It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon lander prototype blows up in NASA test

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Lol, not a single so called 'moon truther' could come up with an answer to my question
I love it when I can put someone in their place

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I think the reason nobody answered your earlier question is because it's almost ludicrous at this point. I mean, this isn't the 60's, and it wouldn't be possible for them to 'lie' and say that this one landed too.

PS~Not that I doubt the moon landing.
PSS~Not that I believe the moon landing.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

I think the reason nobody answered your earlier question is because it's almost ludicrous at this point. I mean, this isn't the 60's, and it wouldn't be possible for them to 'lie' and say that this one landed too.

What difference does the decade make? If NASA were playing the deception game, they could simply not release the video in the first place.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Exactly!
That's why I know the moon landing was real, they couldn't have faked it

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Just thought I would update the thread with this:

The "Mighty Eagle," a NASA robotic prototype lander, is soaring high again for a series of tests being conducted at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala.

Since its last round of tests in 2011, the Mighty Eagle team has made significant updates to the guidance controls on the lander's camera, furthering its autonomous capabilities. The three-legged "green" lander is fueled by 90 percent pure hydrogen peroxide and receives its commands from an onboard computer that activates its onboard thrusters to carry it to a controlled landing using a pre-programmed flight profile. It is 4 feet tall and 8 feet in diameter and, when fueled, weighs 700 pounds.

www.sciencedaily.com... %3A+Latest+Science+News%29

Of course, this is a different lander. Videos here:

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy

im not suprised, considering they didnt even have one successful test on earth with the original apollo lander.

The Apollo lander was designed specifically to land on the moon, in a near vacuum at 1/6G nobody expected it to be able to do a test landing on Earth, which is why it was never tested on Earth, which is why your claim in a 100% proven lie. It would be like saying because a 747 doesn't work under water it means flight is impossible. Feel free to retract your lie, I know you won't, but life goes on.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Bodhi7

That makes sense.

Yes it does. Since was a testbed for entirely new technology completely unrelated to Apollo, or any other program.

edit on 8/10/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

do people even read the post in a thread or simply read the first post and then comment ?

thanks phage for adding your research and sanity to the space related threads!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join