It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blake Cousins VS Steven Greer: Who will win?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
If you don't know, both parties in the UFO community are prime charlatan hoaxers.

Blake Cousins in the Blue corner is the proprietor of Thirdphaseofmoon Youtube channel.
Thirdphaseofmoon is a group that specializes in fabricating CGI UFO and Alien videos.
Some of the videos are pretty good from a CGI technical aspect, and were this group to apply their trade to more legitimate application, they could very well do some fair decent business.
Thirphaseofmoon, however, seems content with making fake UFO videos.
Thus, for the record, for those of you that don't know, Thirdphaseofmoon = FAKE, every time, all the time.

One of their videos applicable to this discussion is this one, specifically frames 0:28 - 0:31 depicting a bright ball of light dropping another ball of light. The rest of the video is irrelevant to this post other than as an illustration of the CGI fakery that Thirdphaseofmoon gets up to:

In the Red corner, we have Steven Greer, well known for the Disclosure Project, but, since then gone completely off the rails with his CSETI expeditions where you can pay hundreds, or thousands of $ to go camping with him to spend the evening flashing lights at the sky while Greer and his assistants try to convince you that invisible aliens have landed and are crawling all over you with love and crystal power and other such nonsense.

Surprisingly enough, some people that go to these things actually believe everything he claims, coming away with their very own personal psychosomatic religious experience.

Suffice to say, Steven Greer is a FRAUD and he's always begging for money to finance one of his 'projects' in the name of bringing about Disclosure, Alien Contact, or something along those lines, where he's really just taking everyone for a ride and pocketing the $.
His most recent endeavor is a 'documentary' titled SIRIUS, where he's put out promotional video, begging for money, crowd-sourcing to 'finance' this film. Not only has he surpassed his target goal in $, but, he's gained well over $250,000 using this video and others:

Starting at 3:17, do you see something that looks familiar? That Thirdphaseofmoon video posted first?

Yup.

Greer's promotional $250,000 money making video uses clips from other sources, without their permission, very much in violation of copyright.

You may also notice some familiar footage at 0:54-0:58 if you've seen the blockbuster Paramount, Steven Spielberg film Super 8, about an escaped alien.

Regarding these infringements, Blake Cousins of Thirphaseofmoon, and Paramount have been notified.
While it's debatable whether Paramount would bother to take any action for such a minor character like Greer using a few seconds of one of its films without permission, Blake Cousins from Thirdphaseofmoon, I have on good authority, is very interested in someone making over $250,000 on a video which featured some of his own work that was used without permission.

This is all still in the early stages, and I've no reassurances other than confirmation that Blake Cousins will soon be in contact with Greer.

I personally hope for and look forward to seeing these two well known frauds going at it in the public forum of the interwebs.

What say you ATS?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Nice post, Druscilla. I posted something the other day that points to Steven Greer being a fraud in a darker sense. It has a bit to do with his connections.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It's odd that Greer doesn't have any video clips from his own 'vectoring in' sessions to use in his film

If third phase of the moon claim their footage is real then technically wouldn't the copyright belong to the person that filmed the footage? Then the two would be at an impasse. I can see both of them settling this quietly and Greer removing the footage and maybe saying he was fooled by third moon, who he has just realised make fake footage. He being the good honest Dr he is.....

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

This is all still in the early stages, and I've no reassurances other than confirmation that Blake Cousins will soon be in contact with Greer.

Oh.

That's OK, let us know when that happens!

Thanks for the post.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Yes, it is interesting that Greer's promotional video doesn't show any footage from anything he's really involved in, but instead capitalizing on other sensational video from third party sources.

Cousins and Greer may very well come to a quiet agreement, but, since large amounts of money are involved on Greer's side, and there's the question of copyright violation in using video produced and owned by Thirphaseofmoon, there's a chance this could see legal action where both parties agitate in forcing each other out into the light.

Legal proceedings may also require revelation of 'trade' secrets to secure relevance of ownership regarding material in use.

