It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Strip Search Mom, "Forcibly" Pull Tampon Out of Her for Maybe Rolling Through Stop Sign

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Oh my God this is frightening.

Don't buy into the psyops. Don't give up your guns. They disarm you, they'll do this to your sister, girlfriend, daughters, wives, mothers.... and you'll have to stand there and take it because you won't be able to fight back.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This is Republican America. I fully expect anti-tampon legislation to come down the pike to further protect my vagina from myself. Vote conservative, you will fully enjoy the police boot heel on your throat if your neighbor doesn't gun you down for stepping on his lawn first.
edit on 10-8-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
I sense a plethora of BS on this one.

Maybe she is trying to get back at the police for busting her for DUI back in June 2011 and following her on this incident a month later?

June DUI

Why wait a year to file a law suit?

Like everyone one-sided story, we are missing context.

Possibly ... but, I think however you slice it her rights were clearly violated.

When a police officer seeks revenge and gets even it's 'abuse of power'. The only people who abuse their power are psychopaths, sociopaths and narcissists. Normal people do not abuse their power or violate the rights of others because a conscience and empathy prevents them from doing so.

This country needs to clean up and get the sociopaths out of 'the line of duty' and out of law-enforcement altogether.

Sociopaths are the very people (and the only people) who will NEVER 'protect and serve'. In fact, that's exactly what they will NOT do. Police brutality sure sounds like sociopathy to me, as the five main characteristics (out of 7) of a sociopath are: entitlement, no conscience, no empathy, no remorse -- they are also very self-serving people ... they serve themselves, never the public. It's part of their mental disorder.

A sociopath with a badge and a gun, and where the potential to abuse their power (and get away with it is great) is a trauma or a tragedy just waiting to happen.

There's NO excuse whatsoever for doing this to anyone ever ... and especially in front of her children. There's also no excuse for traumatizing innocent children. NONE. The kids were terrified and traumatized as they witnessed acts of cruelty and violence against their own mother by these terrorists in uniform.

Most parents wouldn't allow their kids to see that on TV, let alone in real life. There's nothing they could come up with that justifies what they did ... nothing.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
OK, one more time. Stop getting upset.

I've read the thread, there are a few voices of sanity. I wish the rest of you would not jump to conclusions, then use those unsupported conclusions to hate and attack. What's wrong with you?

www.independentsentinel.com...

Update: 8/10: 16:12 : The police of Citrus County Florida have issued the following statement and it does not make Ms. Tarantino look good. It might just be another crazy lawsuit. We know that in a free country, we are going to have lots of those.

Ref: Civil action filed on August 3, 2012, by Leila Tarantino, Plaintiff

The Citrus County Sheriff’s Office wants to go on record as saying the allegations made in this lawsuit are not only ludicrous, but completely untrue. Yes, a traffic stop was conducted on July 17, 2011. The plaintiff was issued a criminal citation for violation of restrictions on her driver’s license. She also was issued a written warning for rolling through a stop sign.

No strip search was conducted, and the plaintiff’s tampon was never forcibly removed by any deputy.

It is the Sheriff’s Office intent to aggressively defend itself against these malicious allegations.

Issued 08/10/12

Update: 8/10: Arrest record for Leila Tarantino, DUI, June, 2011. I have placed a call to the Citrus County police and hope to have the other side of this story soon, if there is a story.
www.cnbc.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
OMG PEOPLE PLEASE STOP THE INSANITY!!!!

This story is the work of FICTION. Stop getting all up in arms over it. Stop and THINK with the brains I know you all have.....

This is about the dumbest story I have heard in a long long time.....I'm simply flabbergasted that so many of you believe this woman.

Take a look at her, will you? She has a drinking problem....She was intoxicated while driving with her 2 kids in the car....and you are just going to take her word that this event happened?

*shakes head in disbelief* *walks away*

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

If it's true....then it is a horrendous breach of human rights.....and the LEO's are nothing short of animals.

But.....in the land of litigation, it is just a "claim", Tarantino claims this happened in front of multiple witnesses, have any come forward yet?

Could be someone has seen an opening to a "fast buck"......saying it's so, doesn't make it so.

If witnesses who come forward they could easily wind up on their '# list' ... and be next. Sociopaths in law enforcement is like 'the fox in charge of the hen-house'.

If witnesses stopped to take pics the police may have approached their car and all hell could have broke lose. I say this b/c I was in a situation once where I could have been a witness to police brutality but I didn't dare stop or take pics as I could sense one of the cops would have smashed the hood of my car with his baton and I didn't know what he would have done to me.

So, I called the Mayors office and told them I would come forward with a video and also give it to the victim (even though I didn't have video or pics) if they didn't fess up. I don't know if that's why the cops were suspended, but they were.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

edit on 10-8-2012 by InTheShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
If you understand your living in a Kill Zone it is best to understand that one of the best effects is to produce a cult like condition. Often called battered woman condition. That a person will not leave and if does will go back. It is more than just prison training as many claim. By use of economic dependency, Two sets of law one for you the other is above it and flaunt it in your face. Control information, control communication, Social peer altered reality, remove all common traditions. It is a military op.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Possibly ... but, I think however you slice it her rights were clearly violated.

In what was is this clear? By which proofs are you saying that this was a clear-cut case of violated rights? It's kind of funny how the door doesn't swing both ways. A known convict / drug user makes some wild claims.. and you believe her.. because you want to hate the police. There is no other reason. Like someone said.. they saw a police officer and a judge lie.. and thus this is proof this woman is telling the truth.

