spin from hell., in my humble opinion.

edit on 10-8-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
This is getting boring. There is no evidence supporting her claims. The police have issued a statement that they made the stop, but it was for the stop sign, they deny the stripping or invasion of private places and have pledged to defend against ludicrous charges. Even posters have said the charges don't appear reasonable.

At the very best, we can say we don't know who to believe, but as has been pointed out, she has a long record, including drugs.

Please, stop getting so worked up and furious.

Unless of course you enjoy getting worked up and furious, in that case appeals to reason are useless. I'm sorry to have bothered you, go back to screaming.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

The voice of reason.. lol.. Thanks.

Actually I'm not at all worked up over the subject or the thread. Heck...No one KNEW she was a petty criminal and more because the media chose to leave ALL that out.

That's all I would be upset about. This is literally the 3rd story in one week where the media pretty much all agree...on the completely WRONG story once someone brings the actual facts into it. You know...it really makes me wonder how long and how many stories they do this with? Some of this isn't spin..it's wholesale rewriting for meaning and context.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Dear Wrabbit2000,

It wasn't directed at you. You know I love you like a br ..., well, maybe like a cousin. Actually the trigger for my outburst (which I'm a liitle ashamed about) was kat2684's post. But it had been building from all the people who skip over facts, especially if they don't match their beliefs.

How about a new slogan for ATS, maybe something like "ARRRE YOUUUU RREADY TO RRRRRUUUMMBLE."

Just trying to catch the prevailing mood.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Last July, Leila Tarantino claims

I've have witnessed police and one judge lie in my presence. Nothing she says is out of the realm of possibility. I don't give the benefit-of-the-doubt to police (regardless of the numbers of officers) because I *absolutely know* what the blue-line gang is all about.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Its always good too read between the lines and showing the court record was good....but......Im on the fence on this one.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

If it's true....then it is a horrendous breach of human rights.....and the LEO's are nothing short of animals.

But.....in the land of litigation, it is just a "claim", Tarantino claims this happened in front of multiple witnesses, have any come forward yet?

Could be someone has seen an opening to a "fast buck"......saying it's so, doesn't make it so.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

Oh perfectly fair..and I went back to edit my last one there to add the opinion part on the end with that in mind. I'm trying to work on how strong I sometimes come across when I actually don't mean to at all....

My opinions come from growing up around Law Enforcement and by that experience, looking at her record. Cops and Judges lie.. No question. I hate dirty cops as much as anyone. Maybe more, because of that upbringing. Having said that..there is something for asking how many times they would have likely lied.. She went in and out of the system on criminal charges many ..well.. 2 pages worth of times. lol

Heck, everyone's entitled to their opinion though and in the end? I wasn't there in the side of the road...it's just as much an educated guess as anyone else, right?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
I sense a plethora of BS on this one.

Maybe she is trying to get back at the police for busting her for DUI back in June 2011 and following her on this incident a month later?

June DUI

Why wait a year to file a law suit?

Like everyone one-sided story, we are missing context.

Thank you for being a voice of reason. I'm not stupid enough to think that all cops are angels but I aint buying this woman's version of what went down. I simply cannot believe they strip searched on the side of the road and the tampon thing is out of bounds....I call B-S too!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I'd be suing for at least mid eight figures and demanding the pigs involved are discharged. Then I'd have their names and details leaked to Anonymous and plastered all over the news networks and the like.

It's the only way rodentia learns; by being stomped on.

(...if what she claims is true)
edit on 10-8-2012 by Sablicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

thus the reference to corking it

does make it easier to find your pipe if you tie a string on it

edit on 8/10/2012 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
welcome to ATS land of the knee jerk reaction. facts in short supply. broad strokes painted. America demonized as a whole. think we can pack it up and call it a night.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Why do I get the feeling there is more to this story.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by notkmarx
welcome to ATS land of the knee jerk reaction. facts in short supply. broad strokes painted. America demonized as a whole. think we can pack it up and call it a night.

Seriously! I don't know what disturbs me more, the remote possibility that the story is true or the fact that so many people are so quick to believe this nonsense.
I saw the title of the thread and thought it was a story from the Onion or something. My B-S detector went off immediately.
Are you all really this gullible? Or do you just like anything that makes American's look bad?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If you don't like being strip searched on the side of the road get out of my country!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I understand the anger people have right now, but you can’t associate ALL cops to this particular case. There are a lot of officers (more than not), who do a great job. This “all police officers” need to blah blah blah mentality is childish. A day will come when a decent cop saves you’re a$$, and then you’ll understand. Your immature comments are.. well..……”immature”.

I think there is a lot about this case we don't know, and if we do find out it's all bunk, I don't think there will be many coming back to apologize for how idiotic they were acting.

Some people completely lack critical thinking skills. I'm seeing a lot more of that these days on ATS. Thats too bad..
edit on 10-8-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It's not all agencies in Florida. Orlando and Broward are the worst because they have god complexes. I only had one problem in Orlando at a nightclub. They refused to let me leave unless they searched my car and I wasn't present for the search. And, they wouldn't let me go out there. I mean if they were dirty, they could of planted drugs in my car without me knowing. But, they didn't and I was in and out there. I felt they did handled it wrong. But, I got to leave during their raid. I was a nobody. If anything, it would of only taken me a few minutes to get my ID.

Plus, I don't know if anyone remembers all the cops throwing their rounds off to that on car in the street without thinking anyone was in there or the bystanders. But, it's just some areas that are bad apples. Not all.

Where I am at now, the cops seem to be okay. Never ran into a problem with them. And for amount of chit they took with my niece. My hats off to them.
I was about to go insane.
edit on 10-8-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
So is this real or not,now the huffington post article is gone 404?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join