Sure, Greer could plead ignorance, but, it's often been said that ignorance of the law is no excuse.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

A deal will most probably be made in the background. Perhaps some TPOTM recognition in the upcoming documentary, a percentage on profits, a little incentive in the meantime...

Who wins ?

They both do.

Who loses ?

The gullible on which they feed. So...

What else is new ??

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Granted, that is a possibility. If such were to occur, however, it puts both parties in bed together, and less some amount in the pocket of Greer.
Further, should any future rivalry occur, in the advent they don't get too liberal with NDAs between each other, there'll be dirt to sling at a later time.

Were Paramount to get involved, that could very well set a different tone, though, I'm personally doubtful that'll occur.

At the same time, Greer is fairly well known for playing the "I'm broke and don't have any money" card. Were he to try being stingy with a payoff to settle things with Thirdphaseofmoon, there is indeed the possibility of escalation.

edit on 9-8-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Interesting, it seems like you must have stirred up tension between two frauds? Anyway, thanks for the well thought-out information. It is good to know what isn't true.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Were Paramount to get involved, that could very well set a different tone, though, I'm personally doubtful that'll occur.

So am I.

At the same time, Greer is fairly well known for playing the "I'm broke and don't have any money" card. Were he to try being stingy with a payoff to settle things with Thirdphaseofmoon, there is indeed the possibility of escalation.

True. Yet even an escalation might prove fruitful. Let us not forget, Druscilla, that Greer has become a master in moneymaking and marketing schemes.

ATS and other venues have shown the bad side of the good doctor for years and he is still raking in.

Good or bad advertising, for him, IS advertising.
edit on 9-8-2012 by SonoftheSun because: missing word.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Hi Druscilla,

Another well written post as usual, and something else we agree on, perhaps a worrying sign

I honestly feel this will be settled in the background, a legal battle will damage TPOTM far more than Greer, he will claim ignorance as usual (Probably why he doesn't use this site, Deny ignorance would be an anathema to him) and maybe have to settle a relativly small amount for a few seconds clip, or remove it altogether.

TPOTM however I believe rely on advertising revenue though YouTube and openly admitting that it is faked footage which they made would be quite damaging, I know most people in the know are aware of it, but that is different from them openly admitting it.

Hopefully there is a bright side to this and it keeps both of them quiet and out of the lime light for a while

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

ATS and other venues have shown the bad side of the good doctor for years and he is still raking in. Good or bad advertising, for him, IS advertising.

Including the insinuations and innuendo regarding Dr. Greer's pedophilia?

I think not.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ReallyNiceGuy

Yeah... I'm pretty sure you have the wrong Steven Greer..

youtu.be...

reallyniceguy that wasn't very nice.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13ATS and other venues have shown the bad side of the good doctor for years and he is still raking in. Good or bad advertising, for him, IS advertising.

Including the insinuations and innuendo regarding Dr. Greer's pedophilia?

Originally posted by Rubicant13Yeah... I'm pretty sure you have the wrong Steven Greer..

reallyniceguy that wasn't very nice.

You'll never find once that I proffered that Dr. Greer was a pedophile, that was the lie that was fostered and fed by ATS posters, my friend.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I gotcha. You are back on reallyniceguy status. I apologize.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Please point out WHERE exactly anything of that sort is mentioned in this thread, other than by you bringing it up, and how it might be applicable toward any relevancy regarding the topic?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13

I gotcha. You are back on reallyniceguy status. I apologize.

Hey, appreciate that. No need really. It's a forum for miscellaneous opinions, right!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Seriously. Dr. Steven Greer isn't a pedophile. And it really bears nothing toward the post stating it as an opinion and/or a hearsay remark by others.
edit on 9-8-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13

Seriously. Dr. Steven Greer isn't a pedophile.

According to other posters, he is.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Is it a statement of fact or an opinion? If it is an opinion about the man in question it holds no weight and ONLY an opinion. I have read nothing in any regard linking him to being a pedophile. Anywhere.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join