YOU sort of people are guilty of as much propaganda, lies, and slander as you claim others as spreading. You are trying to create further hate, mistrust and angst towards police, even though you have absolute NO PROOF at all.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Markafeller

I'm a little slow (check my signature). What does this have to do with a traffic stop?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Theres always gotta be somebody out thowing cold water on a good lynch mob........

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Have not read every page of this thread but quickly wanted to add something. I am not permitted to mention the name of the website - but - there is an article with an attachment of the Lawsuit. It is dated 1st August 2012 and makes for a very interesting read. The offences are clearly outlined and the violated amendments listed. The police officers are in for a difficult time trying to justify their actions.

There is a plea for a trial by jury and I sure am willing that to happen. I really feel for Americans who are just allowing your government officials to walk all over you and your rights. As a former Police Officer I am appalled at the offences committed by several officers against a lone female. Her Children were left in the car and I can only imagine what the hours long ordeal did to them psychologically - but that's another story.

If you can't work out which website then send me a personal message and I will give you some hints to work it out. The lawsuit is an exact copy scanned - it is not a photocopy nor an article describing the lawsuit.

Much Peace...to every person on this planet who has been violated in any way by those who were meant to protect you...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Totally amazed how america is transforming into a police state. More and more you hear these stories and the media makes no comment on them. Soon there will be drones fying overhead and we will ask ourselves how did this happend. Its a very scary thought to think we will no longer be free, but to be under constant survielance..Cops beating up inocent people im sure will be a normal thing by then.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

A lot of people saying she should sue...from the phrase "the lawsuit states...", I'm guessing she's already suing, and most likely, she will win. The cops involved, unfortunately, will probably only endure a suspension without pay at best. To me, it's a fire-able offense, plus they should be facing a myriad of criminal charges, from battery, civil rights violations, and negligence, to sexual assault and battery. No doubt, those involved should end up on sex offender lists.

I often hear the excuse from bad cops amd their sympathizers things like, "you don't know what they go through", or "they're facing possibly armed people", etc. The thing is, they know that, it's part of their job, and they still have to follow and uphold the law. If it's too much for them to handle, then the job isn't right for them. Step aside, go flip burgers or wahatever they ARE mentally cut out for, and let someone else in who can handle it and make the $40-90k/year with fantastic benefits.

Not all cops are d-bags. I know a lot of cops. Some of them are, some of them aren't. Just make sure the criminals (because that's what these ones were if it's true - violent criminals) are punished appropriately. And as it is increased penalties for attacking or killing an officer, it should be double that level of increase when a law officer perpetrates any crime. If a regular person gets 5 yearsbfor sexual assault, they should get 20.

This whole thing is so shocking, that not one of those cops chose to follow well-known legal procedures, that I'm going to have to che k sources to see if it's true. I think it is, but it really is just THAT far out of the realm of logic for (was it 3 involved) multiple people to all just proceed to put their jobs at risk for such lunacy.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

How about tampons with cameras? If your appliances already spy on you, and some corrupt sick pervs are already in power why not? We have been knee deep in absurd, BS legislation since 9/11 they don't plan on stopping it. Just look for the media to be the 'Yes' men in aclimating everyone to this police state bizarro world.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
sadly it is the new America, until enough people decide they are sick and tired of being sick and tired.

The 'government' has far more assault rifles and more time and interest in practicing pretend shooting people than the general public. As long as government agents/politicians keep the public from having fewer weapons and training than the government has, government agents/politicians (the people) will feel safe from the public (the non-people).

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

The sad part, is that this probably happens more than we hear about. What has the world come to? I don't understand what brings a police officer to do this. Serve and protect? No, there was no serving or protecting in any way, shape, or form.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetaryDuality

The sad part, is that this probably happens more than we hear about. What has the world come to? I don't understand what brings a police officer to do this. Serve and protect? No, there was no serving or protecting in any way, shape, or form.
What do you think happened? And it's not just you. Please consider the other posts earlier on this page. Please. I'm going nuts here.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

This doesn't surprise me at all. I've seen this before...

Second line.. tased twice for no reason in the same incident. I guess I have a strong heart...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
In response to the OP...I find that story to be utterly disgusting and im ashamed of America's police force. The obvious militarization of americas police force is troubling to say the least. I'm a retired disabled veteran of the us intelligence community and can say from personal experiences with police since my medical retirement that known high ranking al-Qaida operatives were afforded more rights and treated much more humanely then some police treat fellow American citizens here in America. Reading and hearing stories such as the OP make me sick to my stomach. The continued militarization of America's police force has been growing expontentially over the past decade. And sadly I must admit that it is my opinion that this issue is still in its infancy and I expect it only get worse.

The militarization of America's police force is an issue that will need to be addressed at the federal,state, and municipal levels of government sooner rather then later. But due to much more pressing issues America is currently facing of more it may not be addressed in a timely fashion if at all (baring repeated extreme cases of it which would require MSM to cover it and lobby for changes).Not to mention that the polictians who reconginize this problem may be weary of addressing it as it would be career suicide for them to do so without overwhelming popular support by american society.So chances are this serious issue may not ever be addressed, if at all.

I would like to add that not all law enforcement is guilty of this nonsense, most are honest hardworking people with acceptable ethics and morals. But the percentage of rotten apples is high enough to raise serious concern.
edit on 11-8-2012 by AHuxley because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join